• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

You may consider selling them in group on Ebay also. A big group of 100+ graded comics might be impossible to sell to all but one or two people. But you may be able to sell groups of say 10 comics in a row, like issues 101-110, in one group. You may also get a bit more value per book that way. 

Survival Sunday: So are we all ready for tonight's TWD season 8 finale "Wrath", where (officially) the communities join forces in the last stand against the Saviors as all-out war unfolds. Then straight into the FTWD season 4 premier "What's Your Story?" where (it is alleged) Morgan, other TWD cast as well as some new cast will show up to join Madison, Nick and Alicia. Perhaps that is what that helicopter is for... its a long way for Morgan to walk from Washington to Texas/New Mexico...

image.thumb.png.07d97525e9a04390f73b7d227cf5552c.pngDa2s90IU0AAjQXD.jpg:large

Edited by StephenWA
added an image

My favorite comic ever and still is but the tv show just sucks anymore. They should have done a strict adaptation of the comic. I don't understand why they let Gimple continue to ruin such a great property. Does Kirkman not care anymore??? 

On 3/3/2018 at 7:19 AM, jason4 said:

Walking dead comics are dropping in value from my experience lately. I sold almost every issue I had and literally all dropped in price and I took a hit on including 9.4 cgc 1st issue. I bought all about 2 years ago. I just sold a 9.6 number 27 I paid 180 for and only got 99.00. Anyone else experiencing this?

I was seeing the same thing! I saw a WD #1 9.8 pop up on one of the FB groups for $2000 and I freaked out cause the last I saw them for was $3k+ Then I went to ebay sold listings and saw that they had dropped hard in price! :whatthe: So crazy! Hopefully #1 9.8 drops to about a grand and then I will probably pick one up. Still I am surprised at the drop.

Edited by retrothecollector
emoji :)

44 minutes ago, retrothecollector said:

I was seeing the same thing! I saw a WD #1 9.8 pop up on one of the FB groups for $2000 and I freaked out cause the last I saw them for was $3k+ Then I went to ebay sold listings and saw that they had dropped hard in price! :whatthe: So crazy! Hopefully #1 9.8 drops to about a grand and then I will probably pick one up. Still I am surprised at the drop.

There's always a drop in price between seasons but I am getting the feeling that many are giving up on the Walking Dead. Not so much because of the comic book storyline but because of the TV show.  

The books aren’t demanding the same prices they where two years ago.  Number one in 9.8 has pretty much stabilized at around $2200-2400 and number two between $1000-1200.  The shows popularity has plummeted but the readers of the series are still going strong for the most part.  I think the prices we see now are what they’re going to be for quite some time until it comes back into the main stream.  Glad I got on it fairly early.

On 3/26/2018 at 12:04 PM, raybowles said:

Folks,

I'm looking for some advice.  I have a family emergency and I need to sell my Walking Dead collection asap.  I'm not looking for top dollar but I will not give it away. I'm thinking close to GPA prices for the entire set is reasonable.  Can anyone advise me the best way to do this?  Putting them up for auction probably won't work because it will take to long and I don't see the collection selling here.  Would EBAY be the way to go?  I rarely purchase anything from EBAY so I have no idea if this would generate any interest.  Does anyone know anyone that would be interested in this?  Any help would be appreciated.

The collection I have is every regular issue of the Walking Dead in CGC 9.8  blue universal condition (#1 - #171).  I only have the regular issue/cover.  I do not have any 2nd prints, varient or convention covers.  Issue #1 is a black label copy.  90% of the issues were purchased from members on this board.  I'm looking for someone who will take the entire set.  

I have a bad feeling there will be more than a few collectors with a full or near full CGC 9.8 run trying to sell off their collection soon. 

Way I see it there's 2 types of buyers for these:

1. Wealthy WD fans looking to obtain an entire CGC 9.8 run all at once (and don't care about the variants, 9.9's or 10.0s)

2. Other like-minded collectors who are themselves looking to fill gaps in their WD CGC 9.8 run. I would look through the census and isolate all the copies that have the fewest copies in 9.8 and set them aside.  I'd then go through the registry and see if there are any others with gaps in their WD 9.8 run.  You'll probably get more for those and any of the keys.  Set those aside. 

Depending on the timeline for when you need the cash you can try to test the market and waters and possibly save time and money by offering the entire run on ebay for what you'd want to get for it with a best offer with an auto-decline set for the lowest price you'd be willing to take for it.  Keep in mind costs for shipping/insurance/fees.

If you get lucky and someone buys it -WIN!

If you get a bunch of offers you get info on what the current market is and can try to negotiate up from their offers or end the listing and list it in FB groups, instagram, or some other high visibility site with low fees - WIN!

If you get a bunch of PM requests for individual issues (especially the non-keys), you now know which ones are higher in demand and to set those at prices above GPA if you need to sell in portions - WIN!

However, if you're like a JGWentworth commercial and just need CASH NOW then you're going to have to shop it around to all the major venues, FB groups and likely end up either consigning it with an advance in payment, selling it to the highest offer, or let her rip on ebay no reserve auction and send out lots of ads on WD discussion group events sections.

If you have to break it up, you're bound to get the most (GPA prices) for issues #1-50 and take a slight hit on 51-75, a bigger hit on 75-100, and likely near or just below slabbing costs for issues 101-171 since by then the print runs were higher, collectors were buying 9.8 copies or multiple copies to get 9.8's.  GLWTS and if you can please come back and let us know what you ended up doing that worked for you.

Thanks for the advice guys.   I would like to let everyone know that I had no problem selling most of the issues and I did not give them away.  In fact I had a harder time selling my ASM keys ( 121,122,238, 252, 294,300).  Most of the offers on the ASM books were asinine offers. I sold over 100 issues of the Walking Dead within a couple of days.

I only have 37 of the 171 issues left.  I still have issue one (black label) and the majority of the other 36 issues are after issue #130.  I sold a bunch to two great CGC members who both happen to live in Great Britain.

I was hoping to sell issue #1 after I sold everything and that's why I still have it.  I only asked a couple of members if they would be interested.  I'm positive I can sell it on EBAY at a good price.

Edited by raybowles

Well it's been nearly three weeks and I'll take it upon myself to get this thread moving again ;)

Issue #180 thoughts...

Spoiler

Wel we wrapped up the New World Order story arc and after seeing the tension build between Rick and Governor Milton over the issue it was a nice ending to hopefully lead in to the eventual conflict we all know is coming.  But will this upcoming conflict lead to - perchance - one of the biggest changes in TWD thus far?  Could Rick finally meet his match?  Time will only tell :)  At any rate, I can't wait to get #181 next month to see what is coming next!!!  I just wish it wasn't a month long wait between issues (I'm too impatient lol).

Anyone else have thoughts to share on this issue?

On 6/8/2018 at 10:33 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Well it's been nearly three weeks and I'll take it upon myself to get this thread moving again ;)

Issue #180 thoughts...

Reveal hidden contents

Wel we wrapped up the New World Order story arc and after seeing the tension build between Rick and Governor Milton over the issue it was a nice ending to hopefully lead in to the eventual conflict we all know is coming.  But will this upcoming conflict lead to - perchance - one of the biggest changes in TWD thus far?  Could Rick finally meet his match?  Time will only tell :)  At any rate, I can't wait to get #181 next month to see what is coming next!!!  I just wish it wasn't a month long wait between issues (I'm too impatient lol).

Anyone else have thoughts to share on this issue?

Spoiler

I agree, SR...I think that issue 181 will set the stage for the next big 'war.'  Good talk!