• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Forgot about this one in my collection...it's my favorite slabbed sketch I own.  I can't believe with the rarity of these that there isn't more talk about them but maybe that's why there isn't more talk about them lol 

Walking Dead Here's Negan Sketch Edition CGC 9.8 (Green Label).jpg

Edited by Sensei Ryan

9 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Forgot about this one in my collection...it's my favorite slabbed sketch I own.  I can't believe with the rarity of these that there isn't more talk about them but maybe that's why there isn't more talk about them lol 

Wow, you've showed me this before but not this big.    I think it is really cool Charlie left in the pencil lines on Andrea's face as reference points.   You know, if you ever want to sell this...  :bigsmile:

9 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

let me crack that thing open and color it! (cmon- you have 2 or 3 of them)

55 minutes ago, MrWalkingDead said:

let me crack that thing open and color it! (cmon- you have 2 or 3 of them)

It's green label and just says sketched in marker.  Maybe a high school student did it?  JK, but Sensei Ryan how did these make it onto the market?  Obviously as individual book, not through Sig Series...  Just wondered how you learned about it and where they all are.   Did Charlie do 25 different characters?

16 minutes ago, EvilAsh said:

Any excuse to show off some sketches!

the first two are Tony Moore :cloud9:

and the third is from Bill Dinh (BillyTheKidd)

D35EF0F1-1E80-48C9-995B-595E47A411A7.jpeg

D0A85864-B50B-4E94-9C4D-9A317F3BCF60.jpeg

BFDFBC93-26A9-493C-B358-44CD26E52A06.jpeg

Those Moore sketches are awesome, never see any like that before.  And 2008 is really early in the TWD universe.

14 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

It's green label and just says sketched in marker.  Maybe a high school student did it?  JK, but Sensei Ryan how did these make it onto the market?  Obviously as individual book, not through Sig Series...  Just wondered how you learned about it and where they all are.   Did Charlie do 25 different characters?

there are 5 of those Negan sketches (supposedly) - since CGC wasnt there when Charlie sketched them- they get the green label-  but when Ryan cracks it open so i can color it- it will get the yellow label with green stripe-

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

there are 5 of those Negan sketches (supposedly) - since CGC wasnt there when Charlie sketched them- they get the green label-  but when Ryan cracks it open so i can color it- it will get the yellow label with green stripe-

Here's what I know scoop-wise on the blind bag Here's Negan #1 'sketch' editions.  There were rumors that only 25 of the white covers (over the normal covers) exist - if that's true, it's a rarer book than even the Hyundai (which is crazy rare but it is rumored to have a 1K print run even if we never see them on the market but that's another discussion).  The white covers were all (once again rumored) supposed to have CA sketches on them.  I saw at most 10-11 come up for sale, and all included either zombies (the most common) or character sketches.  I've only seen the Glenn, Andrea, Rick, and walker sketches (about 11 maybe total) come to market.  So basically these 25 blank covers (over the Negan cover) were all sent to CA for signing/sketching and then probably shipped back to be included in the blind box sets that came out a couple of years ago (I want to say summer of 2010).  My blind box set was 'allocated' by my LCS (meaning that my order went unfulfilled or someone bought it from out from under me or they kept it and flipped it) but everyone was grabbing them up due to the limited print run (I think the Here's Negan was limited to 500 copies as is) AND for the rumored sketches that came with them (the Here's Negan sketch covers).  So these are all legit signed/sketched copies by CA but since no authorized witnesses saw them CGC won't verify them for yellow labels (but since they acknowledge it's a variant and since no variant blanks exist without sketches that's technically a verification of sorts of their legitness). 

That's all I know, though - but there should only be multiples of the Walker sketches as I've only seen characters be 1/1 (I have no idea which ones CA did, though, so it would be cool to have a list or find one somewhere).

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Here's what I know scoop-wise on the blind bag Here's Negan #1 'sketch' editions.  There were rumors that only 25 of the white covers (over the normal covers) exist - if that's true, it's a rarer book than even the Hyundai (which is crazy rare but it is rumored to have a 1K print run even if we never see them on the market but that's another discussion).  The white covers were all (once again rumored) supposed to have CA sketches on them.  I saw at most 10-11 come up for sale, and all included either zombies (the most common) or character sketches.  I've only seen the Glenn, Andrea, Rick, and walker sketches (about 11 maybe total) come to market.  So basically these 25 blank covers (over the Negan cover) were all sent to CA for signing/sketching and then probably shipped back to be included in the blind box sets that came out a couple of years ago (I want to say summer of 2010).  My blind box set was 'allocated' by my LCS (meaning that my order went unfulfilled or someone bought it from out from under me or they kept it and flipped it) but everyone was grabbing them up due to the limited print run (I think the Here's Negan was limited to 500 copies as is) AND for the rumored sketches that came with them (the Here's Negan sketch covers).  So these are all legit signed/sketched copies by CA but since no authorized witnesses saw them CGC won't verify them for yellow labels (but since they acknowledge it's a variant and since no variant blanks exist without sketches that's technically a verification of sorts of their legitness). 

That's all I know, though - but there should only be multiples of the Walker sketches as I've only seen characters be 1/1 (I have no idea which ones CA did, though, so it would be cool to have a list or find one somewhere).

so when you gonna crack that baby open? 

13 minutes ago, MrWalkingDead said:

so when you gonna crack that baby open? 

I'm not sure I will. I would love to get a yellow/green label (the SS qualified one) that they do now but it's a huge risk when it comes to handling for the resigning.  In my last batch in the fall that I sent in for signing one book came back with a huge corner crease that happened when someone dropped it along the way (no idea where).  It came back a 9.6 and I know it didn't look that way when I sent it off for signing.  So it's not necessarily worth the risk for me at the moment as it could end up being a really expensive downgrade pending accidents along the way BUT who knows, I may take that gamble at some point ;) 

Edited by Sensei Ryan

2 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I'm not sure I will. I would love to get a yellow/green label (the SS qualified one) that they do now but it's a huge risk when it comes to handling for the resigning.  In my last batch in the fall that I sent in for signing one book came back with a huge corner crease that happened when someone dropped it along the way (no idea where).  It came back a 9.6 and I know it didn't look that way when I sent it off for signing.  So it's not necessarily worth the risk for me at the moment as it could end up being a really expensive downgrade pending accidents along the way BUT who knows, I may take that gamble at some point ;) 

it would be the ultimate gamble-- that book is by far the rarest Walking Dead book-  you would be super ballin' if you had it re-signed or colored-  (it should be worth about 10000 registry points either way)