• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

Who here likes the old CGC labels?  I absolutely refuse to reholder those books.  They ain't pretty but I like having the different era of CGC labels in my collection.  Surprising considering my OCD, hahaha.

The ones I've seen though are priced because they have the old label hahaha a little bit more expensive sometimes... But yeah gets me right in the jollies 

I also see threads about people new to buying cgc graded comics that ask, "what is this case, it doesn't look right, it looks tampered with..." And I always think if I buy an old case then I would have trouble selling...

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The ones I've seen though are priced because they have the old label hahaha a little bit more expensive sometimes... But yeah gets me right in the jollies 

I also see threads about people new to buying cgc graded comics that ask, "what is this case, it doesn't look right, it looks tampered with..." And I always think if I buy an old case then I would have trouble selling...

Hahahahaha!  The jollies, hahahahhaa!  

I perosnally don't think they are more valuable.  CGC is CGC in my opinion but maybe I'm wrong.  I feel rehildering it would be like erasing part of history.  Like modernizing a historic building.

Edited by Parabellum

Here's a recent purchase.  Definitely one of my favorite covers.  Franks's assortment of weapons is like punisher Armory 1-10 on one cover, Hahahaha.

FN FAL

Ingram MAC 10

several Desert Eagles

M4A1 carbine with PEQ-2 laser aiming device

L85A1

IMI UZI

HK MK23 SOCOM

M26 fragmentation grenades

beretta 93R

several Beretta 92FS's

Colt .44 Mag or Colt Python

Benelli M1 shotgun

Mossberg 500

SIG 226

Browning High Power

IMG_6936.JPG

Edited by Parabellum

Hands down my favorite Punisher story besides "Circle of Blood".  I had this trade as a kid and my brother and I wore it out.  I still have it of course but felt the need to have a graded copy for display.  Great Jim Lee cover! Wish I could find/afford the OA for this.

IMG_7010.JPG

17 hours ago, nepatkm said:

My Punisher cover post for the week...

Punisher War Journal #19.JPG

these old Jim Lee's are super underrated.  Except for the Spidey/Pun one, which I think is surprisingly one of Jim Lee's worst covers.

14 hours ago, Parabellum said:

I know I'm a little late on this but I just finished up the 2011 Greg Rucka series.  I loved it!  Definitly better than the current series.  What are your guys thoughts ?

my thought is that I don't like the current series, although nothing is worse than frankencastle

On 8/29/2017 at 0:36 PM, revat said:

my thought is that I don't like the current series, although nothing is worse than frankencastle

I understand the feelings on the current series, but I have to admit I'm looking very much forward to the new creative team taking over soon, and Frank obtaining the War Machine armor soon, very soon!!! :headbang:

IMG_4615.JPG

3 hours ago, nepatkm said:

I understand the feelings on the current series, but I have to admit I'm looking very much forward to the new creative team taking over soon, and Frank obtaining the War Machine armor soon, very soon!!! :headbang:

IMG_4615.JPG

Me too! I dropped the current series at issue 10...first few issues were cool then it got pretty blah. The covers are very unimpressive. Hopefully this new series will satisfy my Punisher needs. 

23 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Me too! I dropped the current series at issue 10...first few issues were cool then it got pretty blah. The covers are very unimpressive. Hopefully this new series will satisfy my Punisher needs. 

Exactly!!!!! 

:tink:

So how did frank get unfrankencastled? I always thought it was pretty badas... When Daken chopped him up in the list,hard to believe I was rooting for daken to kill frank but... Did marvel make all that unhappen?

Keep up the great covers guys.its helped me expand my punisher collection...war journal 75...still waiting for a 102 to slip thru cheap.

56 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Let's see some Bradstreet goodness. 
The Bradstreet-Ennis run is so great. 

Barracuda is good times too. 

Patrick

Always thought this was a pretty cool Bradstreet cover. 

IMG_4632.JPG

I think I've posted this Bradstreet sketch cover before in this thread, but I like it so... here it is again. 

IMG_1623.JPG

Edited by nepatkm
Added sketch also