• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

@Hey Kids, Comics!

Since they didn't mention the pulled staple ??? I wouldn't worry too much

Come to think of it I had an ASM 129 that was a mark Jewelers variant and the insert was pulled at the top staple... It got 3.0 though, but also did not state it on the label

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Don't know why the ASM #36 (vol. 2) CGC 9.6 is not a 9.8 (no notes and that splooch to the left of the "S" was on the scanner bed. Grr. I have to rescan later) but my DD #168 (which is a 9.6) had notes...Ah well.  Overall, very pleased.

ASM 36 CGC 9 6.jpg

DD 131 CGC 9 2.jpg

DD 168 CGC 9 6.jpg

Seven to Eternity CGC 9 8.jpg

Preacher 1 CGC 9 8.jpg

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Here are some random "raw" impulse purchases that I had graded; enjoy lol mostly all real under copies

A subscription crease, A double cover, a National Diamond Insert and the Highest grade of the 4 hahha; I'm happy though, collect what makes you happy :) 

Tomb of Dracula 10 cgc 3.5.jpg

Incredible Hulk 162 cgc 5.5 double cover.jpg

Amazing spiderman 97 cgc 6.0 national diamond insert.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 98 cgc 7.5.jpg

22 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

The TOD #10 looks better than a CGC 3.5 !!!

Thanks I thought it would get 4.5 for sure

If it wasn't for the subscription crease it would be higher lol I think it presents well cause the color pops, but the crease breaks color all the way down....

I'm still :cloud9:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Here are some random "raw" impulse purchases that I had graded; enjoy lol mostly all real under copies

A subscription crease, A double cover, a National Diamond Insert and the Highest grade of the 4 hahha; I'm happy though, collect what makes you happy :) 

Tomb of Dracula 10 cgc 3.5.jpg

Incredible Hulk 162 cgc 5.5 double cover.jpg

Amazing spiderman 97 cgc 6.0 national diamond insert.jpg

Amazing Spiderman 98 cgc 7.5.jpg

Collect what makes you happy and you can never lose!  Nice books!

3 minutes ago, Nick's Comics said:

These are going straight into my "keeper box".  I have owned the Diary of Horror for around 5 years or so.  The Flying Saucers and Weird Chills are both pick ups within the last year.  They all came from the same seller but I'll never tell you who so don't ask. (tsk)  I have more PCH out at CGC now so I'll check back in with those once I get them back.  I will tell you that 1 of the upcoming books is an EC book with a double cover! :banana: 

20170924_184620.jpg

That Flying Saucer's #1 is awesome and just landed on my want list.  Nice batch!

Just back from CGC........Not a first appearance or anything but i just love the way Arthur Adams has drawn wolverine here downside was it seems to be a bloody rare variant to come across and also finding one in this good condition as well being black spine etc.

wumsuq.jpg

@comicdonna So then the reason people are getting plain books without anything special about them(no sig for example) is because they are unrestored books? Doesnt seem worth the cost. I suppose if its a rare first appearance or a really old book I can see wanting it slabbed. But it appears as though people are just submitting random books for the most part.