• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1

342 posts in this topic

I listed this last week without pics, I'm now including pics.

Price:$5,000

Shipping: pick up is available or I will pay next day air, your choice of carrier

additional pictures, if needed

**also book is trimmed**

**please serious inquiries only**

any additional questions, e-mail or call my cell # 216-659-3798

Thanks,

Harold

DSCN0001.jpg

DSCN0005.jpg

DSCN0003.jpg

I understand completely, but people make their own bed and then complain about the sand between sheets all the time. Why should here be any different?
This has the start of a very good saying. "If you make your own bed . . . Don't tuck the sheets in too tight? It will void the mfr's. warranty? Others are bound to ask why you used pine instead of oak? Something's not flowing.

My fellow boardies,

I ashamed and embarrassed to confess I got scammed by this guy to the tune of a cool $4000 for this alleged book. I paid him the full amount in good check, and he sent me a priority box; fully insured mind you. When I got to the post office this last Tuesday and pick up the package, I immediately noticed something was amiss; the box was too light for a package that was supposed to have a slabbed book inside. Then, I did the one thing that MIGHT help me on his scam job; I opened it in front of the post office postmaster witnessing. Inside was some crumpled up newspaper and a coverless Family Circle magazine. No Batman #1. Calls to Harold Fuller were as expected; he claims he the book was mailed inside said box. He did get a bit nervous when I informed him I had the postmaster witness me opening the box. But, he stood his ground and the conversation ended up as one might expect.....fraud brings out the worst. I have filed the case with the postal inspectors, but wanted my fellow boardies to know what happened here and to watch out for this guy; he very well may try to strike again. :tonofbricks:

My fellow boardies,

I ashamed and embarrassed to confess I got scammed by this guy to the tune of a cool $4000 for this alleged book. I paid him the full amount in good check, and he sent me a priority box; fully insured mind you. When I got to the post office this last Tuesday and pick up the package, I immediately noticed something was amiss; the box was too light for a package that was supposed to have a slabbed book inside. Then, I did the one thing that MIGHT help me on his scam job; I opened it in front of the post office postmaster witnessing. Inside was some crumpled up newspaper and a coverless Family Circle magazine. No Batman #1. Calls to Harold Fuller were as expected; he claims he the book was mailed inside said box. He did get a bit nervous when I informed him I had the postmaster witness me opening the box. But, he stood his ground and the conversation ended up as one might expect.....fraud brings out the worst. I have filed the case with the postal inspectors, but wanted my fellow boardies to know what happened here and to watch out for this guy; he very well may try to strike again. :tonofbricks:

Oh, one other thing....if anyone in the Cleveland area can assist in collecting this debt (you choose what collection methods you wish to employ) I'd happily pay a $1000 fee. (thumbs u

My fellow boardies,

Oh, one other thing....if anyone in the Cleveland area can assist in collecting this debt (you choose what collection methods you wish to employ) I'd happily pay a $1000 fee. (thumbs u

I wish I was, I would visit him for free :mad:

My fellow boardies,

I wish I was, I would gladly pop his kneecaps for free :mad:

Thanks, I hear ya. Does anyone know Mark Zaid's contact info? Maybe he has some ideas??

What a *&$*&*&.....does his cell still work......seems like it's time to send his cell number to the local authorities to track his whereabouts.

cell # 216-659-3798

What a *&$*&*&.....does his cell still work......seems like it's time to send his cell number to the local authorities to track his whereabouts.

cell # 216-659-3798

Oh, I know his whereabouts; that's what makes it REALLY odd. He works at the Cleveland Clinic as a "Unit Secretary". I would post his work # but with my luck he'd somehow end up suing ME! Arrggghhhhhh :censored:

My fellow boardies,

:censored:

What a . I hope it turns out well in the end. Glad you had the sense to open it with a postal inspector present.

Nail him to the wall for this.

Wow, that's crazy. That is the type of thing that makes my blood boil.

My best friend (who does some comic stuff as well) used to live outside of Cleveland, and still has family there. He might be going up sometime soon. If he does I'll see if he wants to try and make a collection.

My fellow boardies,

:censored:

What a . I hope it turns out well in the end. Glad you had the sense to open it with a postal inspector present.

Nail him to the wall for this.

Thanks; I'll go after him hard; be assured! I appreciate everyone's support, and by all means spread the word. The more folks that know and can help the better! (thumbs u