• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics with playing card or poker covers

54 posts in this topic

Newbie here.

I am hunting for comics with playing card or poker covers. My key issue is Batman #11 (7.0 restored) but I am looking to compile a list of books to hunt for. I have found several great covers by stumbling around, but know there have to be a ton I need to add to my "to buy" list, especially in the old Western comic books.

If anyone is collecting similar and is willing to share some ideas, or even post some covers, that would be great.

Some great ones I am hunting for include Cannonball Comics #1, Tec #118 and the always poplular Lucky Duck #6.

Thanks.

Well, here is what I've found that I need to find nice copies of

Batman #260; Bob Hope #33; Cannonball Comics #1; Detective #118; House of Mystery #27; Joker #2, 5; Justice League #43, 54, 203, 204; Lucky Duck #6; Marvel Premiere #44, 54, 56; Murder Inc. #1; Strange Adventures #80; Western Rough Riders #1; Wonder Woman #256, 281; Wyatt Earp #61 and way too many modern era comics to list.

I have picked up: Batman 11 (7.0), 179, 251 (7.5); Blondie 198; Boris Karloff Tales Mystery 11; Crypt of Shadows 3; Gangbusters 18; Rocky Lane 86; Sgt. Bilko 6

If anyone stumbles on any not listed here or has slabbed copies of ones that are and you are looking to sell, I'd like to know.

Thanks to all for the help so far all.

That DC All-Star Western is great. I also was not aware of the Moon Knights or even the new X-Men so those too are on the list.

I have the others, but my autographed Emma is not slabbed so obviously ineligible for the SS series. Nice books everyone.