• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skrull variants...

81 posts in this topic

I read there would be certain new comics released with random skrull variants. So I go and check Ebay and people are already trying to get 10.00 for these. Any clue on the actual rarity ? I unfortunately collect as a completeist, so I will be scouring comic shops for months....

And if anybody ever happens to have the New Avengers 27 "mighty Avengers " Variant. let me know if you want to sell.

I don't know about the print runs on any of these. But, when I got my monthly mail order box of new issues, they gave me the Skrull-y variant of Capt. Marvel mini #4. Hadn't requested it, and didn't know it was even available. :shrug:

There will be Secret Variants on several April and May titles, similar to the Captain Marvel #4 Secret Variant. These variants can not be ordered and will be shipped along with the regular cover. The ratios that the variants will be collated into the regular covers at will not be announced and the covers will not be shown before the on-sale date. The titles receiving these variants are:

NEW EXILES #4 (FEB082274, $2.99, On-Sale - 4/2/2008)

YOUNG X-MEN #1 (FEB082264, $2.99, On-Sale - 4/2/2008)

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #19 (FEB082211, $2.99, On-Sale - 4/9/2008)

GHOST RIDER #22 (FEB082225, $2.99,On-Sale - 4/16/2008)

UNCANNY X-MEN #497 (FEB082261, $2.99, FOC - 4/3/2008)

BLACK PANTHER 36 (FEB082217, $2.99, FOC - 4/10/2008)

CABLE #3 (MAR082229, $2.99, FOC - 4/17/2008)

On a visit to Diamond ** (cant say where) last year, our shop asked if we could pick up a Wolverine Origins #2 for a customer who had missed the issue. After a quick check we were told NO they were out of stock :-)

We were then told to scope the comics they had and to request issues we wanted (at a discount), (we looked thru aprox 1000 longboxes).

When we found a long box FULL of Wolverine Origins # 2 - 1 :100 Canadian flag variant. we were told we couldn't have 1 ! as they were to go back to Marvel if they werent sold at a 1:100 ratio.

We ordered 10 anyway and recieved them with our next delivery.

Variants are wildly_fanciful_statement guys, don't believe the hype.

The only worthwhile comics we saw on our visit to Diamond ** were the variants and there were multiple longboxes full of all of them !!

We were also offered House of M convention 1 variant at 12C / 6Pence !!

and the House of M 1 thru 8 variant set at £2.30 / $4.60

All the recent Zombie variant covers are now available on the Diamond Liquidation list !! (aprox 20C / 10Pence each)

I read there would be certain new comics released with random skrull variants. So I go and check Ebay and people are already trying to get 10.00 for these. Any clue on the actual rarity ? I unfortunately collect as a completeist, so I will be scouring comic shops for months....

And if anybody ever happens to have the New Avengers 27 "mighty Avengers " Variant. let me know if you want to sell.

they are about 1 in 10 copies. Atleast thats how they were for us.

NEW EXILES #4 (FEB082274, $2.99, On-Sale - 4/2/2008)

YOUNG X-MEN #1 (FEB082264, $2.99, On-Sale - 4/2/2008)

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #19 (FEB082211, $2.99, On-Sale - 4/9/2008)

GHOST RIDER #22 (FEB082225, $2.99,On-Sale - 4/16/2008)

UNCANNY X-MEN #497 (FEB082261, $2.99, FOC - 4/3/2008)

BLACK PANTHER 36 (FEB082217, $2.99, FOC - 4/10/2008)

CABLE #3 (MAR082229, $2.99, FOC - 4/17/2008)

Thanks again for posting this list, Stromm :applause:

Went back to my LCS today, on the way home, and perused the shelves for any others. They didn't have any Skrull-y Young X-men covers, but I did find a copy of New Exiles #4 in the back of the pile. Here it is:

New-Exiles4.jpg

Like the Capt. Marvel, it's identical to the normal cover, except for the green tint of the character's skin.

So which one is the variant for Amazing Spider-Girl 19 (or should I say 17)?

My LCS had about 20 green Arana copies of 19 and one flesh-colored Arana (actually, both the logo and Arana were different colors... so not so hidden as the others).

And... the flesh-colored version was labelled "17"... tho otherwise it was the same cover!

(shrug)

So which one is the variant for Amazing Spider-Girl 19 (or should I say 17)?

My LCS had about 20 green Arana copies of 19 and one flesh-colored Arana (actually, both the logo and Arana were different colors... so not so hidden as the others).

And... the flesh-colored version was labelled "17"... tho otherwise it was the same cover!

(shrug)

The Cover to AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #19 (FEB082211, On Sale 4/9/08) was inadvertently printed with the issue # as 17 and not 19. The indicia inside the book does correctly list the issue # as 19. The Secret Skrully Variant Cover does correctly have issue 19 on its cover.

That's odd --- at my LCS today, they had about 15 copies altogether. Only 2 were the green Skrull-y covers. Here's mine:

ASG-19.jpg

I didn't notice that the "non-Skrull" covers were printed with #17 on the cover . . . :shrug:

I didn't notice that the "non-Skrull" covers were printed with #17 on the cover . . . :shrug:

If you happen to check back and the regular covers are "19", I'd like a copy please! :gossip:

Do you mean regular, non-green skin covers that are correctly marked #19? I would definitely grab one for you if my LCS has one . . . but, I don't think they exist. Sounds like they were all mistakenly marked #17. They must've caught this error and changed to show #19 before they ran the Skrull variant copies. We shall see . . .