• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I guess with the trench coat the costume doesn't look so bad

Definately, trench coat hides flaws.  I think it's the drawn on bullet holes that throw the costume off in those set photos. 2c

image.jpeg

35 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I figured I'd post my Jae Lee Punisher sketch cover. Look familiar? (shrug)

I see what your saying lol 

Just curious, but when did you get that graded? I know that it is an all white cover but newton rings shouldn't be that bad....:shy:

Anyway Sweet book ;) 

I had a chance at Fan Expo Dallas and missed it :( $60 for a head sketch wouldn't of been that bad had I thought about it when I got his auto the first day of the con. lol I didn't think to ask, so I tried on Sunday haha was worth a shot....

37 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I see what your saying lol 

Just curious, but when did you get that graded? I know that it is an all white cover but newton rings shouldn't be that bad....:shy:

Yeah, the Newton rings are frustrating, especially considering the Money spent to get this done.  :p

It was subbed in the beginning of the new slab era Last May. 

It's still a nice book :) 

I had problems with newton's on moderns that got reslabbed and look decent, since then I've had absolutely no problems lately with non-moderns. I'll get some moderns back in a while from being SS'd :wishluck: but none of them where as all white as that.

You should be brave and reholder for us to be our hero!!! :nyah:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

OK... So confession time :shy:

I have not read a Marvel comic since they started the "New Marvel Universe", and ended the old one in 2016. I just did not have the desire to continue for many different reasons, but mostly I hated all the restarts, and honestly disappointed that that universe was ending. However, I did pick up one title The Punisher, not to read, but to have it, and put away in my collection. This was done mostly in habit... Something I have been doing regularly with Punisher titles since 1987, starting with the 1st issue of his own unlimited series :cloud9: 

:gossip: Sidenote: Amazing Spider-Man #129 was the 1st comic that I ever pulled off a spinner rack, and purchased as a kid. :)

----Anyway that leads me to picking up the Punisher- On the Road TPB to read,

Surprise!! There's a big change (again) to Frank Castle,  I'm good with changes to the Punisher character, as I realize his age, and the fact he is just a "normal" character with no immortal or superhuman powers, he will age and eventually die, and will/would be replaced.

The story is good, the characters are good, and I like them,  I am definately looking forward to the next TPB.

--- Here's the However.. I wish they would have given the character playing The Punisher a different name, I still like the character, It's just kind of a big deal to change someone that much o.O ,to  just disregard the name and past of the character that had previously been named Frank Castle for over 42 years is very disappointing, especially for someone who has followed for that long.....I guess I just wish Marvel would have let Frank Castle keep his legacy, and be remembered for who he was. :sorry:

Punisher on the road tpbf.jpg

Edited by nepatkm

7 hours ago, CAHokie said:

Not after the first few issues. I haven't missed an issue of the Punisher since I picked up my first issue as a kid (Vol 1 issue 21) but I refuse to support this unexplained, unnecessary change.  

I know how you feel.... I believe Marvel should have changed the characters name if they wanted to go in that direction. Leaving the new characters name as Frank Castle is disrespectful to the fanbase, also the original characters race, history, and background.  :sorry:

I like the story so far otherwise. ( only read the TPB, collects 1-6) still hoping for some explanations for the big change though. (shrug)