• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Magazines The next Gold Rush!!!

16 posts in this topic

Thanks for the pointer to the thread.

Lets change the question on this thread. Is there a price guide for Magazines. And will CGC Magazines bring the same kind of multiples we have seen for for graded versus ungraded comics.

makepoint.gif

Thanks for the pointer to the thread.

Lets change the question on this thread. Is there a price guide for Magazines. And will CGC Magazines bring the same kind of multiples we have seen for for graded versus ungraded comics.

Joseph... you can edit the "title" of your initial post if you want to change the focus and maybe get more to join the conversation

As far as multiples, mags vs. comic... I think there's probably going to be an initial "watch and see" period where most CGC Graded Mags will be approached/bid on more conservatively than CGC Comics were initially. Buyers are a bit more experienced and patient now and will likely be watching much closer as to what everyone else is willing to spend. Risk-takers that know Mags really well could take advantage if so. I think the higher demand issues will go ballistic regardless. Depending on how successful the first 100-200 issues offered for sale are, that will influence buyer confidence either way.

I don't know the "Mag market" very well, but I would doubt we'd see similar multiples to comics but I expect it to be a well-received/appreciated addition to the CGC product line. It will be very interesting to watch

Fanzines may do well also: Marvel Mania, early FOOM, 893crossfingers-thumb.gifor Amaz World of DC.

Are they grading Fanzines ???

If so then Witzend would be my pick...Wally Wood is/was one of the pillars of the industry/hobby. Tragic end though, put a gun in his mouth around 1982 after realizing he would have to spend the rest ohis life on Dialysis. (somebody check me on that, its been a while since I read on Mr. Wood but I believe that was what prompted his suicide).

There is a gi-normous monster mag price guide out there with a $40 cover price. Its a huge work that pictures all the covers, but not worth more than $25-$30 so try to find it used. The best FM's are 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12. They tend to sell REALLY well in any grade. There are cover variations of 4, 6, & 7 with 6 being the most are variation, only 2 are known of the one versipon. I got $145 for a regular #6 with a completely split spine that had been taped back together! any of #1-30 & 38 sell for insane multiples when in NM because spine splitting is SO prevelant with them. #20 is especially notorious for splitting. They were just manufactured to harshly, i have heard tales of people buying them new off of the stands with split spines. These are late 50's early 60's, so of course NM's are tough anyway. i recently unloaded almost all of mine to pay off debt, so i will miss out on the rush sadly.......