• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

Getting ready to binge again, starting episode 9 up soon. Very much Liking this series. (thumbsu

btw ...Anyone else think of this in episode 5 ? (Gym fight scene) lol

Spoiler

1F7B800F-A670-401F-8774-8D48162CB25C.jpeg.b6157aeacde8bb0d5d37281a4d5da18e.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Spoiler

1 hour ago, creaturefan95 said:

Huh, guess this was never shared here after I got it two summers ago at my favorite store:

59879ff198a8a_MarvelPreview2.thumb.jpg.6211bda6b3cffb6a0cc76428324dea71.jpg

Awesome, very underrated key issue (Magazine) for The Punisher, Origin...

5F110E52-6EE2-4F8A-8D6F-8C88349EA4B2.jpeg

9B3A98AA-9954-4EFC-8CF5-FA09BB9BA77A.jpeg

F781F7C1-8A10-4A83-846A-A275597C0E0B.jpeg

49C76308-4000-442A-B99B-1F396445DE70.jpeg

Edited by nepatkm
Photos

15 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Awesome, very underrated key issue (Magazine) for The Punisher, Origin...

5F110E52-6EE2-4F8A-8D6F-8C88349EA4B2.jpeg

9B3A98AA-9954-4EFC-8CF5-FA09BB9BA77A.jpeg

F781F7C1-8A10-4A83-846A-A275597C0E0B.jpeg

49C76308-4000-442A-B99B-1F396445DE70.jpeg

That was cool to see. I’d always known about it but never actually saw it like that. Poor punisher :( 

and I think it’s underrated because of the magazine format. Otherwise it should’ve been worth more at this point. 

17 minutes ago, jason4 said:

That was cool to see. I’d always known about it but never actually saw it like that. Poor punisher :( 

and I think it’s underrated because of the magazine format. Otherwise it should’ve been worth more at this point. 

Along with the 1st Origin of The Punisher, this issue also contains the 1st appearance of Dominic Fortune. So If that character ever becomes something,  An added bonus. 👍

Edited by nepatkm

11 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Along with the 1st Origin of The Punisher, this issue also contains the 1st appearance of Dominic Fortune. So If that character ever becomes something,  An added bonus. 👍

Marvel Preview #2 also established Frank Castle as a Vietnam veteran, right?

1 hour ago, creaturefan95 said:

Marvel Preview #2 also established Frank Castle as a Vietnam veteran, right?

Yes, I believe that you’re right!

Unfortunately this time (date) stamp, has been the ultimate downfall of the character in terms of aging. Which has resulted in the many attempts to revitalize or reimagine The Punisher. 

Edited by nepatkm

12 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Yes, I believe that you’re right!

Unfortunately this time (date) stamp, has been the ultimate downfall of the character in terms of aging. Which has resulted in the many attempts to revitalize or reimagine The Punisher. 

That’s possible but look at Nick Fury and Cap.  Both of them are WW2 creations.

On 2/12/2019 at 8:16 AM, Parabellum said:

That’s possible but look at Nick Fury and Cap.  Both of them are WW2 creations.

Yes, both have been around since WW2, and we know Cap had a Super-Soldier injection to become who he is, also slowed aging maybe, along with being frozen for awhile. 

Nick Fury also received an injection of “Infinity Formula” in a less known tale from Marvel Spotlight #31, and even if that story were nonexistent He is high up in command nowadays. Not involved hands on in the missions so much as the direction. 

From Marvel Spotlight 31

D49AF9B4-B962-43FE-8A17-55C00BF5B7C3.thumb.jpeg.20c16b9657c9253ad4b668e1f442811e.jpeg13283878-E16D-4E36-92BE-E23C2A6A5726.thumb.jpeg.03458b682993d7b66b0c72e7d4ef1f24.jpeg

Frank has been hands on at ground zero for many years, and stories now, always taking bodily harm which resulted in the Purgatory, and the Frankencastle storylines (to name a couple...) in attempts to keep his youth. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by nepatkm

I love Punisher,growing up he was my fav superhero. I wish the value of his comics garnered a lot more value and momentum than they did.

I think the problem is it's not a complex character too write, just a vigilante with a gun, tragic manner in which he became a superhero though.

Maybe if his family had been killed by a group of scientists from asgard that had a bunch of radioactive spiders from space that if they bit you you would shoot spiderwebs, your arms would stretch and instead of rescuing his family he hunted these scientists down in their lab got shot by gamma Ray's and when he woke up his skin was green.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I love Punisher,growing up he was my fav superhero. I wish the value of his comics garnered a lot more value and momentum than they did.

I think the problem is it's not a complex character too write, just a vigilante with a gun, tragic manner in which he became a superhero though.

Maybe if his family had been killed by a group of scientists from asgard that had a bunch of radioactive spiders from space that if they bit you you would shoot spiderwebs, your arms would stretch and instead of rescuing his family he hunted these scientists down in their lab got shot by gamma Ray's and when he woke up his skin was green.

On his way out of the lab he bypassed the lab coat and noticed two suits one that would cause your body to shrink too the size of an ant or the other an indestructible metal trashcan that a drug fuelled rock band would find interest in. He decided on the brass knuckles with cubic zirconia instead and began punching people with it until they told him where his daughter was. Or maybe he told these group of evil scientists he had a certain set of skills that made him a nightmare for guys like them and when he found the lab he had a copy of new world translation of the holy scriptures and it turned out his family actually didn't get killed they had pulled the same move as that girl from king of queens and got there azz away from a gun toting jehovah's witness that eventually found himself driving a motor cycle in flames in space.

13 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

On his way out of the lab he bypassed the lab coat and noticed two suits one that would cause your body to shrink too the size of an ant or the other an indestructible metal trashcan that a drug fuelled rock band would find interest in. He decided on the brass knuckles with cubic zirconia instead and began punching people with it until they told him where his daughter was. Or maybe he told these group of evil scientists he had a certain set of skills that made him a nightmare for guys like them and when he found the lab he had a copy of new world translation of the holy scriptures and it turned out his family actually didn't get killed they had pulled the same move as that girl from king of queens and got there azz away from a gun toting jehovah's witness that eventually found himself driving a motor cycle in flames in space.

Definitely need what you’ve been smoking to fully comprehend this plot @Hollywood1892 🤣 

E09A33A7-6627-4A7A-8CD6-2A718E93F464.gif