• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

More Fun with Dr. Occult

59 posts in this topic

Just getting caught up with this thread, and I have to say, Aardvark, Jon B. and Ken, BRAVO for posting this amazing and RARE, RARE, RARE material!! (and Steve as well!)

I never see enough pages posted on these boards, and these pages are from books I will probably never own. Its so great to get a glimpse of these embroyonic comics... say it again, embroyonic comics... I love Shuster's artwork, and its so fun to see stories that are darker and more "fantastic" than his early Superman stuff.

Steve C. was kind enough to show some of this early work to me first hand ... it has a magical feel to it... so raw and energetic!!

Jon B: that NEW FUN display is simply amazing. I would kill for a NEW FUN #3 ... just love that sci-fi cover. Never knew about the NEW FUN club!!

Looking forward to seeing what else turns up !! Keep up the good work boys!

The only Dr. Occult story missing from this thread is from MF #17. I was going to pull my copy and scan the story, but then realized it is at the bank. I will scan the story the next time I get the chance to retrieve it. Here is the cover scan.

Beautiful book! Love the reds on a fresh and appealing copy! :cloud9:

A 4 pg. Dr Occult possibly from a July issue month assuming bi-monthly circulation back then. Help a brotha out with issue # or just enjoy the Siegel and Shuster?

P3210024.jpg

More Fun 24 (September, 1937)

here are some cover scans of a few early New Funs...

NewFun3.jpg

Wow Rick, are these yours????

(worship)

on going discussion....2-6 are "mine" if I want them...I have held off actually purchasing due to financial constraints, but they are there when I am ready :)

here are some cover scans of a few early New Funs...

NewFun3.jpg

Wow Rick, are these yours????

(worship)

on going discussion....2-6 are "mine" if I want them...I have held off actually purchasing due to financial constraints, but they are there when I am ready :)

Rick, allow me to post for you for a moment:

:takeit:

Did some wheelin' and a dealin' with Socratic Wonder today, and we did a trade. This is one of the books I picked up...(interesting to note that the Guide lists MF 14 as the 1st color Dr. Occult, but it actually is in this book, MF 13)...

MoreFun13.jpg

I wonder what he picked up in return? hm (let's just say hel'll be Having a Cigar tonight!!)

Did some wheelin' and a dealin' with Socratic Wonder today, and we did a trade. This is one of the books I picked up...(interesting to note that the Guide lists MF 14 as the 1st color Dr. Occult, but it actually is in this book, MF 13)...

MoreFun13.jpg

I wonder what he picked up in return? hm (let's just say hel'll be Having a Cigar tonight!!)

:applause: