• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You gotta love this person's negotiation tactics.

111 posts in this topic

This an e-mail I received through ebay from a potential buyer. The book in question is a CGC 9.6 Captain America #241 w/ white pages. 12 month GPA for this book is $100 with the last sale at $120. I think my list price is $125

Dear mikecmiles,

Your price is not even guide price. No one will ever but the that book at what your asking. Guide in cgc value is only 48.00 dollars and people spend on ebay half of guide. 24.00 is what people will spend. My offer will be a luttle more becuase i happen to like the cover. I will offer 35.00 i hope your smart enough to take it. Please note whatever you paid to get the book graded is not peoples concern. Thats not how it works. The way you make money off of cgc is 9.8 and up

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 241

Condition Value *CGC Value

(10)GEM MINT $96.00 $192.00

(9.9)MINT $64.00 $128.00

(9.8)NEAR MINT/MINT $32.00 $64.00

(9.6)NEAR MINT + $24.00 $48.00

i hope your smart enough to take it.

This guy knows how to negociate :roflmao:

lol

Ask him if he ever heard of GPA?

:screwy:

Hang on...I thought it was you who sent the e-mail? (shrug)

:baiting:

Me?

Offer $35 on a modern piece of krap?

lol:roflmao:

Dear mikecmiles,

Please note whatever you paid to get the book graded is not peoples concern. Thats not how it works.

This bit I thought was particularyl priceless. He's proabably sitting there thinking he's got you all cornered with no where to turn to. doh!

If only ebay enabled grelims in the mail, your reply would be ' lollollollol '

This an e-mail I received through ebay from a potential buyer. The book in question is a CGC 9.6 Captain America #241 w/ white pages. 12 month GPA for this book is $100 with the last sale at $120. I think my list price is $125

Dear mikecmiles,

Your price is not even guide price. No one will ever but the that book at what your asking. Guide in cgc value is only 48.00 dollars and people spend on ebay half of guide. 24.00 is what people will spend. My offer will be a luttle more becuase i happen to like the cover. I will offer 35.00 i hope your smart enough to take it. Please note whatever you paid to get the book graded is not peoples concern. Thats not how it works. The way you make money off of cgc is 9.8 and up

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 241

(9.9)MINT $64.00 $128.00

Here would be my response to his "offer".

Dear Dipsh*t,

Thank you for your offer, however I will politely decline. You see, I just sold a Captain America Comics # 77 on Comiclink in CGC 7.5 for $5k and I'm feeling a little wealthy. Your $35 offer, while truly generous, would barely even cover the cost of shipping the Cap to its new owner.

$5000, BTW, is 10 times the Guide value of approx $500. I'm glad I didn't list it on ebay, because I only would have made $250, according to you. With luck, I'll find a CGC 9.8 copy of that book one day so I can make some real "money off of CGC".

Now, here's what I'm going to do for you. I'm going to offer the Cap # 241 to you for my price of $125, and in addition to the book, print out a copy of this email, with both your offer and my counter, so that in the future maybe you can understand how much of a tool you are and learn a few things about how things really work. It might prove to be an invaluable investment lesson for you going forward.

How's that sound?

Best Regards,

Mike

Dear mikecmiles,

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 241

(9.9)MINT $64.00 $128.00

Here would be my response to his "offer".

Dear Dipsh*t,

Thank you for your offer, however I will politely decline. You see, I just sold a Captain America Comics # 77 on Comiclink in CGC 7.5 for $5k and I'm feeling a little wealthy. Your $35 offer, while truly generous, would barely even cover the cost of shipping the Cap to its new owner.

$5000, BTW, is 10 times the Guide value of approx $500. I'm glad I didn't list it on ebay, because I only would have made $250, according to you. With luck, I'll find a CGC 9.8 copy of that book one day so I can make some real "money off of CGC".

Now, here's what I'm going to do for you. I'm going to offer the Cap # 241 to you for my price of $125, and in addition to the book, print out a copy of this email, with both your offer and my counter, so that in the future maybe you can understand how much of a tool you are and learn a few things about how things really work. It might prove to be an invaluable investment lesson for you going forward.

How's that sound?

Best Regards,

Mike

George,

I think it's to kind. Needs more sarcasm.