• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Would you have an idea of the LCS price on those? It may be regional... idk but it is probably the same price everywhere...

I tried calling my LCS and $3.99 is all they quoted me lol

Hopefully I find out more tomorrow (thumbsu

its a gamble there are super rare pulls seen for 19 and 100 on ebay so its a gamble

I got 2 color virgin copies of Campbell #19... my brother got 2 black and white trade dress variants of Campbell #19.... so we'll just do one of each.

It's his birthday tomorrow  :whee:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Went to my LCS late today for WD Day. Not much left on the shelf in regards to the blind bags. I have some on order so only picked up  one of 127 to get my lotto fix before my DCBS shipment arrives. 

The cover art for these books are great  

Was fun opening the bag up. Can’t wait to open more!   

On 10/12/2018 at 4:40 PM, ExNihilo said:

My understanding is that all blind bags look the same.  There are 15 books which come in 4 varieties: a) trade color b) virgin color c) trade b/w d) virgin b/w.  In total, there are 60 unique books in the bags.  What the ratio is for the different varieties (if there is one) I'm not sure.

Each bag may contain the following variant:

Color: 50% chance
Color Virgin: 25% chance
Black & White: 15% chance
Black & White Virgin: 10% chance

So which are the most desirable of the blind bags, besides 19 of course? Is that the only one? My shop has a bunch of everything left, but there's zero info on what's moving.

Ironically, the rarest issue by far seems to be the free one, I couldn't find it anywhere. People have no idea what I'm talking about. No big loss, I'm sure it'll show up for $1 online soon.

14 hours ago, brentdevil said:

So which are the most desirable of the blind bags, besides 19 of course? Is that the only one? My shop has a bunch of everything left, but there's zero info on what's moving.

Ironically, the rarest issue by far seems to be the free one, I couldn't find it anywhere. People have no idea what I'm talking about. No big loss, I'm sure it'll show up for $1 online soon.

Just by looking at Midtown online, it looks like the only 3 blind bags that are sold out are issues, 1, 19, and 100.  I would assume that those three are the most desirable at the moment. 

2 hours ago, strezz_dout said:

Just by looking at Midtown online, it looks like the only 3 blind bags that are sold out are issues, 1, 19, and 100.  I would assume that those three are the most desirable at the moment. 

I only bought those 3 and a 27...

the 1 and 100 were virgin variants and the 19 was the black and white virgin...

only the 27 was the regular cover

I got the following from my LCS today

#7 Color Virgin

#53 B&W

#108 B&W Virgin

#167 Color Virgin

#171 B&W

27, 48, 82, 98, 127, and 132 were regular covers

Got a bundle coming in the mail soon, maybe get lucky on some of those.

Edited by aszumilo

Got my order from DCBS today which had my blind bags.   I preordered 3 of each issue.  DCBS shipped all but the ones for issues 92 and 98.  So 39 blind bags total.  

The distribution of the books was good for me.  I didnt get any 1:100 variants but I did only have 5 duplicates. 

Overall happy with the condition of the books as well.  

Now I will just need to fill in the holes which I didnt getting lucky on.  

My total haul on the Blind Bags

2 - B/W Virgin

7 - B/W

7 - Color Virgin

19 -  B/W Virgin

27 - Color Virgin

48 - Color Virgin

53 - B/W

108 - B/W Virgin (x2)

127 - B/W

167 - Color Virgin (x2)

171 - B/W

171 B/W/ Virgin

Also got the regular covers to 27, 48, 53, 92 (x2), 98 (x2), 100, 127, 132 (x2)