• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Invasion Sketch Covers Megathread

1,531 posts in this topic

Reposted from Fallen Son-

Ha! am I first? Here is my first "Skrull". I did one this afternoon to test the book.out. I have to say that Marvel really disappointed me with the finish on these. While its a decent weight card stock, the gloss finish is horrible to work on. The Caps had a bit of issues but these seem as bad as the Red Sonja in terms of finish. As you can see a bit it really shows EVERY stroke of the marker instead of blending colors they lift each other. Not as fun as I hoped but hey, Skrulls are fun to draw.-

55885-SkrullEleksample.jpg.fa702afe721bfa0198fb147064a18f65.jpg

The copies at the LCS were a mess. Out of a stack of 50, there might have been 4 that didn't have significant blemishes on the black.

How are you taking requests, Mark? Do you have a stock of books or do we have to send you one?

For right now I have a couple dozen blank ones I just picked up. When I do comic cons I will maybe take a blank one or two with me but usually I will do the con sketches on the fan supplied books at the show. I just made a big stencil the size of the drawing area on these to cover everything but that area and I put a couple of thin coats of a matte spray fixative over it and it seems to draw better.

A retailer friend notified me that Diamond is telling them that the wrong cover stock was used and that they will be offering replacement copies with the correct paper stock asap.

doh!:mad: How are they going to replace the 50 issues I have already purchased????? :frustrated:(shrug)

A retailer friend notified me that Diamond is telling them that the wrong cover stock was used and that they will be offering replacement copies with the correct paper stock asap.

doh!:mad: How are they going to replace the 50 issues I have already purchased????? :frustrated:(shrug)

I guess you should contact your LCS, and get them to get Diamond to replace them.

I guess you should contact your LCS, and get them to get Diamond to replace them.

Exactly.