• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,395 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, telerites said:

I think I posted this one a long time ago or at least one similar.  It is from a TV show I believe but cannot think of which one.  I know I used cut some videos up when I noticed comics.  One I remember was an episode of the 50s Superman show with a newsstand of of some DC comics.

Someone know which show this is from?  I want to say Twilight Zone because I think that is Burgess Meredith not facing the camera and he was in a few of them.

000000000000000000000000.jpg

Newsstand-lois-Clark 4th season-Ghost-Scotland yard.png

Newsstand-lois-Clark 4th season-Ghost-Scotland yard-2.png

25 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

Woowoo, you're the boy in the pic with Detective 27? Would you sell the original? PM me if interested...

No that's not me. N e r V is just a friend that is playing with me.

nerve.jpg

On 9/10/2019 at 2:40 PM, fifties said:

1955; those horrid comic books...

1955 classroom a.jpg

So many harmful books - Batman, Wonder Woman, Famous Funnies, Heroic Regular Fellas...

It amazes me that, just nine years after the defeat of Nazi Germany, we would be burning books in this country.

3 hours ago, fifties said:

If she only knew what the Weird Science and TFTC copies she is about to destroy would be worth someday...

comic-burning a.jpg

Yes, enough to at least buy a different coat!  I think her partner in crime is holding a Spellbound 22!! 

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

On 9/11/2019 at 8:05 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

There's just something about this pic that makes me think of 'Children of the Damned' ... wasn't this pic taken before the books were 'slaughtered' in the fires of the SOTI years?

childrenofthedamned.jpg

What is poor old Jughead doing on that wall. So sad, a number of keys there. People can be so ignorant...

On 9/11/2019 at 1:22 PM, fifties said:

If she only knew what the Weird Science and TFTC copies she is about to destroy would be worth someday...

comic-burning a.jpg

They unwittingly did their part to create rarity, scarcity and thereby unintentionally manipulate supply, and indirectly demand in today's market.  Let's take a moment to thank these sheep.