• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Nemogollom said:

You can send it in with a bite and ask for a review.  If they decide it could be incorrectly graded then they'll crack it and regrade it (charging you a reholder fee), otherwise send it back to you with comments.  Basically the grade shouldn't drop.  Another option is to send it into CCS for a press and then a grading after.

I've had success both ways, but I've only send in a review book for something that I couldn't see other than the artwork making it look line spine stress.

UNless CGC has changed their policy on a review, if they do regrade it, you are charged a regrading fee. In my experience, the fee was one tier below the original submission. 

2 minutes ago, Ovrclck said:

@ADAMANTIUM

I must be oblivious but when did Matte's start surpassing $100.00? Hmmmmmm

image.png

I was nervous to say cause flip may be a dirty word, but to answer your question, since Feb 1st... lol

You could sell your 9.8 matte right now and cover your cost to slab these books, and hold on the glossy for fmv....  :foryou:

27 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

UNless CGC has changed their policy on a review, if they do regrade it, you are charged a regrading fee. In my experience, the fee was one tier below the original submission. 

Sorry, that is correct, I was mistaken.  It was a reholder fee regardless as they'll crack it to take a look, then you'll pay a (potentially) lowered grading fee if they think it'll be a higher grade.  In my case it was a 9.6 to a 9.8, where the 9.6 had no comments and my only guess was they thought the artwork caused spine stress.  They ended up agreeing with me and adjusting it.  That said, I've put through over 150 books and while a few I think fell in this bucket, it wasn't really worth the review except that one and a couple I haven't sent in yet.  Most of my other modern books it wasn't worth the time or additional cost.

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was nervous to say cause flip may be a dirty word, but to answer your question, since Feb 1st... lol

You could sell your 9.8 matte right now and cover your cost to slab these books, and hold on the glossy for fmv....  :foryou:

I hadn't looked at the prices lately, but that's crazy.  I have 2 glossy SS ones (shooter and layton) coming back still, and another one (i've previously posted on here) of SS shooter/layton and erroneously Stan Lee.  Hope they're all back in time to capitalize on some of that.  :)

1 minute ago, Nemogollom said:

I hadn't looked at the prices lately, but that's crazy.  I have 2 glossy SS ones (shooter and layton) coming back still, and another one (i've previously posted on here) of SS shooter/layton and erroneously Stan Lee.  Hope they're all back in time to capitalize on some of that.  :)

@Ovrclck and nemogollum there is a couple of pages worth of discussion in the moderns heating up thread in the modern forum.

If you do decide to sell .... be wise in pricing, I listed a 9.6 glossy at $229 and it sat a day then mine and one priced at $300 popped..... difference of $70 Lol

I can't be mad lol

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

i agree but there are no creases i can see at all!! what should i do?

In my experience, I miss a lot more stuff then CGC does. Chances are those creases are there but are very faint and you missed them. Take a look through the case with a magnifying glass and see if you can see anything. If not, break it out and if you still can't find anything, resub it. At least that's what I would do.