• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

The Untold Tales of Punisher Max 1-5

Yeah...The stories inside were very predictable, with the Punisher playing background roles in them... But The Covers are 90% Amazing, to me the biggest flaw was on issue #1 with the girl on the hood of the car. More detail there, and this series of covers would have been at classic level..

----- Issue #4 is my favorite cover, anybody else like these?

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #01.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #02.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #03.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #04.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #05.jpg

Edited by nepatkm

And since I have some time tonight, and this is The Punisher Appreciation Thread, lets throw some love out to Clayton Crain for his Amazing work on the covers of the Legacy (War Machine) Series. ( Reading wise I enjoyed, however was left unsatisfied with the ending.) Covers were Extremely Nice!

Punisher (2018 Legacy) #218.jpg

Punisher (2018 Legacy) #219.jpg

Punisher (2018 Legacy) #220.jpg

Edited by nepatkm
War Machine

2 hours ago, nepatkm said:

The Untold Tales of Punisher Max 1-5

Yeah...The stories inside were very predictable, with the Punisher playing background roles in them... But The Covers are 90% Amazing, to me the biggest flaw was on issue #1 with the girl on the hood of the car. More detail there, and this series of covers would have been at classic level..

----- Issue #4 is my favorite cover, anybody else like these?

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #01.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #02.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #03.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #04.jpg

Punisher Max-Untold Tales of #05.jpg

#4 had the best cover.

Just won this.  I was gonna wait for a 9.8 to come up for sale but being the highest graded copy of the six issues signed by Zeck I couldn’t resist.  I think I’m gonna do this for all the 1:500 issues that are Zeck comp copies.  Also the final price was only $35 more than the cheapest raw copy I’ve seen sold.  I am on the fence about getting the rest of the Zeck 1:100 copies the prices are a little too high for me.

87DFB5A8-DD94-471A-9A8F-FC811C887587.jpeg

7 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Just won this.  I was gonna wait for a 9.8 to come up for sale but being the highest graded copy of the six issues signed by Zeck I couldn’t resist.  I think I’m gonna do this for all the 1:500 issues that are Zeck comp copies.  Also the final price was only $35 more than the cheapest raw copy I’ve seen sold.  I am on the fence about getting the rest of the Zeck 1:100 copies the prices are a little too high for me.

Nice pickup. :applause:

8 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Looks better than a 9.2 

Congrats :golfclap:

12 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

Thank you!  Once I get eyes on I wanna see what makes it a 9.2.  Maybe Some spine ticks I can’t see in the scan.  Regardless it was best copy of the six he signed.  I love the sketch.

You may have captured a fingerprint from Zeck while he was sketching on that Black Cover...:D

Yeah the ink they used for the cover and the Paper Stock really did not accommodate the amount of time Mike used to do those remarks. So out of the ink just came off and so you have some permanent Mike Zeck fingerprints on the cover which makes it even more unique. Will be listing the following issues the next few weeks which are 9.0 and 8.5