• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March (May) Madness Grading Contest

251 posts in this topic

Hi Gang,

I wanted to run a grading game with a March Madness theme, but was late sending my books to CGC, so I didn't get them back prior to the tournament. I would like to run this every year in March if this is successful, so I'll call this year's game the "May Madness (March Madness withdrawel) Grading Tournament".

I have four prizes I'm kicking in for the final four. I plan on having prizes for the elite 8 as well. These prizes are all things that have come my way out of the graciousness of other boardies. If anyone else has something to donate for prizes, send me a PM and I will update the list.

Current prize list, not in any particular order:

1. Daredevil #163 CGC 9.4. Sold to me dirt cheap by Nearmint. Hard to find book that he graciously offered to me.

2. Vampirrella #1 and #1 Gold. Sent to me from Grails as winnings from one of his games; 'nuff said.

3. Mystery Prize. $50 value (you must be attending San Diego Con this year to pick this prize)

4. Iron Man #99 CGC 9.6

This it the way it works- pretty simple. I will have a seeding round in which I post about a dozen books along with the grade I gave it before sending it to CGC. Members will post whether they think CGC's grade was higher, lower or the same. Top 64 members get seeded.

After that, I will establish and post brackets and we will have head to head competition until we name a 'National Champion'. It should be fun.

So is anyone interested?