• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,942 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm a newer collector. What is a press and resub? How do you do this? Thanks in advance.

Old label OW-W 8.0 benefited from a good pressing

IMG_0883_zps3nxrobg8.jpg

Squished it so hard the OW disappeared :o

I believe CGC has relaxed the criteria for page quality on books. It's very common for older slabbed books I send in for a press and resub to come back with a step up in page quality, especially from off white/white to white pages. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but this has been my experience with the 25 or so books I have done this with.

30 books back this week. Happy with 28 of them. The 29th had bad SCS right out of the box, and the 30th somehow detached its own cover at some point during the process.

First up:

The undisputed gem of the lot, and three top census Atlas books.

002%209_zpsohhwnboo.jpg

002%202_zpsaf6xamlr.jpg

002%207_zpsuolqdfk1.jpg

002%203_zpslelkusmh.jpg

Bad SCS right out of the box. :(

002_zpsq9hllgwn.jpg

....and last, but certainly least: this gem. It was a solid 9.4 when it left my hands. Someone threw in a free cover detachment along the way. So happy!

002%2019_zpsuxex9kfi.jpg

Bad SCS right out of the box. :(

002_zpsq9hllgwn.jpg

....and last, but certainly least: this gem. It was a solid 9.4 when it left my hands. Someone threw in a free cover detachment along the way. So happy!

002%2019_zpsuxex9kfi.jpg

Really nice books :applause: and that's the prettiest 4.0 I've ever seen

002%2019_zpsuxex9kfi.jpg

Those CGC graders have got to stop taking comic books with them into the can for their bathroom breaks :sick:

002%2019_zpsuxex9kfi.jpg

Those CGC graders have got to stop taking comic books with them into the can for their bathroom breaks :sick:

lol

Honestly with GSXM1, I have seen many copies with SCS on it. So much that I have a 8.5 in the new old slab. It's the second revision with the reduced newton rings/no inner well, but I plan to keep it in there. That was the only book I didn't send back in for re-holdering.