• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1

342 posts in this topic

Did you file a police report? You should probably also contact the Attorney General's Office in Cleveland. Hope you can resolve this and get your money back ... good luck.

That's probably the best course of action, especially if you don't have a lawyer. You can get him on 2 seperate federal offenses. Mail fraud and Grand Theft. (too bad you can't get him for 4 counts of grand theft)

Has anyone called Harold to ask where the $4k is yet?

:gossip: If you saw the buyer's first post after he was ripped off you would have seen the first thing he did was call the guy...

C

Has anyone called Harold to ask where the $4k is yet?

:gossip: If you saw the buyer's first post after he was ripped off you would have seen the first thing he did was call the guy...

C

Hey, thanks for pointing out the obvious Comix, I guess I should have been more clear.

Let me try it this way, has anyone posting on here called this ? (As opposed to Tony Soprano or Dog the Bounty Hunter)

First of all, really sorry for your loss, I can see how the lure of getting a Batman 1 made you overlook the alarms this guy was setting off.

All I can say is this guy is now, toast.

There are way too many people here willing to help, who are WAY smarter then this a hole thinks he is. The only advice I would give is to keep your comments to a minimum, dont make it personal and let those who know the law advise you on how to best get your money back. And if that fails let me know and I will gladly make a road trip with a few of my old friends and pay this guy a visit to say hello and have tea and crumpets.

Keep us posted as you can about how this loser is brought to justice.

Sorry, but that kinda stuff makes me pretty angry. I had a similar experiance around Christmas when I bought $800 worth of early Vampirella's from a guy in Texas. He notified the post office that he was shipping, but never shipped the box. It took almost 2 months to get my money back, fortunately it was thru paypal and they froze his account, and finally refunded my money. His name was Peter Joseph Salamone IV of Garland, TX , and is no longer a registered ebay user, but may surface under another name. (consider yourselves warned) :gossip:

Either case is actually mail fraud, and is a Federal Offence.

Exactly. it is indeed a Federal offense. Calling Mark Zaid!

I need a good "ta ta da da" little icon picture. :grin:

For buying/selling comic books: EsquireComics@aol.com.

For going after fraudulent comic book sellers: Mark@MarkZaid.com (thumbs u

Sorry, but that kinda stuff makes me pretty angry. I had a similar experiance around Christmas when I bought $800 worth of early Vampirella's from a guy in Texas. He notified the post office that he was shipping, but never shipped the box. It took almost 2 months to get my money back, fortunately it was thru paypal and they froze his account, and finally refunded my money. His name was Peter Joseph Salamone IV of Garland, TX , and is no longer a registered ebay user, but may surface under another name. (consider yourselves warned) :gossip:

Either case is actually mail fraud, and is a Federal Offence.

Exactly. it is indeed a Federal offense. Calling Mark Zaid!

I need a good "ta ta da da" little icon picture. :grin:

For buying/selling comic books: EsquireComics@aol.com.

For going after fraudulent comic book sellers: Mark@MarkZaid.com (thumbs u

The latter email address activates the time clock. (thumbs u

Chris

I just caught-up on this thread. :mad::frustrated::censored:

This is just another job for paratrooper, stronguy & nerf. :gossip:

Don't forget Designer Toast!

He can bring his chainsaw!

:sumo:

I just read up on this thread.

Is this $4000 rip-off the biggest board scam as of yet???

This guy needs to go on the super-probation list pronto!

Let me get this straight, you sent $4,000 to a guy that joined the boards in March? And no one at least vouched for him?.......

It wasn't the smartest move, but he gets it and he's probably beating himself up mercilessly about it as we speak. No need to rub it in.

Let me get this straight, you sent $4,000 to a guy that joined the boards in March? And no one at least vouched for him?.......

It wasn't the smartest move, but he gets it and he's probably beating himself up mercilessly about it as we speak. No need to rub it in.

you forget, I'm an a ss

you forget, I'm an a ss

I didn't forget.

(thumbs u

So then, Harold...

Could you confirm what your previous board ID was, please?

And what happened to it? (shrug)

Dena dealt the final blow.

Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that you got taken on this. I hate anyone to get taken. However...

What possessed you to even consider this deal in the first place? There were plenty of warnings about this guy in the two threads he started. He was known as a right piece of work, somebody you couldn't trust to pizz on you if you were on fire, but you still went ahead.

If it were a $20 deal, I might have some understanding, but this?

Again, my sympathies, but the obvious signs were there. :(

No argument there. I'm kicking myself every minute of every day. No doubt I'm the insufficiently_thoughtful_person of the year as a buyer......groan. :tonofbricks:

You were taken in by the prospect of owning a kick*** comic...it happens :tonofbricks:

Seriously, best of luck getting your money back...maybe said scumbag will come to his senses and do the right thing. Just for my own clarity, this is the exact same book you paid for?

Don't forget Designer Toast!

He can bring his chainsaw!

:sumo:

chainsaw.gif

I'd gladly bring a little chainsaw action to this and recreate a scene from a particular Al Pachino movie :devil: I'd love to knock this guy's in the dirt. I can't stand thieves - especially comic book thieves. I got ripped off when I started collecting again a few years ago and it just burns my when this sort of mess happens.

I've said it before: There is a special place in Hell for comic book scam artists.