• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1

342 posts in this topic

Well then, get your money back and then go there and kick his :censored:ing azz in :censored:

My thoughts exactly... get this settled the legal way and get your money back, wait 6 months, carefully take note of his daily routine and then give him his comeuppance.

Remember the Klingon proverb "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Good luck to the original poster, hope all ends well

Well then, get your money back and then go there and kick his :censored:ing azz in :censored:

My thoughts exactly... get this settled the legal way and get your money back, wait 6 months, carefully take note of his daily routine and then give him his comeuppance.

Remember the Klingon proverb "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Good luck to the original poster, hope all ends well

6 months? I would'nt wait 6 seconds once this was settled the legal way

Wow, this is horrible. I read this last night and was speechless. There's scum everywhere...even lurking on this board, which I view more as a brotherhood than anything else.

I guess this should fast track this guy onto the probation list.

I sent Harold a PM telling him to be smart and do the right thing and return the money - it has been read with no response...big surprise. meh

Like many others here, thieves (especially comic book thieves) really light me up and I'd love for nothing more than to see a little street justice. I'd like to choke this individual_without_enough_empathy out. But then we all know what happens: bad guy gets hurt, bad guy gets a lawyer, and good guy takes it in the . Hit this fool where it'll hurt, right in his pocketbook. The cost of your time, the amount you're out, travel time (mileage), lawyer fees, damages...this stuff adds up real quick.

I'd also file a police report. Were this guy living here, this is the minimum he'd get charged with:

Computer Crime (misdemeanor)

Theft I (felony)

Theft by deception (misdemeanor)

Get him charged and if you go to the police be sure to ask for a detective and not a uniform, specifically ask for a fraud/financial crimes detective. Even if the local DA chooses to not file, then at least there will be something on his record and you'll have more evidence for any civil action you take.

I'd also be interested in knowing if he did any of this posting or communication during work time from a work computer, or if he shipped the package using the hospital's postal account. I'm sure his employer would love to know if he did. Get any e-mail from Harold? If so, then you have his ISP.

Sue his and find out if he has any property or assets you can put a lien on if you win in court and he doesn't pay :devil: Make this eat his own .

Best of luck to you! :wishluck:

United States

Postal Inspection Service

Mail Fraud & Misrepresentation

United States Postal Inspection Service Mail Fraud & Misrepresentation

Title 18, United States Code

Section 1341. Frauds & swindles

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $ 1 million or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

I know violence might be intimidating but I don't think it is wise either in a monetary standpoint or the go to jail for a long time not be employable in the future standpoint.

I would go with the felony mail fraud, and keep a exact record of all transaction and correspondance with said frugtard.

I opened it in front of the post office postmaster witnessing. Inside was some crumpled up newspaper and a coverless Family Circle magazine.

Still got the magazine? I bet his prints are on it. hm

United States

Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, or to sell, dispose of, loan, exchange, alter, give away, distribute, supply, or furnish or procure for unlawful use any counterfeit or spurious coin, obligation, security, or other article, or anything represented to be or intimated or held out to be such counterfeit or spurious article, for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice or attempting so to do, places in any post office or authorized depository for mail matter, any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by the Postal Service, or deposits or causes to be deposited any matter or thing whatever to be sent or delivered by any private or commercial interstate carrier, or takes or receives therefrom, any such matter or thing, or knowingly causes to be delivered by mail or such carrier according to the direction thereon, or at the place at which it is directed to be delivered by the person to whom it is addressed, any such matter or thing, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $ 1 million or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both.

(thumbs u

Wow, this is horrible. I read this last night and was speechless. There's scum everywhere...even lurking on this board, which I view more as a brotherhood than anything else.

I guess this should fast track this guy onto the probation list.

Skip probation and just ban the smoking anus. (thumbs u

United States

(thumbs u

Hi gang,

Wow, thanks for all the support and help. I really, really appreciate it. So far I have done the following:

1) phoned Harold Fuller and demanded the return of the $4000.

2) reported the fraud to the Postal Service Inspection Dept.

3) have signed impromptu affidavit from acting Postmaster of my receiving post office.

Should I also contact the Cleveland Police Dept? Would that muddle the postal investigation? Also, there is a police dept. inside the Cleveland Clinic where he works; maybe I should contact them as he did use the clinic phones to help carry off the scam?

Sorry to hear about all of the bad luck you have been having Phil. First the septic and now this.

I think you have a good case with the spoon and the Batman book.

I wish you the best of luck. :wishluck:

United States

(thumbs u

Hi gang,

Wow, thanks for all the support and help. I really, really appreciate it. So far I have done the following:

1) phoned Harold Fuller and demanded the return of the $4000.

2) reported the fraud to the Postal Service Inspection Dept.

3) have signed impromptu affidavit from acting Postmaster of my receiving post office.

Should I also contact the Cleveland Police Dept? Would that muddle the postal investigation? Also, there is a police dept. inside the Cleveland Clinic where he works; maybe I should contact them as he did use the clinic phones to help carry off the scam?

Contacting the cops at the clinic could be a very good idea.

1) They might actually look into it and talk with the guy

2) They could very well give you a good idea of exactly who to deal with

3) It's more likely his superiors would hear about it.

Let me get this straight, you sent $4,000 to a guy that joined the boards in March? And no one at least vouched for him?.......

It wasn't the smartest move, but he gets it and he's probably beating himself up mercilessly about it as we speak. No need to rub it in.

errrr, that is an understatement. I'm banging my head bloody against the wall. :tonofbricks::tonofbricks::tonofbricks:

I would definately contact the policde dept. in the clinic where he works, right after you check with Mark. (If he is assisting in the case).

Sounds good. Thanks everyone.....

I would definately contact the policde dept. in the clinic where he works, right after you check with Mark. (If he is assisting in the case).

I WOULDN'T. As previously stated in this thread you must be VERY careful of what you say about him. Calling over to his office can easily lead to a counter suit against you for slander/defamation of character. Let you attorney handle EVERYTHING.