• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CELEBRATE THE MANUFACTURING ERRORS
10 10

410 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, littledoom said:

On the left normal Batman 244, on the right error misprint white/pink 244

forgot i had these pix

IMG_5616.JPG

Lovely. Its a shame there aren't more people interested / commenting in threads like these. I'll keep an eye out for this one in future (thumbsu

3 minutes ago, jasoncg1971 said:

Did you send it back in to be re-graded? If so, why?

The only reason I sent it in in the first place was because I couldn't find out what in the world it was... I thought maybe I'd learn something from whatever CGC put on the label, so I was pretty surprised to see it come back Blue.  Last thing I wanted was to encase something unique in plastic with no mention of its uniqueness, so I asked if I could send it back in for a new label. (They were great about it... it was free, and they apologized, noting that their graders had never seen a copy of the book before and so didn't realize it was an error.)

I have a book with what I think has a printing error, but I don't think it's one that adds to the collectablity. I wasn't able to find any reference of this (could just be a failure in my searching abilities), but I have a copy of Iron Fist #1 that looks to have been printed with two sets of staples. One set on the inside and one on the outside. It doesn't appear to be staples that were added after manufacturing. I can try to dig the book out and post a pic. 

Is this error fairly common and does it make the book any more desirable at all? Years ago I threw it up on ebay and got zero interest 😂

22 hours ago, serling1978 said:

I have a book with what I think has a printing error, but I don't think it's one that adds to the collectablity. I wasn't able to find any reference of this (could just be a failure in my searching abilities), but I have a copy of Iron Fist #1 that looks to have been printed with two sets of staples. One set on the inside and one on the outside. It doesn't appear to be staples that were added after manufacturing. I can try to dig the book out and post a pic. 

Is this error fairly common and does it make the book any more desirable at all? Years ago I threw it up on ebay and got zero interest 😂

I don't think extra sets of staples have ever set the pulses racing of misprint collectors Serling, sorry. They are one of the few printing mishap scenarios that I actually dislike. My brother had a Hulk #5 once that had no staples. That I liked, as there were no puncture holes and it just seemed cool to me, that the book skipped that part of the process unnoticed. It had a strange virgin feel to it and the fact that it had survived with all contents intact for so long gave it a survivor feel too. Missing colours, the wrong colours, upside down pages, duplicate pages, miscuts - all these things excite those that love a production error (and this thread and others like it prove that they're out there). Duplicate staples bring with them the possibility that they were added after the event to strengthen a book. Maybe that has something to do with it. But unless someone chimes in with a contrary view, I feel they will forever remain as unloved anomalies.