• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 REASONS WHY OA WILL GO UP IN VALUE

72 posts in this topic

...more strong price examples:

ff 9 page $8100

morbious cover kane $2600

Ingels end page 1300plus.

ploog kull panel page 1600

gulacy master of kungfu splash 4700

don martin pages for almost a grand each.

Maybe I'm crazy but these all seem pretty strong. None of these were over the top examples but the prices seem like ones I would take if I were selling.

Strong price examples other than above:

Ditko Dr. Strange 20k ish

(thumbs u

Hopefully this means people will leave me alone with my page.

Or maybe it means I have to take it down from CAF and hope people forget I have it. lol

C

Wolverine page by Miller 8.5k

Frankly, this one I am a little shocked at.

Shocked both that the reserve was set this low and that it did not go higher.

I say this because I am pretty sure this was ripped loose from a collection less than a year ago at a price about 75% higher than the current sell price.

C

Wow, I thought 8.5K was alot for that.. what do I know though :sorry:

$8.5k is alot...but when someone just laid out stooopid money for it not long ago...you are left (shrug)

C

...ummm why, are you selling? Thinking of selling? C'mon man, Buddy!... Bro, it's my grail!!! Puleeeze...! I'll be your best friend forever....Uhhh, do you take time payments??..

You are going to have to identify yourself more specifically...the wording of this post has been in emails from about 12 different people (almost verbatim) almost since the day I got the page. lol

C

I wish I saw that beast painting :cry:

I can see how you missed it....a single BRIGHT BLUE painting in the middle of all those black and white pieces...easy to miss. (thumbs u

C

I wish I saw that beast painting :cry:

I can see how you missed it....a single BRIGHT BLUE painting in the middle of all those black and white pieces...easy to miss. (thumbs u

C

I know :tonofbricks:

ff 9 page $8100

Maybe I'm crazy but these all seem pretty strong. None of these were over the top examples but the prices seem like ones I would take if I were selling.

That's what I mean with sellers asking unrealistic prices because of the rise of certain high end pieces.

The Ingels end page didn't even sell at $1312 (shrug) , neither did the Kane Morbius cover... I think both should have sold at these prices as well.

Wolverine page by Miller 8.5k

Frankly, this one I am a little shocked at.

Shocked both that the reserve was set this low and that it did not go higher.

I say this because I am pretty sure this was ripped loose from a collection less than a year ago at a price about 75% higher than the current sell price.

C

This is true. The seller, if it is the same person who bought it last year, took a bath on this piece.

In addition, the Jim Starlin 1/2 Splash from the fairly significant Avengers Annual Death of Thanos issue, sold for less than the seller himself paid. Another loss, although somewhat less in amount.

The Cockrum piece was very significant, a full page splash from his first run on X-men and the centennial issue to boot! It sold for not too much more than some panel pages went for in a recent auction. This piece certainly did not meet expectations.

While I am not one to predict anything in the short term, I was somewhat surprised to see many of the prices and believe that many of the pieces showed somewhat lower rates of return than would have been expected a year ago.

It is nice to look at a couple of pieces that had decent returns and make broad statements, but looking at everything there certainly was no indication that the OA market continues to rise as it had in the preceding 18 months.

- A

ff 9 page $8100

That's what I mean with sellers asking unrealistic prices because of the rise of certain high end pieces.

The Ingels end page didn't even sell at $1312 (shrug) , neither did the Kane Morbius cover... I think both should have sold at these prices as well.

I thought the Kane Morbius cover met reserve, didn't it? (shrug)

C

EDIT: I just checked the sold list and it's not there....I was talking to someone last night about how it sold for $2600 and it seemed like a nice fair price....strange it's not listed now.

ff 9 page $8100

I thought the Kane Morbius cover met reserve, didn't it? (shrug)

C

Well the high bid was $2,600... but it doesn't have the "reserve met" or "sold" next to it like the other ones have.

And it was a reserve auction

Holy Cow..

I just saw what the Truman Miracleman #6 cover sold for...it was sitting at $3500 or so with a few minutes to go and it sold for $7500. I did not see that one coming.

I dropped out of the Swamp Thing 1st Hellblazer page at about $2000...and it went to $3500 anyone know if that met reserve?

C

Holy Cow..

I just saw what the Truman Miracleman #6 cover sold for...it was sitting at $3500 or so with a few minutes to go and it sold for $7500. I did not see that one coming.

I dropped out of the Swamp Thing 1st Hellblazer page at about $2000...and it went to $3500 anyone know if that met reserve?

C

Didn't meet reserve at the high bid of $3500

Wow, I thought 8.5K was alot for that.. what do I know though :sorry:

$8.5k is alot...but when someone just laid out stooopid money for it not long ago...you are left (shrug)

C

I think that the buyer(seller) paid a very aggressive price. Yes, that maybe what it took to pry it loose from a personal collection, but I think the price realized in the auction is a very healthy figure. I almost bought the piece on Ebay about 3 years ago.

This is more of a correction and fair market value price. While there might be someone out there who would have paid more, say if it was on Heritage or consignment, I doubt it.

An increase of $5500 in 3 yrs time is fairly impressive. While this is a substantial loss for the current seller, this is keeping in mind that the piece failed to sell on Ebay for a reserve of 3K. - I also know that the "actual" bidding was lower than the amount the auction ended.

Speaking of prices, I thought the Swamp Thing cover by Bissette that went for over 6K was a bit on the higher scale.

Doesn't mean it wasn't worth that amount, but I was thinking around 4000.

The good stuff just keeps going up....... :pullhair:

yet another impressive sale number from this auction. And, yes, to the previous post, the final bid number may not represent an actual bid for pieces that don't sell. I don't know what if anything keeps sellers from finding bidders to bid on their pieces ala shilling. Not pointing fingers at Comiclink since this can easily happen with Heritage, Ebay, etc. it seems to me. I generally only trust numbers that represent sales even though I in fact did cite some of the unsold numbers earlier.