• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS
10 10

412 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Joosh said:

Web of Spider-man 1 missing Most black ink on multiple pages. 

FBA54567-27DC-4EE2-90DC-A0C0BD503CE7.jpeg

That's cool. Did you discover it by accident or buy it as an error? Internal errors are so cool. 

12 hours ago, Steve71 said:

Hello...Been a member for a bit but never really post...well I did a few times in the spare a grade section years ago but the board upgrade wiped out my history...

Anyway has anyone seen an error like this before? The cover has been attached upside-down...I read earlier in this thread about a Betty & Veronica with a glued cover like this but there was no pics & I haven't found any other examples here or on the google...I am just wondering how rare something like this is. 

Thanks for your thoughts!

KIMG0290.JPG

That's cool too. Upside down interiors do turn up occasionally. In my experience, value is linked to the desirability of the comic / issue in it's normal state. Spidey errors always seem to sell well for example, especially ASM. Lesser collected titles may stay unsold or carry a small premium though. It's cool either way.  

4 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's cool too. Upside down interiors do turn up occasionally. In my experience, value is linked to the desirability of the comic / issue in it's normal state. Spidey errors always seem to sell well for example, especially ASM. Lesser collected titles may stay unsold or carry a small premium though. It's cool either way.  

Thanks for the reply!

I picked up a small lot of Star Comics at a thrift store months ago & finally started putting them in new bags/boards and 3 of the 5 Droids #2 in the lot were like this so I figured it wasn't too rare...totally cool though and what a weird feeling it was opening up the book, took me a couple seconds to realize what I was looking at.

47 minutes ago, Steve71 said:

Thanks for the reply!

I picked up a small lot of Star Comics at a thrift store months ago & finally started putting them in new bags/boards and 3 of the 5 Droids #2 in the lot were like this so I figured it wasn't too rare...totally cool though and what a weird feeling it was opening up the book, took me a couple seconds to realize what I was looking at.

There's something about misprints isn't there. Finding them by chance especially. Love em :headbang:

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

pw1.PNG.b65243734882e9836154fa613a192423.PNG hm

I’ve owned a few copies and looked at many others over time. I was aware of this production booboo before I won it. It doesn’t bother me as much as how did it happen. I haven’t searched real hard but I’ve yet to see this on another copy. Almost unnoticeable but now you can’t unsee it. 

6 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I’ve owned a few copies and looked at many others over time. I was aware of this production booboo before I won it. It doesn’t bother me as much as how did it happen. I haven’t searched real hard but I’ve yet to see this on another copy. Almost unnoticeable but now you can’t unsee it. 

I like it. It makes it unique.

pw.thumb.PNG.c7d7c52d4b23cb03ca7d95278f7db941.PNG

On 11/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, Steve71 said:

Anyway has anyone seen an error like this before? The cover has been attached upside-down...I read earlier in this thread about a Betty & Veronica with a glued cover like this but there was no pics & I haven't found any other examples here or on the google...I am just wondering how rare something like this is. 

KIMG0290.JPG

Here's something similar? 

IMG_20191109_183804512.thumb.jpg.f0afcc9997ee5a1cf601f5c760c0a058.jpgIMG_20191109_183811822.thumb.jpg.25dc79305a7b6d8ba6338d4203bed478.jpg