• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUNISHER appreciation thread
4 4

1,058 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, cortown71 said:

So how did frank get unfrankencastled? I always thought it was pretty badas... When Daken chopped him up in the list,hard to believe I was rooting for daken to kill frank but... Did marvel make all that unhappen?

Keep up the great covers guys.its helped me expand my punisher collection...war journal 75...still waiting for a 102 to slip thru cheap.

The Bloodstone, Wolverine plunged it into Frankencastles chest, Franky then went to Monster Island to regenerate back to his human form.  Some time later--Presto he's back to the Punisher we know, and missed.... :$

Edited by nepatkm

On 8/11/2017 at 9:32 AM, revat said:

nothing fancy, but I'm gonna get the Bill S. sig on this at a con next month.  Pretty excited about.

IMG_8434.jpg

Just Added Bill S

IMG_8875.jpg

8 hours ago, Rune said:

Bought this original art cover some time ago, each day I seem to like it more and more - Teran really did a great job:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1297861

The published book:

lXaRqKXi_2602161444471.jpg

I'm still looking for a CGC 9.8 book (hi Nepatkm :baiting: :grin:)

Yeah you have a great piece there!! :cloud9: Love all the Teran covers myself. 

( I'm still keeping an eye out for you. Thought your raw copy might have been able to make the grade? ) 

6 hours ago, nepatkm said:

Yeah you have a great piece there!! :cloud9: Love all the Teran covers myself. 

( I'm still keeping an eye out for you. Thought your raw copy might have been able to make the grade? ) 

That was an interesting idea - as part of the Mag award I can get 4 books graded by CGC for free this year - I'll check my raw copy (thumbsu

Still getting a 9.8 seems like a gamble hm I can't help hearing Clint in my mind :grin:

Spoiler

feeling-lucky.png

Is there any interest within the group about knowing what firearms the punisher is weilding on his front covers?  If so I don't mind writing up a brief tortorial.  Understanding that sometimes an artists rendition of a weapon might not always be accurate and there might not be any absolutes.   I will say Tim Bradstreet does an excellent job.

2 hours ago, Parabellum said:

Is there any interest within the group about knowing what firearms the punisher is weilding on his front covers?  If so I don't mind writing up a brief tortorial.  Understanding that sometimes an artists rendition of a weapon might not always be accurate and there might not be any absolutes.   I will say Tim Bradstreet does an excellent job.

I heard him chatting with someone about it at a con once.  I think he was talking about gun art consistency within a given comic and across comics, especially from different angles.  Because unlike with 'fake guns' like what someone like Cable might carry, Punisher carries ostensibly real guns a lot of the time, and there are many fans who take guns VERY SERIOUSLY and with rise of social media he was getting A LOT of comments on accuracy and consistency by people who take guns VERY seriously.  And he already thought he took it very seriously.

Edited by revat

10 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

I am one of those fans, hahahaha.

I think one of the comments he got most commonly was about gun size (as opposed to accuracy of drawing detail).  Like the size of the gun relative to the size of the punisher (or other characters).  Because a lot of guns, especially hand guns and even sometimes bigger guns/rifles can actually look RELATIVELY small when big guy is holding it.  But in the comics, Frank is drawn to look big and muscular, but often the size of the gun is exaggerated to look bigger as well.  But if you had a guy who was 6'4, 250 lbs of muscle pick up your average 9mm, it looks pretty small.  So a gun aficionado might recognize the gun, but cringe about how the gun size doesn't meat real life proportions relative to the Frank's size. 

I think this is similar to some people's comments on unrealistic sizes or poses of anatomy on some comic characters, but with guns. 

I can see that but the accuracy of his guns is on point.  Up until Bradstreet pretty much only Mike Zech and Jim Lee had accurate representations of the Punisher's guns (except whoever drew Punisher Armory, there are some description discrepancies in that series).  It was noticeable to me even at a young age.  For example; in the Punisher Counrdown run he at one point is running around with a Colt SMG affixed with a DEA upper receiver.  Instead of the standard stick magazine he has a belt of 5.56 rounds coming out of the magazine well; completely ridiculous, wrong caliber, wrong feeding method.