• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

That looks like Eddie - the Iron Maiden mascot.  Maybe that is the reason for the guitar?

Yes. I asked him to do a Number of the Beast album cover mashup with Todd the Ugly Kid.  Has nothing to do with The Walking Dead I just wanted to play.  I have no others.  :sorry: lol

Edited by Awax

Spoiler

OK, everyone seems to be treading lightly here on 191 for some reason when the lead character has just been killed off.   Lots of good stuff on the WalkingDead.com Issue discussion page.   I guess the first question is going to be "Is Rick dead"?   I would say definitively yes.  He was shot just left of his sternum in his chest, exactly where his heart is.  The location of the entry wound on the first panel would kill someone even with the weakest of guns (such as a .22 rimfire) and Spencer's handgun looks like at least a 9mm.   And it's way too low to be a shoulder hit.    In fact, it's pretty unrealistic that he would be able to speak at the end, basically his heart would have exploded in his chest.   I don't see any possible way Kirkman can bring him back from this one.   Looks like there will be a hunt for the killer, who knows what "Team Rick" will do, so will be interesting to see where RK takes this.   And then of course what happens to The Commonwealth and who will step up as the leader of both communities?   Carl still seems kind of young to me, someday he will be ready.   Michonne or Maggie would seem logical to me.  Unless he wants to bring back Negan lol

49 minutes ago, BladeTX said:
  Reveal hidden contents

OK, everyone seems to be treading lightly here on 191 for some reason when the lead character has just been killed off.   Lots of good stuff on the WalkingDead.com Issue discussion page.   I guess the first question is going to be "Is Rick dead"?   I would say definitively yes.  He was shot just left of his sternum in his chest, exactly where his heart is.  The location of the entry wound on the first panel would kill someone even with the weakest of guns (such as a .22 rimfire) and Spencer's handgun looks like at least a 9mm.   And it's way too low to be a shoulder hit.    In fact, it's pretty unrealistic that he would be able to speak at the end, basically his heart would have exploded in his chest.   I don't see any possible way Kirkman can bring him back from this one.   Looks like there will be a hunt for the killer, who knows what "Team Rick" will do, so will be interesting to see where RK takes this.   And then of course what happens to The Commonwealth and who will step up as the leader of both communities?   Carl still seems kind of young to me, someday he will be ready.   Michonne or Maggie would seem logical to me.  Unless he wants to bring back Negan lol

Spoiler

1. You're assuming he is actually awake and not dreaming. Remember he's sleeping before it happens.

2. Comics are comics, not real life. Maybe you heard of a movie with a big green guy in it recently?

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:
  Hide contents

1. You're assuming he is actually awake and not dreaming. Remember he's sleeping before it happens.

2. Comics are comics, not real life. Maybe you heard of a movie with a big green guy in it recently?

Spoiler

Huh, I had not considered the dream sequence thing.  As far as being a comic, TWD has taken some liberties (not sure how easy it is to stop arterial bleeding after cutting off limbs), but to reference that movie you were talking about, if Captain America takes a bullet to the heart, the dude is dead.   Unless there is some weird parallel Universe thing going on.  IDK, the people I've been talking to generally expected Rick to die by Issue 200 and are ok with it, as long as RK can keep up a good story.  For me, if 20 issues from now I had to hear another Rick Motivational Speech, I might burn the book.

Oh and BTW, the Captain America reference has nothing to do with Endgame - I have not seen it and have no idea how he ends up. (Someone thought I might have put a spoiler in there).   I believe he's just a very strong / incredibly coordinated human so catching a stray bullet would be a VERY bad day for him.

Edited by BladeTX
Set the facts straight

2 minutes ago, MrWalkingDead said:

Someone needs to grade the new issue quick and see what notes CGC puts on the label...

Spoiler

Yeah, how does that work?   Assume Rick actually dies in 192.  Would that then be the "Death of Rick Grimes" issue?  Would seem so.  What if someone finds him in the morning dead in a pool of his own blood.  Does #191 get any comments or credits?  If he dies, I think "Shooting of Rick Grimes" would be appropriate, just like in Issue 28 the label says "Rick loses his right hand".   IDK, never submitted.  Kind of new to this.

18 minutes ago, MrWalkingDead said:

Someone needs to grade the new issue quick and see what notes CGC puts on the label...

They have stated in the past that they do not immediately put notes on labels. They wait a little while to see how things play out in the market and subsequent issues. For instance, Naomi #1 doesn't have it labeled as her first appearance.

59 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:
  Hide contents

"Rick gets shot (not the first time)" :shy:

this made me laugh out loud---- or maybe its all just a dream-------I keep hoping that they will somehow meet up with the Spanish chick that Ricks brother met up with in the "Alien" story

32 minutes ago, MrWalkingDead said:

this made me laugh out loud---- or maybe its all just a dream-------I keep hoping that they will somehow meet up with the Spanish chick that Ricks brother met up with in the "Alien" story

I’ve heard this was a running joke for a while (aliens) and they did a spoof on it. Where can I find that?  Would live to read it.

7 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

I’ve heard this was a running joke for a while (aliens) and they did a spoof on it. Where can I find that?  Would live to read it.

It’s at the end of issue 75

1 hour ago, bigclutch said:

Today is FOC for The Walking Dead issue 192. We've added at blank cover variant. Don't miss out.

THE WALKING DEAD #192 CVR A: APR190202

THE WALKING DEAD #192 CVR B BLANK: APR198001

Got me about 5 copies each on pre-order...can't wait to read it!!!

#countdownto200 :headbang: