• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 NEWSSTAND PIC TIME MACHINE JOURNEY INTO THE PAST
18 18

2,395 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

Here’s a photo collage I own. The pic of Subby is from Avengers #4. I bet whoever made this collage would’ve thought twice if he’d only known a mint copy would be worth a small fortune someday...

4B75D9B1-447C-4FB4-9810-3F7F3090C918.jpeg

It's pretty well done. A bit like some of the Marvel covers that blended a drawn character with a photo background.

1 hour ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

That’s great! Can you tell if it’s a vintage original photographic print or a later copy? If it’s an original I’ll make a good solid offer. 

I’m sure you would. Stand in line. It is a photo discovered many years ago by a well known comic dealer. He made a bunch of copies of it that have been floating around for years. 

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I’m sure you would. Stand in line. It is a photo discovered many years ago by a well known comic dealer. He made a bunch of copies of it that have been floating around for years. 

Sure, I’ve seen the copies, including colorized versions. Sooner or later I’ll bag an original. 

9 hours ago, woowoo said:
10 hours ago, Point Five said:

Dang. I remember that game. It's been a while!

:whatthe: you that old :whee:

Well, on May 16 1973 I was about 6 months old. But yep... I was around. :)