• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1

342 posts in this topic

**P.S. If everything you say is true (and have no reason to believe otherwise) he will be found guilty and get fired anyways.

(thumbs u Most business owners frown upon employs carrying out fraudulant deals via company phones. Money back +him getting fired = better then kicking his head in. Out 4k and jobless, that sir is priceless and proper justice for the .

VtComics:

I'm currently engaged in recovering about $13k for a friend of a board member (on a comic deal) and we are in the process of receiving payments now.

The bottom line on all this is that this isn't just a debt collection that should be pursued through the civil system, but also the criminal system. What he did is theft. I'm betting the state that he resides in classifies this amount of theft as a felony (here in PA it would be a third degree felony). I can also tell you that the detectives, even in a city as large as Philadelphia, will track down this defendant especially when you provide a name, address, have evidence etc.

I've used this now successfully a number of times. I contact the detectives in the local jurisdiction early, explain the situation, find out what the process is to file a complaint and take a contact name.

Next step is to give a fair warning to get the debt repaid otherwise we know we are correct in filing and that there was an intent to deceive and to steal.

Then it's game over because you are either going to get justice or your money back. The police will treat these cases seriously if you have good documentation and come prepared. Thus far I'm five for five in recovery. I think Zaid is batting a pretty high average as well on more cases. Don't sit there and take it... you can get your money back.

Brian, it's nice to know that there are nice people like you and Mark out there :applause:

Phil, I wish you the best of luck...I won't offer to break any legs, but I am really sorry that you are going through this, I know you had some tough times recently I hope things start to work out better immediately.

Whats even worse than that is he lost the respect of Sharon. :hi:

**P.S. If everything you say is true (and have no reason to believe otherwise) he will be found guilty and get fired anyways.

(thumbs u Most business owners frown upon employs carrying out fraudulant deals via company phones. Money back +him getting fired = better then kicking his head in. Out 4k and jobless, that sir is priceless and proper justice for the .

Good way to get him fired is to sue his place of work for their tacit assistance of the scam. If he conducted that sort of business on their phones, it's entirely likely that they're liable in the eyes of the law.

Best case scenario, you get your money back, some extra money from the business in the form of restitution for pain and suffering, and he gets fired and some jail time for his troubles.

He's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person if he doesn't send you back your money with a certified check and begs you not to inform his employer

Just be careful about making any threats to him, including but not limited to one like this: "give me my money back or I will call your boss."

Making such a threat in Florida --- & perhaps many other states --- is a 2nd degree felony.

836.05 Threats; extortion.--Whoever, either verbally or by a written or printed communication, maliciously threatens to accuse another of any crime or offense, or by such communication maliciously threatens an injury to the person, property or reputation of another, or maliciously threatens to expose another to disgrace, or to expose any secret affecting another, or to impute any deformity or lack of chastity to another, with intent thereby to extort money or any pecuniary advantage whatsoever, or with intent to compel the person so threatened, or any other person, to do any act or refrain from doing any act against his or her will, shall be guilty of a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Just be careful about making any threats to him, including but not limited to one like this: "give me my money back or I will call your boss."

Making such a threat in Florida --- & perhaps many other states --- is a 2nd degree felony.

836.05 Threats; extortion.--Whoever, either verbally or by a written or printed communication, maliciously threatens to accuse another of any crime or offense, or by such communication maliciously threatens an injury to the person, property or reputation of another, or maliciously threatens to expose another to disgrace, or to expose any secret affecting another, or to impute any deformity or lack of chastity to another, with intent thereby to extort money or any pecuniary advantage whatsoever, or with intent to compel the person so threatened, or any other person, to do any act or refrain from doing any act against his or her will, shall be guilty of a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Many collection agencies have attempted to employ such tactics (I'll call your boss if you don't pay me back) and it is not legal to do so. It's harassment. But, keep in mind the word "maliciously" and its definition in the statute.

Debt collection is a different matter. However, it is still not legal to call someone up and say, hey, I'm going to ruin you. It is lawful to say, we intend to file a complaint but want to make an attempt to resolve the debt amicably. Be careful... I would not just haphazardly go off and start making threats... but I think it is reasonable for you to say, I would like to be repaid and legal action will be taken if it is not.

Phil, I don't know you but I'm really sorry to hear about this. I got suckered for $15 and feel like a dope; this is just beyond my scope of comprehension. I'm glad there a bunch of highly knowledgeable members here to advise you in the right direction and :wishluck: here's to hoping for a favorable outcome for you!

The thief just posted in Comics General.

My experience is that thieves have no class...or brains for that matter. meh The karma police will be enroute to his house soon. Knock-knock. :makepoint:

My experience is that thieves have no class...or brains for that matter. meh The karma police will be enroute to his house soon. Knock-knock. :makepoint:

Yeah....judging from this clown's brainpower, they're probably already there waiting to pounce.

The karma police will be enroute to his house soon. Knock-knock. :makepoint:

Followed closely by the actual variety in short order... (thumbs u

oh they can already smell the new fish in lockup :cry: ...and it's gonna give "banana dance" a whole new meaning. :banana:

oh they can already smell the new fish in lockup :cry: ...and it's gonna give "banana dance" a whole new meaning. :banana:

:roflmao:

Was it Pontoon or GA Collectibles that had the "Violating Banana" icon? I can't remember who, but it was always a little disturbing to look at.

Was it Pontoon or GA Collectibles that had the "Violating Banana" icon? I can't remember who, but it was always a little disturbing to look at.

well you have your choice in banana themed prison sodomy gifs...

you can go overt... bananagetsit.gif

or my personal favorite and the far more emotional.. banangetsit2.gif