• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS
10 10

412 posts in this topic

Not in hand yet but I'm excited....

Back when magneto sucked the Adamantium out of wolvie, wolverine became the underdog and thusly my favorite 

Hence my registry profile bio

I got my wolverine subscription from marvel as a kid after the Adamantium was gone :)

I own x-men 25 and wolverine 75

and I just added these 2 to round out the stories and they appear to be errors as well

just need uncanny x-men #304 :tink:

m71031284215_2.jpg?1579870458&key=eb01f6bd16b22370b468914d834eec4fc35bace3570bc364a10a03eea276d69am71031284215_1.jpg?1579870458&key=fedc25de7f965ee23a5709347591917ce6d25a34b1c5d3fec55861b9a35ef733

9 minutes ago, Lifesuggs said:

Bought this when i was little, never saw an error like this before and thought it would pay for college some day (in fairness i was like 12) actually sent this back cause they didn’t note the error, wanted my green label! 

8C8803BE-6B0C-49CE-B33A-7ED5ED85FDBD.jpeg

9568E137-74EB-4D9A-A7AC-A6AC09139851.jpeg

9.4 is awesome for a book from when you were a youngster!

And good on you for being honest :)

fun all around! I remember my dad buying me a ren and stimpy to read for a plane flight! :headbang:

he took scissors to parts because he thought I was too young hahaha

15 hours ago, Lifesuggs said:

Bought this when i was little, never saw an error like this before and thought it would pay for college some day (in fairness i was like 12) actually sent this back cause they didn’t note the error, wanted my green label! 

9568E137-74EB-4D9A-A7AC-A6AC09139851.jpeg

I'd have loved to see the interior pages - I don't suppose you took pre-slabbed pictures?

Also, Lifesuggs, did you request a Qualified label? I 'Asked CGC' last month whether an internal printing error copy I have would get a Blue with a note or a Qualified. They said Blue Universal with a note and then deleted the post. I've asked again, and hope the publish the answer this time.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:27 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I'd have loved to see the interior pages - I don't suppose you took pre-slabbed pictures?

Also, Lifesuggs, did you request a Qualified label? I 'Asked CGC' last month whether an internal printing error copy I have would get a Blue with a note or a Qualified. They said Blue Universal with a note and then deleted the post. I've asked again, and hope the publish the answer this time.

I did, if I can remember where I saved them.

There was no note at all on the blue label which is why I sent it back. They sent it back green, hadn't thought about it or asked before I sent it back to get the notation.

Pulled this in a dollar bin.. missing the silver foil embossing.. sold it

I also have an error of a high grade Batman 244 where ever other page is blank missing the correct ink color.. majority is in light pink/white.. it's in a video on YT if you're curious enough.. I got that comic for 50cents :)

IMG_3801.jpg

Edited by littledoom

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Pulled this in a dollar bin.. missing the silver foil embossing.. sold it

I also have an error of a high grade Batman 244 where ever other page is blank missing the correct ink color.. majority is in light blue/white.. it's in a video on YT if you're curious enough.. I got that comic for 50cents :)

Link?

Love Bats 244

45 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Link?

Love Bats 244

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHOk8oRwh0

At 10:30 is where I show off Batman 244 in detail but starts off at 9:19 in the video.

I emailed CGC and here's what a rep said

Matthew Gens

"Thank you for your email. Our graders reviewed the video and determined that the book would be graded and placed in a holder with the green qualified label. The label would state “manufacturer error,” as well as something similar to “manufactured without magenta ink on page 3.” Please note that the second quote is just an example as the graders would determine the exact wording and verbiage. Thank you"

From Jimmers' thread.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:54 PM, MR SigS said:

Thanks to Jimmers mentioning he liked Avengers #100 [in part] for the color, I would not have noticed the top edge of this issue. Thanks for liking yellow covers, Jimmers! :headbang:

On 12/2/2019 at 12:50 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

That's cool, I've not seen that one before. I like how the absence of yellow leaves the top of the red Avengers 'A' as magenta.

1538369584_2019-12-0208_47_02.png.6accc439f5cc548c796d2b830d3f8360.png 

400px-SubtractiveColor.svg_.png.3b91b198cd85129ef4e5161889db4711.png

This book must have been problematic. I just found a different defect in the same location.

oVT9D9A.jpg

6 hours ago, MR SigS said:

From Jimmers' thread.

This book must have been problematic. I just found a different defect in the same location.

oVT9D9A.jpg

I love the date stamp :)

You often find that - certain issues having multiple printing issues. ASM 182 and 188 were troublesome in that wonderful way :cloud9:

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHOk8oRwh0

At 10:30 is where I show off Batman 244 in detail but starts off at 9:19 in the video.

