• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I'm sad to see this thread dying down with the show coming out in just a couple of days!

I did some Punisher preperation on the comic wall with some of my graded books.

IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_6516.JPG

Great display!!:applause:

I'm just hoping the show doesn't stray to far from Franks original origin storyline. A little disappointed with the trailers direction, but still ready for the show. Hope it turns out great......Can't wait :popcorn:

2 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I'm just hoping the show doesn't stray to far from Franks original origin storyline. A little disappointed with the trailers direction, but still ready for the show. Hope it turns out great......Can't wait :popcorn:

Thanks! I'm not a fan either of the whole government conspiracy part of it, but I guess they just want to put their own twist. Hopefully it turns out good :wishluck: .... :popcorn:

Now do I stay up late tonight to watch...(shrug)

I've been working on collecting the first regular series (1987) in CGC 9.8 for over 10 years now.... I thought it would be a lot easier :tonofbricks:

I still have 16 more copies to get in CGC 9.8....However here's a group of where I'm at with this set. (Although I do have multiple raw copies of each issue in this series, I faithfully picked up every issue of this series as they came out :) )

working last phase 3.jpg

Edited by nepatkm
additions

11 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I've been working on collecting the first regular series (1987) in CGC 9.8 for over 10 years now.... I thought it would be a lot easier :tonofbricks:

I still have 16 more copies to get in CGC 9.8....However here's a group of where I'm at with this set. (Although I do have multiple raw copies of each issue in this series, I faithfully picked up every copy of this series when they came out :) )

working last phase 3.jpg

:smile::golfclap: That's one beautiful set! I haven't been at it as long as you have as far as a graded set. I keep getting distracted with other graded books or cgc grading of other key books I find. I do have a multiple copies of a complete raw set I've put together and was one of my favorite books to read growing up. I was really proud finishing this series and war journal raw the other year.

16 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

:smile::golfclap: That's one beautiful set! I haven't been at it as long as you have as far as a graded set. I keep getting distracted with other graded books or cgc grading of other key books I find. I do have a multiple copies of a complete raw set I've put together and was one of my favorite books to read growing up. I was really proud finishing this series and war journal raw the other year.

Yeah, picked up every issue of the limited, this series, war journal and war zone, along with the armory series as they came out back in the day. lol  special place in my heart for all of those series. :luhv:

42 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I still have 16 more copies to get in CGC 9.8....However here's a group of where I'm at with this set. (Although I do have multiple raw copies of each issue in this series, I faithfully picked up every issue of this series as they came out :) )

working last phase 3.jpg

That is an impressive collection - kudos !!!

1 hour ago, nepatkm said:

That is a solid mix of graded awesomeness - issue 6 - the Mignola toxic waste cover is one of my all time favorite comic book covers 

7 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

That is a solid mix of graded awesomeness - issue 6 - the Mignola toxic waste cover is one of my all time favorite comic book covers 

Yes, #6 mignola cover is definitely underrated. Awesome classic cover ??

Edited by nepatkm
Additions

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks! I'm not a fan either of the whole government conspiracy part of it, but I guess they just want to put their own twist. Hopefully it turns out good :wishluck: .... :popcorn:

Now do I stay up late tonight to watch...(shrug)

I concur - the original punisher storyline has always been fantastic - although I enjoyed a piece of each movie from the Lundgren 89 one (appearance - but where is the skull ?!) I’ll get to the fillers eventually ....The current one seems the most promising - depending on how much becomes a government “ cover up “ - 

8 hours ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

@nepatkm @STORMSHADOW_80 Punisher #102 CGC 9.8!!!

Yeah fantastic cover... I remember my LCS at the time only ordered 2 copies of this issue, 1 was pulled for me, and one for the shelf ( punisher title was not in high demand, and ready to be canceled soon. ) I purchased both, loved the Frank Teran covers, followed by Jae Lee. They grabbed back some interest, but too late for the title. :( 

Similar to the Moon Knight series ending with Platt. ( which I also was fascinated with and buying multiple copies. ?? )

Edited by nepatkm
Edit