• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2017 at 9:10 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

Just a friendly reminder the Punisher show is now up on Netflix.

btw it is awesome.:headbang:

I'm not the most active on this thread, but I am subscribed to it and lurking often.

Last night I finished the 4 fourth episode. I'm enjoying this show so damn much. So far it's my favorite of all the Marvel netflix shows.

One thing did bother me in Episode 2. I say this knowing I'm not well versed in the PUNISHER. Just a fanboy.

Spoiler

The fight between the PUNISHER and Carson Wolf at the end of the episode was stupid long. It didn't work for me. They needed to show the punisher struggling more due to his hurt leg to make the fight that long. the scene didn't work for me. It was like the put it in to kill time or stretch out time.  It just was too long of a fight. Wolf should have been put down sooner or he needed to discover the PUNISHERS hurt leg and use it to his advantage.  But this is me nitpicking. Out of four episodes watched so far, this being the only issue I have is a good thing.

3 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

Punisher #218.  Gotta catch em all!

24115327_10159557809655133_589813267_o.j

You going to get the textless regular cover also? — gotta catch em all!! (thumbsu

59B93A56-E4D4-45D5-9F84-A8DD041C4561.jpeg

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

My daughter mentioned that she was watching the Punisher Netflix and really liked it. Is there a "graphic novel" collection available with AS #129 (origin story) and a collection of the early issues collected? Might be a cool Christmas present.

Marvel just released an omnibus called Punisher Back to War. It's Amazing 129 to Punisher mini. 

I’m about 4 episodes in and it’s starting to slow down ( which means it will get crazy soon I’m sure ) a lot of microchip backstory and “wife” digs - not sure how I feel about Billy Russo and the Anvil Merc company , but I’m driving on. I must say I truly love all the comic book references “ Gnucci crime family “ up to the perp he put through the pinball machine like the action figure ...

I enjoyed it.  They have the numbering in the back.  Anyone know why they are not including Ennis Marvel Knights run?  They have Welcome Back Frank but not MK.  I know MAX should not be there, but MK was firmly in MU.  Yet Angel Punisher made the cut lol

20988175_10155129879029825_4725453452114

Edited by StingerMcK

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, StingerMcK said:

I enjoyed it.  They have the numbering in the back.  Anyone know why they are not including Ennis Marvel Knights run?  They have Welcome Back Frank but not MK.  I know MAX should not be there, but MK was firmly in MU.  Yet Angel Punisher made the cut lol

20988175_10155129879029825_4725453452114

Yeah, I don't know why they left that series out either... hm(shrug)

Edited by nepatkm