• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

I was in a lcs in Oregon and came across TWD DAY SPECIAL (Michonne free comic book day re-colored cover).  My buddy snagged it before me and they only had the one copy.  We went to 3 others in the area and no one had one in their shop or knew what I was talking about. I couldn't find any on eBay as well. I don't think they were supposed to sell it before October 13th, TWD Day. Anyone else able to get a copy?

TWD_Day Special.jpg

Edited by Bowchigabowwow

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 11:33 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Thank you, Shawn!  @bigclutch for the save! :)

you help make the walking dead books?!?!!?!?!? if so wow that's so cool

wrong person I think

Edited by JcomicJ
think i tagged the wrong person

THE WALKING DEAD at NYCC

• October 06, 2018, 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM

The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden

Cast and executive producers from AMC’s “The Walking Dead” will discuss the show’s exciting new chapter and share some hints of what’s to come with a sneak peek into season 9, debuting on October 7th at 9PM ET/PT.

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/67163/The-Walking-Dead

• Danai Gurira
    Andrew Lincoln
    Norman Reedus
    Melissa McBride
    Jeffrey Dean Morgan
    Angela Kang
    Scott M. Gimple
    Robert Kirkman
    Gale Anne Hurd
    Dave Alpert
    Greg Nicotero

Edited by delt569

On 9/24/2018 at 1:28 PM, Bowchigabowwow said:

I was in a lcs in Oregon and came across TWD DAY SPECIAL (Michonne free comic book day re-colored cover).  My buddy snagged it before me and they only had the one copy.  We went to 3 others in the area and no one had one in their shop or knew what I was talking about. I couldn't find any on eBay as well. I don't think they were supposed to sell it before October 13th, TWD Day. Anyone else able to get a copy?

TWD_Day Special.jpg

I think you’re right. These were for TWD day release next weekend. If I’m wrong someone else can correct me. 

6 hours ago, rogue14 said:

I think you’re right. These were for TWD day release next weekend. If I’m wrong someone else can correct me. 

This is the free giveaway comics for TWD Day release for Oct 13th. I work at a store in CA and we are getting ours with this weeks shipment, along with all the other blag bagged variants and the comic shop homage #1 variant.

Going to try this again. Considering shops have already received these and folks are buying and posting all over social media, figured I would be ok.

SPOILERS for the blind bag covers. If you don’t want to know, don’t click the link. 

https://goldenapplecomics.com/search?page=1&q=walking+dead+15th&type=product

Edited by rogue14
Verbiage

20 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Going to try this again. Considering shops have already received these and folks are buying and posting all over social media, figured I would be ok.

SPOILERS for the blind bag covers. If you don’t want to know, don’t click the link. 

Good to go on posting at this point. The bags are out there. Shops aren't supposed to sell them until Sat though.

-shawn

On 10/10/2018 at 4:28 PM, rogue14 said:

Is there a Campbell blind bag? Or does the Campbell trade and virgin only come with the trade blind bag and virgin blind bag?

Sorry but I'm new to walking dead day...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
to and

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Is there a Campbell blind bag? Or does the Campbell trade and virgin only come with the trade blind bag and virgin blind bag?

Sorry but I'm new to walking dead day...

My understanding is that all blind bags look the same.  There are 15 books which come in 4 varieties: a) trade color b) virgin color c) trade b/w d) virgin b/w.  In total, there are 60 unique books in the bags.  What the ratio is for the different varieties (if there is one) I'm not sure.

3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

My understanding is that all blind bags look the same.  There are 15 books which come in 4 varieties: a) trade color b) virgin color c) trade b/w d) virgin b/w.  In total, there are 60 unique books in the bags.  What the ratio is for the different varieties (if there is one) I'm not sure.

Ah I see, which is what I assumed, but the link that he gave had prices next to each blind bag, which confused me ???

So they're all just randomly placed but some more than others (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Ah I see, which is what I assumed, but the link that he gave had prices next to each blind bag, which confused me ???

Which brings up the next question, how much are the blind bags? lol

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

yeah, they're just basically upcharging so people can buy a guaranteed cover without having to buy 20 blind bags and risk not getting the book they're interested in.  It's kinda like buying Magic or baseball cards in that sense.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

there are rarer editions like pencil edition of 19 or the bubbles virgin variant of 100 some of the other rarer ones haven't been pointed out yet

Edited by JcomicJ

12 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

there are rarer editions like pencil edition of 19 or the bubbles virgin variant of 100 some of the other rarer ones haven't been pointed out yet

Would you have an idea of the LCS price on those? It may be regional... idk but it is probably the same price everywhere...

I tried calling my LCS and $3.99 is all they quoted me lol

Hopefully I find out more tomorrow (thumbsu