• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You gotta love this person's negotiation tactics.

111 posts in this topic

I just love it when i-diots try to talk trash when they don't even possess decent verbal and/or communication skills.

Politely tell the wanker to go fist himself. aep.gif

First, that graemlin of the poor little sheep is just wrong...on so many levels.

Secondly, it looks like that guy is getting his information off of ComicPriceGuide.com. I can appreciate someone want to negotiate prices--I regularly do so myself. And I'll pull from a variety of sources if I feel someone is overpricing or overgrading a book. But this guy is being a total :censored: about it. Honey goes a lot further than vinegar, a lesson I learned back in the fourth grade and one it seems this fella is in sore need of.

This an e-mail I received through ebay from a potential buyer. The book in question is a CGC 9.6 Captain America #241 w/ white pages. 12 month GPA for this book is $100 with the last sale at $120. I think my list price is $125

Dear mikecmiles,

Your price is not even guide price. No one will ever but the that book at what your asking. Guide in cgc value is only 48.00 dollars and people spend on ebay half of guide. 24.00 is what people will spend. My offer will be a luttle more becuase i happen to like the cover. I will offer 35.00 i hope your smart enough to take it. Please note whatever you paid to get the book graded is not peoples concern. Thats not how it works. The way you make money off of cgc is 9.8 and up

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 241

Condition Value *CGC Value

(10)GEM MINT $96.00 $192.00

(9.9)MINT $64.00 $128.00

(9.8)NEAR MINT/MINT $32.00 $64.00

(9.6)NEAR MINT + $24.00 $48.00

:roflmao:

I just love it when i-diots try to talk trash when they don't even possess decent verbal and/or communication skills.

Politely tell the wanker to go fist himself. aep.gif

First, that graemlin of the poor little sheep is just wrong...on so many levels.

Secondly, it looks like that guy is getting his information off of ComicPriceGuide.com. I can appreciate someone want to negotiate prices--I regularly do so myself. And I'll pull from a variety of sources if I feel someone is overpricing or overgrading a book. But this guy is being a total :censored: about it. Honey goes a lot further than vinegar, a lesson I learned back in the fourth grade and one it seems this fella is in sore need of.

Are you refering to Doc's questionable gremlin there??

You might have a point. Education for the guy, over beating him with the sarcasm stick.

It could be a case of ignorance coupled with a degree of mis-placed acertivism. Anyone writing that can't honestly expect that tone to work unless he thought he was adressing someone with the same knowledge as him. e.g not much.

Actually I think the guy knows exactly what he's doing. And you never know, it may have worked for him in the past with newbie slab sellers...

Jim

Raise the price to 235.00 and make mention of the book being HOT especially because of the new Iron Man Movie. Heck everyone seems to be asking top dollar for books becasue of Iron Man, don;t let it bother you that Iron Man has nothing to do with this. Or mention the New Avengers Movie that is currently in pre production. Rumor has it that Elvis is being brought back from the dead to play Captain America in a sparkling red jumpsuit. Critics are already going nuts.. This book is sure to be worth 10X your asking price once the King reappears from the dead!

This an e-mail I received through ebay from a potential buyer. The book in question is a CGC 9.6 Captain America #241 w/ white pages. 12 month GPA for this book is $100 with the last sale at $120. I think my list price is $125

Dear mikecmiles,

Your price is not even guide price. No one will ever but the that book at what your asking. Guide in cgc value is only 48.00 dollars and people spend on ebay half of guide. 24.00 is what people will spend. My offer will be a luttle more becuase i happen to like the cover. I will offer 35.00 i hope your smart enough to take it. Please note whatever you paid to get the book graded is not peoples concern. Thats not how it works. The way you make money off of cgc is 9.8 and up

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 241

(9.9)MINT $64.00 $128.00

Dear BunionBrain,

The guide prices you quote are those used by children and amateurs who wouldn't know the meaning of Fair Market Value if it punched them in the mouth. Which is what I'm thinking of doing to you in order to save the next guy from having to read your torturous, simple-minded, mouthbreathing attempt at aping logic.

Please note that you are dealing with neither a child nor an amateur here, which is a shame, as I suspect from your email that those are a lot closer to your comfort zone. Grading fees don't factor at all into my pricing model for this issue, something that would be obvious to your average fifth grader, but yet somehow escaped you.

I hope the above makes even a modicum of sense, for I've no wish to rewrite it in single-syllable words for you. If you need further clarification of any of this letter, my advice would be for you to take it to your mommy. Suffice to say you should become acquainted with the concept of Market Value, and use that as a substitute for the method you're currently using to price books, a system economists like to refer to as "pulling prices out of your asss."

Sincerely,

MCMiles.

Dear mikecmiles,

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 241

(9.9)MINT $64.00 $128.00

Dear BunionBrain,

The guide prices you quote are those used by children and amateurs who wouldn't know the meaning of Fair Market Value if it punched them in the mouth. Which is what I'm thinking of doing to you in order to save the next guy from having to read your torturous, simple-minded, mouthbreathing attempt at aping logic.

Please note that you are dealing with neither a child nor an amateur here, which is a shame, as I suspect from your email that those are a lot closer to your comfort zone. Grading fees don't factor at all into my pricing model for this issue, something that would be obvious to your average fifth grader, but yet somehow escaped you.

I hope the above makes even a modicum of sense, for I've no wish to rewrite it in single-syllable words for you. If you need further clarification of any of this letter, my advice would be for you to take it to your mommy. Suffice to say you should become acquainted with the concept of Market Value, and use that as a substitute for the method you're currently using to price books, a system economists like to refer to as "pulling prices out of your asss."

Sincerely,

MCMiles.

:applause: You done used the big words well.

I would thank him for his more than generous offer and for the information about selling cgc graded comics on Ebay. Apologize profusely for your error in pricing the book, then let him know that you accept his offer and that shipping will be $100 (or $90, plus whatever your actual shipping is) if he is still interested in the book.

Dear mikecmiles,

CAPTAIN AMERICA # 241

(9.9)MINT $64.00 $128.00

So thats how I am suppose to get cheap books of ebay. Learn something everyday!!

This reminds me of when I first started selling on eBay I put up a ASM #100 with a reserve of $20 bucks...I had this bidder who bid $5 (Reserve not met) and she started emailing me asking what the reserve was and telling me what it ought to be and then she bid $10 bucks and started this diatribe of "OMG...$10 bucks and still Reserve Not Met...and asking me WTF??? and said there was no way my item would sell and then she bid $15 bucks and more WTF??? etc etc and your item is "never gonna sell" and then she bid $20 bucks and now was listed as Hi Bidder and then she really launched into me telling me what a shmuck I was that there was no way this item should go for $20 bucks...finally someone outbid her and the item went for $25 bucks...

It was my first experience with drunk bidding... :devil::roflmao:

Nice gramlin there , J L All the Way.! (thumbs u...That's all he needs to send the guy ......"The wagging , mooning gramlin" !........BH

I wood pass Mike becuase his offer was a luttle low in my opinyun...your much better off saying no

I wood pass too (in my humble luttle opinyun), but I'd say a littlt more than just know, er, I mean no.

Rick

Stop using big words.

Define "big" for me, please, using the post above as a contextual reference

I didn't mean they were big words as far as I was concerned, but you have to remember the audience for which your response is intended.

Plus, you are a linguistic powerhouse that often forgets the depth of your ability.

Here are the words that may be a problem for our negotiator:

torturous

simple-minded (he will think this is one of the seven dwarves)

mouthbreathing

aping

modicum

suffice

system economists