• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, greggy said:

Suck it hater

Definitely wasn't hating.  Just thinking CGC seemed harsh on your sub this time around. 

( and no I will not start some revenge grade thread or start promoting that CGC is going down. ) 

I do know that your submissions usually have a certain consistency ( grade , not so much material) 

But that's just the ramblings of 

AKA Irrelevant one. 

Xoxo...

Just now, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Definitely wasn't hating.  Just thinking CGC seemed harsh on your sub this time around. 

( and no I will not start some revenge grade thread or start promoting that CGC is going down. ) 

I do know that your submissions usually have a certain consistency ( grade , not so much material) 

But that's just the ramblings of 

AKA Irrelevant one. 

Xoxo...

I will win the war.  This batch had mostly sucky books anyways.  

Just now, greggy said:

I will win the war.  This batch had mostly sucky books anyways.  

I do not doubt you there.

I do know you have definitely set yourself up by volume, which as you said overall you will win the war.

Plus that post earlier , you had way better material than this for sure. Congratulations.  

12 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Prescreen next time so you don't end up with so much junk.

I hope he doesn't so I can get a pretty accurate gauge on how tight CGC is at the moment.  When Greggy gets back up to at least 50% CGC 9.8s I'll start sending in books again.

And for those counting at home Greggy got 10 9.8s and 40 9.6 and under.  A few years ago that ratio would have been unheard off.

Edited by 1Cool

20 hours ago, RearAdmiralSwank said:

I'd still buy that Beavis and Butthead

I can remember about 10-12 years ago here on the boards I sold a Beavis 1 slabbed 9.8 to TIIIMMMMMAAAYYYYYY!  People made fun of it so when he received it he used a table saw and sawed it into quarters.  And posted it for all to see.  Good times! 

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I hope he doesn't so I can get a pretty accurate gauge on how tight CGC is at the moment.  When Greggy gets back up to at least 50% CGC 9.8s I'll start sending in books again.

And for those counting at home Greggy got 10 9.8s and 40 9.6 and under.  A few years ago that ratio would have been unheard off.

I just got back one of my best ever boxes.  Several bronze/copper 9.8.  Marvel Team up 53, 74, 100.  A Scout 1.  Infinity Inc 14, Camelot 3000 1, Crisis 8....Nothing amazing but was very happy with the grades. Above average for my drek. 

28 minutes ago, cd4ever said:

I just got back one of my best ever boxes.  Several bronze/copper 9.8.  Marvel Team up 53, 74, 100.  A Scout 1.  Infinity Inc 14, Camelot 3000 1, Crisis 8....Nothing amazing but was very happy with the grades. Above average for my drek. 

I heard this at the Con last weekend - people seemed happy with the grades they have gotten lately.  But then I see 40 sub 9.8s from a quality grader like Greggy and it gives me pause.  I've got a stack of 9.6/9.8 contenders of books like Hulk 340 / Punisher Limited 1 / Thor 337 so I may try my luck at the end of the month to see how they are doing (or at least how I'm doing compared to them).

21 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I heard this at the Con last weekend - people seemed happy with the grades they have gotten lately.  But then I see 40 sub 9.8s from a quality grader like Greggy and it gives me pause.  I've got a stack of 9.6/9.8 contenders of books like Hulk 340 / Punisher Limited 1 / Thor 337 so I may try my luck at the end of the month to see how they are doing (or at least how I'm doing compared to them).

You guys still have Con's going on? o.O

1 minute ago, batmiesta said:

You guys still have Con's going on? o.O

Yep - but only the small local ones are going on.  I'm hoping we can have a couple of the big ones this Fall.