• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,395 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2019 at 2:10 AM, woowoo said:

2 more bump

newsstand-1942-2.jpg

Cap 12 (?), Mystic 8 (?), Captain Marvel Adventures 7 (?), Crack Comics 22 (?), which would put this pic around February/March of '42?? (mea culpa if this has already been determined in a previous post) ... just love these pics! Keep them coming ...

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, Ivan Ivanstein said:

Hi gang,

I collect vintage, original comic-related snapshots.  If anyone here has pre-1980 original photographs featuring comics to sell, please PM me.  I'll pay generously for examples I want!

Cheers, Ivan

Ivan Briggs, Director of Comics, PBA Galleries Auctioneers, San Francisco Bay Area

This was on ebay few times never sold

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Detective-27-1939-1st-app-magazine-comic-book-rack-salesman-photo-pulps-/233306245065?hash=item365222c7c9%3Ag%3AKfoAAOSw6w5c-dUU&nma=true&si=jCaCPSHktdxTcNPcczoJfnVK9w0%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Tec 27 pic.jpg

Tec 27 pic-1.jpg

Edited by woowoo

22 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

The pre-Code pic above is mine as well -- I own the original negative, along with another from the same photo session.  Woowoo, do you know who owns the original of the boy holding Detective 27?  That's definitely up my alley...

(shrug) Few more pictures

Newsstand-3..jpg

newsstand-11-2.jpg

newsstand-26-1.jpg

newsstand-29 Action 80.jpg

newsstand-39.jpg

newsstand-1942-Detective-66 Marvel-Mystery-34.jpg

newsstand-Action-21.jpg

11 hours ago, woowoo said:

Newsstand-Detective 27 back in 1939.gif

5 hours ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

The pre-Code pic above is mine as well -- I own the original negative, along with another from the same photo session.  Woowoo, do you know who owns the original of the boy holding Detective 27?  That's definitely up my alley...

I thought the boy was Woowoo...:baiting:

10 hours ago, woowoo said:

(shrug) Few more pictures

Newsstand-3..jpg

I think I posted this one a long time ago or at least one similar.  It is from a TV show I believe but cannot think of which one.  I know I used cut some videos up when I noticed comics.  One I remember was an episode of the 50s Superman show with a newsstand of of some DC comics.

Someone know which show this is from?  I want to say Twilight Zone because I think that is Burgess Meredith not facing the camera and he was in a few of them.

Edited by telerites