• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie cover price variants! 15 centers exist 1962-1963
7 7

198 posts in this topic

Has a Josie 1 turned up?
Not according to the list bill999 posted earlier. Still a few February '63 issues unconfirmed.

3rd appearance of Josie. Pep #161(March 1963) a 15 cent price variant that recently surfaced. It has a cool classic DRIVE-IN MOVIE cover.

Image0036_zpsowxv62j2.jpg

Hello! Long time Archie collector, and registered today just to post my find. I have very few 15 cent variants, maybe five. But I found three more today at a flea market for five bucks each, including one that doesn't appear to be asterisked on the master list: Archie #133 (unfortunately with a coupon clipped out of the back cover). The others were Archie 126 and Archie's Mad House 21.

p><p> Archie

Image0060_zpslsluhk02.jpg

Quick question... Just started on this website and found it after discovering an Archie #133 15cent issue. I was wondering if these are very valuable? Are they just so unknown that they slipped through the cracks? I noticed that mycomicshop verifies the Archie's Mad House variants, but not the regular Archies??

157517.jpg.ed16e1a590fd1ed291d8348882decd46.jpg

Edited by cheezhead47

With the exception of the big books, Madhouse 22 and Josie 1, and to a lesser extent the monster and sci fi covers, they're not particularly valuable. However, in the context of Archie books from this era, they are certainly more valuable than the 12 cent versions. In general $20 to $30 for mid grade issues is about right.

Archies Joke Book Magazine #62 June 62

Guess you can record it as having two found so far, since the first seller said it was the only one in existance....from a recent local find and it was the only 15 cent variant out of 15 different similar era archies

163532.jpg.fd2febc19c86e3f4c5c880bedcc0dce0.jpg