• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moon Knight Rules!!!!
1 1

599 posts in this topic

So just got an offer of $1050 cdn on a wwbn 32 cgc 9.0. Wonder how much more this book will go up.

You can get more than that in USD.

That was the offer from a reseller though. They not going to pay full price and saves me the work of selling it myself. From my latest checks they are selling roughly $1200usd on ebay and I know mine would do well since has perfect centering. I have been pondering selling off my whole Moon Knight collection which includes 33 , 37 and 30cent variants marvel spotlights which I have multiples. Just want to time it right since I don't think these books are done going up.

Edited by Whisp

So its done. Sold my entire Moon Knight collection. Books in there included wwbn 32 cgc 9.0, wwbn 33 cgc 9.2 and wwbn 37 cgc 9.0 double cover. Also to note where the CGC 8.5 30cent variant spotlight 28 and cgc 7.0 30 cent variant spotlight 29. Also was a raw copy around the same grade of the 30 cent variant of spotlight 29. had everything up to 2010 in the Moon Knight title complete. Up to 2010 only missing 47 appearances. Anyways all sold and sold to Andrew (thirdgreenham). Good luck on your Moon Knight collecting guys.

So its done. Sold my entire Moon Knight collection. Books in there included wwbn 32 cgc 9.0, wwbn 33 cgc 9.2 and wwbn 37 cgc 9.0 double cover. Also to note where the CGC 8.5 30cent variant spotlight 28 and cgc 7.0 30 cent variant spotlight 29. Also was a raw copy around the same grade of the 30 cent variant of spotlight 29. had everything up to 2010 in the Moon Knight title complete. Up to 2010 only missing 47 appearances. Anyways all sold and sold to Andrew (thirdgreenham). Good luck on your Moon Knight collecting guys.

Moonknightham.......Way to go Andy. :headbang:

:(

wow! How aprpo. I'm reading the whole 1982 series as we speak. Now nobody get their panties in a twist, I'm on issue 6 and it's fairly pedestrian stuff RIGHT NOW. Now I know BS's art matures as the series progresses and I plan to give a series review when done, but as of now, it's pretty standard stuff.

BTW, I have a Moon Knight #1 CGC 9.6 from back when I first rediscovered the hobby and the magic of slabbing was new to me and had got my goat and I was buying stuff raw and trying my hand at grading and send 'em to CGC to see how I done. I believe I paid $25.00 for the raw MK #1 and had correctly determined it was a 9.6. So it cost, I dunno, $25.00 to get slabbed, $15.00 for postage and on and on.

No worries here!! :banana: A Moon Knight movie will be announced soon and my 9.6 will be worth CHA-CHING! :flipbait: and my title as The World's Greatest Comic Book Collector will be most assuredly true and deserved! (worship)

Edited by NoMan

I'm reading the entire 1982 run. On #27 or so.

It started off not so good. Bill S. art was ok, Doug M. writing was ok. I think I've said it before, not sure why they were not already up to speed having stories in WWBN and back up in Hulk magazine, but whatever.

Around the time the book went to 75 cent cover price and comic store only distribution it's really started to get good. Bill s. artwork is really shinning through and you can see him grow as an artist (before he went totally went off the deep-end and was un-lookable so much so it distracts from story - think Electra Epic 8-issue limited series) Doug M stories are really picking up, too in fact so much so when a guest writer & artist step in the whole book just collapses. In previewing upcoming books I see Bill S. splits and no longer does interior art. 

We'll see....

Edited by NoMan

:pullhair:

Bill S's last interior art issue is #30 which I just started. I see a note from editor (Denny O' Neil) in #31 that says the book is going to go bi-monthly and here-in begins the slide in quality. It looks as if Doug M. stops writing for it soon after #30 also.

So the peak for Moon Knight (1981 title) is around #23 - #30. But those Doug M. and Bill S. stories in those issues are something else, especially when Jack Russels's Werewolf By Night shows up in 29 & 30. Because of the quality of the book in this 23 - 30 window you can really see why there is still love for MK today.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:05 PM, NoMan said:

I'm reading the entire 1982 run. On #27 or so.

It started off not so good. Bill S. art was ok, Doug M. writing was ok. I think I've said it before, not sure why they were not already up to speed having stories in WWBN and back up in Hulk magazine, but whatever.

Around the time the book went to 75 cent cover price and comic store only distribution it's really started to get good. Bill s. artwork is really shinning through and you can see him grow as an artist (before he went totally went off the deep-end and was un-lookable so much so it distracts from story - think Electra Epic 8-issue limited series) Doug M stories are really picking up, too in fact so much so when a guest writer & artist step in the whole book just collapses. In previewing upcoming books I see Bill S. splits and no longer does interior art. 

We'll see....

Um, Elektra Assassin was ground breaking and acclaimed. Before that Sienkiewicz was something of an Adams clone. Elektra Assassin is a milestone.

44 minutes ago, JTLarsen said:

Um, Elektra Assassin was ground breaking and acclaimed. Before that Sienkiewicz was something of an Adams clone. Elektra Assassin is a milestone.

Um, It's an opinion re: Bill S. Like what do like better at Baskin Robbins, Chocolate or Cookies and Cream. My opinion is Bill S artwork on Elektra Assassin is a distraction cause it's over the top but in the Miller Daredevil Graphic Novel Bill S rides the razor perfectly. Also I feel Bill S was at his peak on Moon Knight 24 to 30 (or thereabouts)

It's all good. I'm gonna go to this Japanese steakhouse for dinner. It's gonna be rad. 

BTW, who says EA was "ground breaking and acclaimed?" 

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Um, It's an opinion re: Bill S. Like what do like better at Baskin Robbins, Chocolate or Cookies and Cream. My opinion is Bill S artwork on Elektra Assassin is a distraction cause it's over the top but in the Miller Daredevil Graphic Novel Bill S rides the razor perfectly. Also I feel Bill S was at his peak on Moon Knight 24 to 30 (or thereabouts)

It's all good. I'm gonna go to this Japanese steakhouse for dinner. It's gonna be rad. 

BTW, who says EA was "ground breaking and acclaimed?" 

Quick check of Wikipedia refers to its unique style and its Eisner nomination. Ground breaking and acclaimed. I’m sure you can find other examples if you’re still curious.

10 minutes ago, JTLarsen said:

Quick check of Wikipedia refers to its unique style and its Eisner nomination. Ground breaking and acclaimed. I’m sure you can find other examples if you’re still curious.

i guess if it's got Eisner nominations than something must be going on. Maybe. Or maybe there were other reasons it got an Eisner nomination other than quality? EA mini series along w/ Miller's Electra Lives (I think that's the title) 25$ hardcover is what made me finally bail from mainstream comics in the late 80s and take up with the likes of Drawn and Quarterly, Seth, Chester Brown, Fantagraphics w/Dan Clowes and The Silent Invasion comic.

I bought a reading-set of the  EA mini series from a boardie about 6 months ago to give it another try. Maybe I was wrong when I read it when it came out. Doubt it though b/c opening it up and looking at it right this moment, it's just Too. GodD*mn. Busy. It's visual diarrhea. 

I will say this, tho: By the time Bill S started doing all the diarrhea art, it really worked well on the Asassination of John F. Kennedy Trading cards. Just hampered story telling. But what do I know?

Edited by NoMan