• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,943 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

817%20001_zps19sfkqnd.jpg

817%20003_zpsqup47dy0.jpg

817%20005_zpsvbicnyxq.jpg

817%20009_zps74hjczwo.jpg

817%20007_zps3wiu5mcn.jpg

817%20011_zps2qb4vraq.jpg

I've always wondered why that Vampirella Gallery book wasn't hotter. It's chromium, it's JSC, seems like people would be eating it up! I don't collect JCS much anymore, but these are some of my faves, nice job!

13 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

that sucks but that is still really freaking cool its a rare error and you also got the insurance

(shrug)  Not sure what you mean?  Sounds like it was an error on CGC's part and I'm hoping he calls the customer service reps and gets it sorted out.  I'd not be happy if my IH 181 got shipped to the wrong person and I got a drecky NM 98.

11 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Or was the not present IH181 trimmed?

Looks that way - but it's funnier to imagine someone trimming a NM 98. 

1 minute ago, 1Cool said:

Looks that way - but it's funnier to imagine someone trimming a NM 98. 

Fubar either way. Trimming any comic is tragic. Grading a 8.5 (don;t know if that would be its actual grade) NM98 is also tragic. All around tragic!

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Fubar either way. Trimming any comic is tragic. Grading a 8.5 (don;t know if that would be its actual grade) NM98 is also tragic. All around tragic!

The label says it should have been a IH 181 restored 8.5 with Stan's signature which is still a pretty nice book ($1,000 ish book).  Regardless - I've heard of people getting other people's books by mistake but that is the first where the book does not match the label but maybe it happens more then I know.

Edited by 1Cool

2 minutes ago, Patriot6 said:

Right, but if, alternatively, the NM98 turned out to be an 8.5 SS with resto ....WHY?!

Sadly there is a NM 98 CGC 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0 which have sold with restoration.  People and their markers do not mix.

2 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Sadly there is a NM 98 CGC 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0 which have sold with restoration.  People and their markers do not mix.

Well, at the very leaf if they feel they jumped the gun and bought the first copy that met their eyes, they can upgrade to one of the thousands of other available copies of either book at any time 24/7 - 365. They will always be out there in large quantity!