• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

I have watched the Walking Dead since the first episode and I will continue watching until the end but there is no denying the show has been on the downturn for the last couple of years.  Years ago my entire family watched every episode together (7 of us).  Currently I'm the only one watching.  The same goes for my work buddies.  I work in law enforcement and we had a group of about 10 guys that watched every week.  Just like my family they all stopped watching.

The main reason is the show has become so politically correct.  There is no chance if this was real life the people would be taking orders from the people who are currently in charge.  It's almost like the producers are trying to ruin the show.  They have already lost half their audience and I think this is only the beginning.  Hopefully things will change.

Well, the “follow the leader” is carried over from the comics, though that is not working out so well for a new community in the book.

But sadly I agree with the quality of the shows in Seasons 7, 8 and 9A.   I do think second half of Season 9 has been good.    But I am watching the series over and into Season 5, I am still on the edge of my sofa and ready to immediately watch the next episode.   Those first 5 seasons really were something special.

6 hours ago, bigclutch said:

I'm not trying to flex, but I thought you all might get a kick out of seeing the Campbell art. Here's the inks and the thumbnail sketch. Definitely one of the top pieces in my collection.

20180918_183438.jpg

20180918_183459.jpg

Sweet!   Got any other TWD treasures like this?

So I absolutely love the Rathburn back cover sketches on the early TWD issues (and am incredibly jealous of Phill the Governor who has the OA for Issue 25).    So I need some help.  I know that Rathburn did back cover pin ups for Issues 25 to 29 and 31 to 38.  I've got those.   However, I saw the reverses of Issues 52 and 53 and they had Rathburn drawings as well.   After Issue 50, which ones have Rathburn back covers?   I *might* start collecting those as I think they are really pretty awesome.

11 hours ago, bigclutch said:

I'm not trying to flex, but I thought you all might get a kick out of seeing the Campbell art. Here's the inks and the thumbnail sketch. Definitely one of the top pieces in my collection.

20180918_183438.jpg

20180918_183459.jpg

You got this hanging on the wall yet?

Thought I would share my 4 favorites - let’s see yours!!!

Top left: TWD #1 signed by Kirkman and Moore
Top right: TWD #2 also signed by both Robert and Tony with Tony's sketch of a Walker.  Very high quality sketch.
Bottom left: TWD #19, signed Kirkman with Moore signature and sketch (average quality)
Bottom right: TWD "Hero Initiative".  Joe Jusko Marvel artist and one of my Top 5 favorites from the series.

EBFE1261-02D0-4AE5-81FF-ED749DE31A5F.thumb.jpeg.a1548b8b410bc78ce753eff3cd4ac5af.jpeg

Second pic: The "Hero Initiative" is a full wrap-around cover that looks like this.   The bloody infant hand in the crib is pretty macabre but I thought it was a nice touch.

88DC9215-A350-485B-A720-95AA78678646.thumb.jpeg.66849b1b10d2b77522ff999625cf3318.jpeg

On 4/12/2019 at 9:47 PM, BladeTX said:

So I absolutely love the Rathburn back cover sketches on the early TWD issues (and am incredibly jealous of Phill the Governor who has the OA for Issue 25).    So I need some help.  I know that Rathburn did back cover pin ups for Issues 25 to 29 and 31 to 38.  I've got those.   However, I saw the reverses of Issues 52 and 53 and they had Rathburn drawings as well.   After Issue 50, which ones have Rathburn back covers?   I *might* start collecting those as I think they are really pretty awesome.

I’m a big fan of those as well, and happy to own the back cover OA for #33 :cloud9:

On 4/13/2019 at 8:04 AM, BladeTX said:

Thought I would share my 4 favorites - let’s see yours!!!

Top left: TWD #1 signed by Kirkman and Moore
Top right: TWD #2 also signed by both Robert and Tony with Tony's sketch of a Walker.  Very high quality sketch.
Bottom left: TWD #19, signed Kirkman with Moore signature and sketch (average quality)
Bottom right: TWD "Hero Initiative".  Joe Jusko Marvel artist and one of my Top 5 favorites from the series.

Second pic: The "Hero Initiative" is a full wrap-around cover that looks like this.   The bloody infant hand in the crib is pretty macabre but I thought it was a nice touch.

The Jusko HI cover always stood out to me because of the red. It popped off the wall. Great pick up.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tim. New to these forums but a long time Walking Dead fan (show and comic). Been collecting for a number of years and keep adding new editions to my collecting as often as I can. As for the first prints of the full run all I am missing is issue #1 which I plan on adding very soon. My question to y’all is which issues from 1-50 have 2nd prints?  The only ones that I’m familiar with is issues 2 and 7 which I have both and issue 33 which I have yet to acquire. Any help will be very appreciated. 

7 hours ago, Timothy Villalpando said:

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tim. New to these forums but a long time Walking Dead fan (show and comic). Been collecting for a number of years and keep adding new editions to my collecting as often as I can. As for the first prints of the full run all I am missing is issue #1 which I plan on adding very soon. My question to y’all is which issues from 1-50 have 2nd prints?  The only ones that I’m familiar with is issues 2 and 7 which I have both and issue 33 which I have yet to acquire. Any help will be very appreciated. 

Hi Tim and welcome.

Reprints for first 50 are 2, 7, 8, 33, 34 and 50.   33, 34, and 50 have cover variations whereas 2, 7, 8 look identical, just different dates.

Good luck in completing your collection!  I personally have a second #1 but have plans to get it sketched by Tony someday.

7 hours ago, Timothy Villalpando said:

BTW, as luck would have it, Sensei Ryan just posted CGC 9.8 copies of the #7 and #8 Second Prints on eBay last Sunday and they are active until the end of the weekend.  Be sure to check them out if interested.  These don't come around often, so if you are intent on getting the Second Prints, this is a great opportunity.  Ryan, you can thank me later :)

On 4/18/2019 at 9:06 AM, BladeTX said:

BTW, as luck would have it, Sensei Ryan just posted CGC 9.8 copies of the #7 and #8 Second Prints on eBay last Sunday and they are active until the end of the weekend.  Be sure to check them out if interested.  These don't come around often, so if you are intent on getting the Second Prints, this is a great opportunity.  Ryan, you can thank me later :)

Ha! I bid on these right before I posted. Hope I win. 

3 hours ago, StephenWA said:

I hear there’ll be some surprises for us in #192, June 5th (the last issue of volume 32)...

Yeah, I expected that.  I heard it is the last book in the 8th volume since Compendium #3 so expected to be the end of Compendium #4.   Would figure there is something big at the end as a cliffhanger.    Like Compendium #3 ending at Issue 144 with heads on pikes.   Which kind of cracks me up, because Compendium readers needed to wait 4 years to find out how that resolved.   Adding to your speculation, the cover and teaser is out for #193 and it is definitely not in the Commonwealth...