• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Walking dead comics are dropping in value from my experience lately. I sold almost every issue I had and literally all dropped in price and I took a hit on including 9.4 cgc 1st issue. I bought all about 2 years ago. I just sold a 9.6 number 27 I paid 180 for and only got 99.00. Anyone else experiencing this?

14 hours ago, jason4 said:

Walking dead comics are dropping in value from my experience lately. I sold almost every issue I had and literally all dropped in price and I took a hit on including 9.4 cgc 1st issue. I bought all about 2 years ago. I just sold a 9.6 number 27 I paid 180 for and only got 99.00. Anyone else experiencing this?

Interesting. May have to reassess the selling option. 

I don’t watch every early issue like a hawk, not keeping up with #1, but from eBay I’ve still seen some high prices on the early ones. I remember seeing a really beat #19 (6.0 at best) go over $100 and I thought that was nuts. I know it’s a key but this book was crinkled and the spine was filled with ugly color breaking tics. I watch #7 and #8 a lot since I need those, typically see them end around 6-70. Seen a few get bid up over $100. That was the same day as the mid season premiere. 

I still need #27 and $100 for it seems a consistent price in the 9’s. 9.8 would see a nice bump I’d bet. I’ve been waiting to find a #27 for around $50. I try to be patient on filling in my Dead books. Would love to see prices drop (: Sorry to sellers that bought em high and want to unload. But they still have their high days. 

On Saturday, March 03, 2018 at 4:19 AM, jason4 said:

CGC 9.8 copies are still getting good prices. IMO I would not purchase any  graded 9.4 or 9.6 copies for investment purposes. 

If you don't want to purchase a CGC 9.8 copy I would purchase high end raw copies.

10 hours ago, raybowles said:

CGC 9.8 copies are still getting good prices. IMO I would not purchase any  graded 9.4 or 9.6 copies for investment purposes. 

If you don't want to purchase a CGC 9.8 copy I would purchase high end raw copies.

I think you're right it's 9.8 or bust with these. If you buy raw keep it raw too much chance you get a 9.6 even if it looks perfect. I'm telling you my 9.6 27 was flawless to naked eye. 

TWD experts, I could have sworn there was a cover to an issue that had rick on it and the rest of the cover was art used previously. Am I dreaming this or what issue was it? I can't seem to find anywhere.

Thanks ya'll

7 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

TWD experts, I could have sworn there was a cover to an issue that had rick on it and the rest of the cover was art used previously. Am I dreaming this or what issue was it? I can't seem to find anywhere.

Thanks ya'll

https://dailydead.com/variant-cover-art-for-the-walking-dead-106/walking-dead-106-cover-b/

Folks,

I'm looking for some advice.  I have a family emergency and I need to sell my Walking Dead collection asap.  I'm not looking for top dollar but I will not give it away. I'm thinking close to GPA prices for the entire set is reasonable.  Can anyone advise me the best way to do this?  Putting them up for auction probably won't work because it will take to long and I don't see the collection selling here.  Would EBAY be the way to go?  I rarely purchase anything from EBAY so I have no idea if this would generate any interest.  Does anyone know anyone that would be interested in this?  Any help would be appreciated.

The collection I have is every regular issue of the Walking Dead in CGC 9.8  blue universal condition (#1 - #171).  I only have the regular issue/cover.  I do not have any 2nd prints, varient or convention covers.  Issue #1 is a black label copy.  90% of the issues were purchased from members on this board.  I'm looking for someone who will take the entire set.  

1 hour ago, raybowles said:

Folks,

I'm looking for some advice.  I have a family emergency and I need to sell my Walking Dead collection asap.  I'm not looking for top dollar but I will not give it away. I'm thinking close to GPA prices for the entire set is reasonable.  Can anyone advise me the best way to do this?  Putting them up for auction probably won't work because it will take to long and I don't see the collection selling here.  Would EBAY be the way to go?  I rarely purchase anything from EBAY so I have no idea if this would generate any interest.  Does anyone know anyone that would be interested in this?  Any help would be appreciated.

The collection I have is every regular issue of the Walking Dead in CGC 9.8  blue universal condition (#1 - #171).  I only have the regular issue/cover.  I do not have any 2nd prints, varient or convention covers.  Issue #1 is a black label copy.  90% of the issues were purchased from members on this board.  I'm looking for someone who will take the entire set.  

If I were you I’d try to post an ad on Craigslist or the like to gauge interest locally to avoid the hassle of shipping.Could take em to a local shop but they’re not going to pay GPA most likely. I suppose it would depend how much $ you need. I’d think you could get close to gpa for 1, 19, 27 and perhaps some of the other single digit issues, but for all the rest you might get offered pennies on the dollar if they want the whole set. Especially those after issue 100. Most fans caught on by them and have all those issues. I see a lot of sellers that ask way too much for their 1-current IMO. I’m no expert but that’s my two cents. Hope you find a buyer and get your problems handled.

21 hours ago, raybowles said:

Folks,

Hi Ray,

In my experience, you'll need to break this collection up into singles to sell them at the highest price. I am a buyer, and use eBay often to build up my collection. It has always worked well for me, but I'm almost always a buyer (very little selling experience - non-payment? late-payment?). As a seller, you can choose 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 day-length auctions so you could sell quite quickly there. 

I'd be pleased to hear from you if you had some of these you wished to sell, and I could provide my 'wanted' list. According to the CGC Registry, I already have 41% of these, so cannot consider taking them all.

To summarise, it is the same was as selling beer or tinned tomatoes - the buyer always gets a discount when they buy a four-pack (or a 171-pack) instead of singles.

Good luck!

Regards

Stephen

21 hours ago, raybowles said:

Folks,

8 minutes ago, StephenWA said:

Hi Ray,

In my experience, you'll need to break this collection up into singles to sell them at the highest price. I am a buyer, and use eBay often to build up my collection. It has always worked well for me, but I'm almost always a buyer (very little selling experience - non-payment? late-payment?). As a seller, you can choose 1, 3, 5, 7 or 10 day-length auctions so you could sell quite quickly there. 

I'd be pleased to hear from you if you had some of these you wished to sell, and I could provide my 'wanted' list. According to the CGC Registry, I already have 41% of these, so cannot consider taking them all.

To summarise, it is the same was as selling beer or tinned tomatoes - the buyer always gets a discount when they buy a four-pack (or a 171-pack) instead of singles.

Good luck!

Regards

Stephen

This, and selling here on the boards individually I think would be your best bet as there are no fees.

21 hours ago, Phil the Governor said:

How about that new issue??

I think TWD is about to cover some social problems that were going on before the apocalypse started.

They finally went and made the comic as boring as the tv show. Without Negan I have no use for either

On 3/26/2018 at 11:04 AM, raybowles said:

Folks,

Contact Conan at My Comic Shop. This is right up his alley and very fair in pricing.

On 4/6/2018 at 1:11 PM, Phil the Governor said:

How about that new issue??

I think TWD is about to cover some social problems that were going on before the apocalypse started.

Adding pictures below with a spoiler tag for those who aren't caught up. Not sure if i'm completely sold on with political policy being a big topic in the book moving forward - but if you have to rebuild a society, I guess it's part of the growing pains.  

Spoiler

What happened to the character skin tone of Stephanie between her first appearance in issue 176 and the current issue?  I thought this was either a pretty big retcon that seems to fit her into the direction of the storyline, or a big goof on the colors/art in the first issue... 

5acc14908b7e9_Stef1.jpg.d17354a1ec22ca465581d925820fd038.jpg    5acc14966cde3_Stef2.jpg.9468cc07785c095bb05dbc3176c369a2.jpg

13 hours ago, westerberg14 said:

Adding pictures below with a spoiler tag for those who aren't caught up. Not sure if i'm completely sold on with political policy being a big topic in the book moving forward - but if you have to rebuild a society, I guess it's part of the growing pains.  

Hide contents

What happened to the character skin tone of Stephanie between her first appearance in issue 176 and the current issue?  I thought this was either a pretty big retcon that seems to fit her into the direction of the storyline, or a big goof on the colors/art in the first issue... 

5acc14908b7e9_Stef1.jpg.d17354a1ec22ca465581d925820fd038.jpg    5acc14966cde3_Stef2.jpg.9468cc07785c095bb05dbc3176c369a2.jpg

She's prob been working the fields and ended up with a Hulk Hogan-like tan! lol