I emailed CGC and here's what a rep said

Matthew Gens

"Thank you for your email. Our graders reviewed the video and determined that the book would be graded and placed in a holder with the green qualified label. The label would state “manufacturer error,” as well as something similar to “manufactured without magenta ink on page 3.” Please note that the second quote is just an example as the graders would determine the exact wording and verbiage. Thank you"

That's a thing of beauty Littledoom. Internal printing errors are, of course, much harder to find than cover errors and that is a great one. CGC seem very inconsistent on their treatment of these - I have an ASM #5 with an internal printing error and they said they would place it in a blue holder with no note which I thought defeated the object somewhat.

Anyway, nice book and thanks for sharing the video - here's a screenshot of it:

923693795_2020-04-1108_53_10.thumb.png.57cb8b935b78d9f557e233789c41fa11.png

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's a thing of beauty Littledoom. Internal printing errors are, of course, much harder to find than cover errors and that is a great one. CGC seem very inconsistent on their treatment of these - I have an ASM #5 with an internal printing error and they said they would place it in a blue holder with no note which I thought defeated the object somewhat.

Anyway, nice book and thanks for sharing the video - here's a screenshot of it:

923693795_2020-04-1108_53_10.thumb.png.57cb8b935b78d9f557e233789c41fa11.png

Thanks for screenshotting it.. yeah I feel it's up to the discretion of the slab guy... that message exchange from the CGC rep was from Nov 2017! So who knows how attitudes and behaviors change... I think if it were in my favor it would be blue labeled.. as for me now, I enjoy the ability to fan through the pages at my leisure.. so it's raw :)

25 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Thanks for screenshotting it.. yeah I feel it's up to the discretion of the slab guy... that message exchange from the CGC rep was from Nov 2017! So who knows how attitudes and behaviors change... I think if it were in my favor it would be blue labeled.. as for me now, I enjoy the ability to fan through the pages at my leisure.. so it's raw :)

I would prefer a qualified label myself with a note indicating the type of printing error - or a blue but with a full note. For me, these printing errors are desirable because they are so comparatively scarce. You can pick most 'regular' books up easily but some of these error books have only a handful of copies known - why have what everyone else has got when you can have something fairly unique!

I 'Asked CGC' three times about my ASM #5. The first was deleted a few years back with no response. The second got a response which was 'Qualified with note' but was deleted / not published before I could save a copy. The third is below, from early last month:

1926459381_Error03_03_20b.thumb.PNG.42dc32c04ab7c308fa0bec99631f502a.PNG

That got deleted too so it seems to me that CGC are reluctant to publish an official stance on these types of books. That's fair enough, it's their service, but I won't be submitting it as a result. There's no point having a cool one of a kind error and having it entombed in an unmarked slab is there!

asm5err.thumb.PNG.b03bd52ff1bc67b0d8207db0167e8908.PNG

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I would prefer a qualified label myself with a note indicating the type of printing error - or a blue but with a full note. For me, these printing errors are desirable because they are so comparatively scarce. You can pick most 'regular' books up easily but some of these error books have only a handful of copies known - why have what everyone else has got when you can have something fairly unique!

I 'Asked CGC' three times about my ASM #5. The first was deleted a few years back with no response. The second got a response which was 'Qualified with note' but was deleted / not published before I could save a copy. The third is below, from early last month:

1926459381_Error03_03_20b.thumb.PNG.42dc32c04ab7c308fa0bec99631f502a.PNG

That got deleted too so it seems to me that CGC are reluctant to publish an official stance on these types of books. That's fair enough, it's their service, but I won't be submitting it as a result. There's no point having a cool one of a kind error and having it entombed in an unmarked slab is there!

asm5err.thumb.PNG.b03bd52ff1bc67b0d8207db0167e8908.PNG

Very nice ASM error.. really suave... a green qualified label is an eye getter vs blue.. I would also want a detailed explanation w proper verbiage if it is labeled universal

7 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Very nice ASM error.. really suave... a green qualified label is an eye getter vs blue.. I would also want a detailed explanation w proper verbiage if it is labeled universal

What do we want!

Proper verbiage!

When do we want it!

When we submit our cool internal misprint books for encapsulation!

Trips off the tongue doesn't it :)

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

What do we want!

Proper verbiage!

When do we want it!

When we submit our cool internal misprint books for encapsulation!

Trips off the tongue doesn't it :)

If there's an error on the cover it's easy to see thats why.. if it's internal it's a personality trait that can only been seen within.. so that's why the notations are key