• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new OPG: keys with the highest % of Price Increase

39 posts in this topic

Last year in the Gold section, I listed the GA books with the highest % of price increase relative to the prior year in "The Guide". ( remember, this is Guide increase in pricing, not necessarily "real life" price increases ). The thread in Gold was pretty popular, so I thought you guys might enjoy it here in General, with a smattering of different Era's and Genre's thrown in. This info can be found on pages 146-150. ( they are not missing! )

This represents the keys in the new OPG that had the largest price increase relative to last year, shown as a percentage of increase. - last year $1 / this year $1.50 = a 50% increase

GOLD

1. Archie #1 - 24% increase

2. Pep #22 - 20% increase

3. Suspense #3 - 20% increase

4. Action #7 - 14% increase

SILVER

1. Journey into Mystery #83 - 20% increase

2. Flash #105 ( really ...why's that? ) - 19% increase

3. Tales of Suspense #39 - 19% increase

4. Amazing Spider-Man #1 - 18% increase

BRONZE

1. Green Lantern #76 - 27% increase

2. Iron Fist #14 price variant - 26% increase

3. Star Wars #1 price variant - 18% increase

COPPER

1. Albedo #2 - 22% increase

2. Gobbledygook #2 - 8% increase

3. Gobbledygook #1 - 5% increase

TOP CRIME BOOK

Crime Does Not Pay #24 - 29% increase

TOP HORROR

Tales to Astonish #1 - 10% increase

TOP SCI-FI

Weird Science Fantasy Annual 1952 - 9% increase

go ahead.....discuss!

Steve

TOP CRIME BOOK

Crime Does Not Pay #24 - 29% increase

With the G- copy I sold for $500 last year, as well as a couple other sales, this seems like a proper move.

Was the 29% across the board or just the higher grades?

Nice to see Archie getting his due.

JIM 83 kind of surprises me when compared to TOS 39.

I agree that Flash 105 makes little or no sense.

VERY interesting that Action 7 makes the list and then an actual sale confirms the renewed interest.

But the hottest book on the planet doesn't make the list, but it's follow up does?? (AF 15 vs ASM 1).

VERY interesting that Action 7 makes the list and then an actual sale confirms the renewed interest.

But the hottest book on the planet doesn't make the list, but it's follow up does?? (AF 15 vs ASM 1).

Really not sure why ASM 1 had such a huge increase. It is one of the most overrated SA books and in my opinion the differential between AF 15 and ASM 1 should be a lot larger then it is right now.

I have not picked up my guide yet. Did X-Men #94 or Amazing Adventures #11 drop at all?

Neither of them dropped...

Amazing Adventures #11:

'07: 14 / 28 / 42 / 97 / 161 / 225

'08: 14 / 28 / 42 / 99 / 175 / 250

The X-Men #94:

'07: 60 / 120 / 180 / 480 / 780 / 1,080

'08: 65 / 130 / 195 / 520 / 835 / 1,150

Note to self: Must buy my XM 94 before '08 closes out.

And :banana: for ASM 1 being in top % increases! I'm hoping AF 15 doesn't jump too much (yet) as I'd still like to nurse a dream of owning one in the next couple years.

X-Men 94 Never realizes guide prices. It sells well below guide in most cases..

:whatthe:

i am looking for a 9.0 with perfect centering. PQ can be off-white because i want to pay in the $600 range. It seems 9.0 and below do fetch below guide from what i have seen while 9.2 and up have higher demand. Still remember getting a true 8,5 in the mail for $35 when i was a kid :cloud9:

true dat! ( the entire summary, except TOS39 / JIM83 )

This represents the keys in the new OPG that had the largest price increase relative to last year, shown as a percentage of increase. - last year $1 / this year $1.50 = a 50% increase

GOLD

1. Archie #1 - 24% increase

2. Pep #22 - 20% increase

3. Suspense #3 - 20% increase

4. Action #7 - 14% increase

Steve

Steve;

Well, since I haven't really had time to take a look at the guide yet as I just got back into town today, this is what I have to say about the GA "winners":

1) A bit shock that 'Tec #35 did not make this list as this appeard to be the hottest GA book out there the past year based upon both prices realized and the comments on the boards here.

2) Surprised that Suspense #3 was raised by such a large amount since I thought the popularity of this book had already seen its better days several years ago.

3) No surpise at all with the early Archie price increases since this has been overdue for several years now.

4) Action #7 is interesting in that this could be an initial signal of a movement back to the early Action books since the pre-Robin Tecs have basically been the dominant price movers during the past several years.

Interesting price movement and will make some more comments once I have time to take a look at the guide this weekend. hm