• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Yeah, I expected that.  I heard it is the last book in the 8th volume since Compendium #3 so expected to be the end of Compendium #4.   Would figure there is something big at the end as a cliffhanger.    Like Compendium #3 ending at Issue 144 with heads on pikes.   Which kind of cracks me up, because Compendium readers needed to wait 4 years to find out how that resolved.   Adding to your speculation, the cover and teaser is out for #193 and it is definitely not in the Commonwealth...

Indeed. Bring on June!

I'm more than ready for the new issue this week!  I'm curious as to what's going to happen with the build up to #200. I hope something monumental happens in the anniversary issue and not a random on leading up to it like 197 or 193.  #150 wasn't too memorable for a big event but #100 sure was...so how apropos would it be to have Negan return in 200 to either lead the group or have some other direction-changing storyline come about?
Either way, it'll be a long patient wait to find out...only 8+ months to go lol SO EXCITED!!!

2 hours ago, StephenWA said:

I love my new purchase. Do you? Signed sketch of The Governor by RK. A good job he found TM and CA to do the comic book art, eh?

0A1B7339-D325-40DB-8D3B-9442AA4B3E0A.jpeg

Interesting!  I have only seen a couple of  Kirkman sketches and they are scribbles.  This is the most detailed one yet I have seen.  Do you know what he charges for sketches?  These seem pretty rare, probably because he has no time to do this at shows.   Possibly done for someone he knew?

40 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Those full covers are amazing.  When do they have time at shows to do that where CGC can witness it?

Normally just need to get to the artist first thing.  Most will do some full covers per show but the list fills fast.  Once they are done you go grab a CGC witness and go pick up at artist's booth.  

Edited by cbalroman

2 hours ago, cbalroman said:

Normally just need to get to the artist first thing.  Most will do some full covers per show but the list fills fast.  Once they are done you go grab a CGC witness and go pick up at artist's booth.  

I know Tony charges $200 for a sketch.  Can you give me a range for the price of a full cover?  That Ryan Ottley is way beyond a sketch - that thing is a completed cover!

1 hour ago, BladeTX said:

I know Tony charges $200 for a sketch.  Can you give me a range for the price of a full cover?  That Ryan Ottley is way beyond a sketch - that thing is a completed cover!

You could get almost 3 sketch cards from Tony for $200-  That Ottley cover was probably big bucks too when commissioned - Ryan is big-time- and he deserves it- he is sooo good-  I'd love to own a full Ottley cover

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

You could get almost 3 sketch cards from Tony for $200-  That Ottley cover was probably big bucks too when commissioned - Ryan is big-time- and he deserves it- he is sooo good-  I'd love to own a full Ottley cover

Tony has on his website that TWD #1 to #6 signatures are $100.   Regular TWD signatures are $20 as is any book to be submitted to CGC for $20.     His comic sketch price is $200.   I sent in an e-mail and asked if the signature and sketch prices were additive and his wife answered no, if you pay $200 for the sketch then the signature is not extra.

Edited by BladeTX
typo

38 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Tony has on his website that TWD #1 to #6 signatures are $100.   Regular TWD signatures are $20 as is any book to be submitted to CGC for $20.     His comic sketch price is $200.   I sent in an e-mail and asked if the signature and sketch prices were additive and his wife answered no, if you pay $200 for the sketch then the signature is not extra.

A few years ago Tony was at a comic con near me. At the time I inquired on prices, I was advised $1000 for a full cover, not just a sketch. Not sure what he’s at now.  

Here is his top of the line commission.   More info (and an amazing gallery) at https://www.coloneltonymoore.com

pinhead_insta.jpg

spiderham_insta.jpg

ursula_insta.jpg

rickgrimes2_web.jpg

darkknight_insta.jpg
pinhead_insta.jpg
spiderham_insta.jpg
ursula_insta.jpg
rickgrimes2_web.jpg
sold out

Premium Commission

Commission your own custom drawing, to be rendered much like the Sketch Of The Day! pieces offered here. Dimensions are generally anywhere from 8.5" x 9" to 9" x 12", depending upon paper availability and my general whim. Paper is typically toned paper or chipboard.

These pieces are to feature ONE fully-rendered character of your choosing. I typically do portrait/bust shots, but may include more of the figure if i decide to. Backgrounds are moderate, and may be suggested, but will ultimately be drawn as I see fit.

These sketches will be posted as part of my Sketch Of The Day! content, and may take up to 3 weeks to be completed. 

This might derail the thread back to an earlier topic from the day but here's one of my few full cover sketches...it's a pretty good Daryl sketch (and is signed by Norman Reedus - art by Scott Blair) - I got it pretty early on in my set build and it's still a favorite of mine!

Walking Dead #109 SS CGC 9.8 Signed & Sketched by Scott Blair & Signed by Norman Reedus.jpg

18 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

This might derail the thread back to an earlier topic from the day but here's one of my few full cover sketches...it's a pretty good Daryl sketch (and is signed by Norman Reedus - art by Scott Blair) - I got it pretty early on in my set build and it's still a favorite of mine!

Walking Dead #109 SS CGC 9.8 Signed & Sketched by Scott Blair & Signed by Norman Reedus.jpg

Hey Ryan, that is awesome.  The label says the sketch is front and back. Do you have a pic of the reverse?