• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

I just bought a Secret Wars 1-12 bundle the other week which I finished reading a few nights ago and geez that was tough to make it through.  Maybe if I would have read one issue a month over the span of a year as originally intended it would have been more bearable.  I enjoyed the Zeck artwork but I can safely say I am never reading that again.

On the other hand, I have also got a few older PWJ's and regular series issues to complete my runs and I must say that those were very readable and very plausible as far as comics go.  In particular I liked the Bushwacker story from PWJ 12 and 13 and I love the regular series issues 8, 9, and 10 (I also like DD 257 as well.).  There was a lot of nostalgia involved for me in those issues and I am happy to say that, at least to me, those stories have aged very well.  The next thing I am going to buy is that Marvel Premiere 2 where it has the origin of the Punisher in it.  I am really wanting to read that one.  Is there anyone who can vouch for it being good or not?

I believe you mean Marvel Preview #2 --I'm biased, but yes a must have for Punisher collections.  The artwork and wording appears a little dated nowadays, (like older James Bond movies)...but still Classic. (thumbsu

IMG_3796.JPG

IMG_3797.JPG

13 hours ago, Von Cichlid said:

I just bought a Secret Wars 1-12 bundle the other week which I finished reading a few nights ago and geez that was tough to make it through.  Maybe if I would have read one issue a month over the span of a year as originally intended it would have been more bearable.  I enjoyed the Zeck artwork but I can safely say I am never reading that again.

On the other hand, I have also got a few older PWJ's and regular series issues to complete my runs and I must say that those were very readable and very plausible as far as comics go.  In particular I liked the Bushwacker story from PWJ 12 and 13 and I love the regular series issues 8, 9, and 10 (I also like DD 257 as well.).  There was a lot of nostalgia involved for me in those issues and I am happy to say that, at least to me, those stories have aged very well.  The next thing I am going to buy is that Marvel Premiere 2 where it has the origin of the Punisher in it.  I am really wanting to read that one.  Is there anyone who can vouch for it being good or not?

Marvel Preview 2.......

Marvel Preview 2.jpg

Well since I'm looking at some of my sketch covers I thought I'd share one of my favorites from Bill and Linda Reinhold also :bigsmile:

Bill Reinhold.jpg

Edited by nepatkm
picture

7 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Just picked up 9.8 copies of Marvel Super Action, Savage Action #1 and the Opena variant both US and French.  Can't wait to get them!  Now to upgrade my ASM 129 9.0 wp to a 9.6 wp.

Awesome! I look forward to seeing them. Best of luck on the 9.6 upgrade. I think 9.6 at the current price is a solid investment.