• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Got me about 5 copies each on pre-order...can't wait to read it!!!

#countdownto200 :headbang:

Me too.  5 regular, 3 blank.  Looks like a major new chapter for TWD.  Thanks for the heads-up Big Clutch!

15 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Today is FOC for The Walking Dead issue 192. We've added at blank cover variant. Don't miss out.

THE WALKING DEAD #192 CVR A: APR190202

THE WALKING DEAD #192 CVR B BLANK: APR198001

Grabbed a few.  Thank you kind sir. :headbang:

7 hours ago, MrWalkingDead said:

Where is everybody stashing all their Walking Dead books?  Those Anniversary books are gonna take up a lot of space

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

Are those custom graphics on the lids?  Very cool but yeah, you will need 4-5 of these after the TWD 200+ book explosion 

I’ve got about 200 raw NM/NM+ books 28 to 191 with many variants in MyLites mylar covers on my office bookshelf. Have 3 BCW CGC containers and a medium safe for the graded stuff.    Not collecting graded books for the full series, just 1-50, first appearances and a few other fun things like Hero Initiative.

B983D644-71E3-443C-9191-7CFF0A7EA209.jpeg

Spoiler

There is no way Kirkman is going to let Rick's story end on a wet fart moment of a cowardly spineless weasel catching him unawares and killing him in his bed. So whether it's all a dream or whatever, there isn't going to be a Rick Grimes funeral in the next issue. And shame on Kirkman if that's not the case - sixteen years is a lot of time to invest in a lead character to just throw it away like this.

2 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:
  Hide contents

There is no way Kirkman is going to let Rick's story end on a wet fart moment of a cowardly spineless weasel catching him unawares and killing him in his bed. So whether it's all a dream or whatever, there isn't going to be a Rick Grimes funeral in the next issue. And shame on Kirkman if that's not the case - sixteen years is a lot of time to invest in a lead character to just throw it away like this.

Spoiler

I'm not sure what is going to happen either but if it's a dream won't it be the first one since #1 (and I'm talking about since he 'woke up' from the coma)?  My bet is that it won't be a dream sequence but I also don't think Rick is going down over this...2c

26 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure what is going to happen either but if it's a dream won't it be the first one since #1 (and I'm talking about since he 'woke up' from the coma)?  My bet is that it won't be a dream sequence but I also don't think Rick is going down over this...2c

Spoiler

Well, Skybound sure is going out of their way to make it LOOK like his last issue.   193 cover is a somber-looking Carl.  194 cover is some new sheriff, which seems really bizarre unless they are stretching out some dream sequence.  And with Skybound doing blank covers of issue 192, I'll be pissed if they got me to buy 8 copies (5 regular; 3 blank) instead of just 1.  And honestly, I'm OK with Rick going out.  Yeah, it is a crappy way to do it, versus him dying in some awesome battle scene.  But unlike the TV show, all the strong supporting characters would be left.  And I'm not sure I could take another Rick speech like in 191 LOL.

26 minutes ago, BladeTX said:
  Hide contents

Well, Skybound sure is going out of their way to make it LOOK like his last issue.   193 cover is a somber-looking Carl.  194 cover is some new sheriff, which seems really bizarre unless they are stretching out some dream sequence.  And with Skybound doing blank covers of issue 192, I'll be pissed if they got me to buy 8 copies (5 regular; 3 blank) instead of just 1.  And honestly, I'm OK with Rick going out.  Yeah, it is a crappy way to do it, versus him dying in some awesome battle scene.  But unlike the TV show, all the strong supporting characters would be left.  And I'm not sure I could take another Rick speech like in 191 LOL.

The covers can be misleading, though (and have been in the past) - I think back to the one where Jesus is cowering in fear and it hinted he might die but in fact it was quite the opposite that happened.  IDK...I think we'll be surprised, either way, and in 1 week we will know for sure :) 

On 5/22/2019 at 12:08 AM, MrWalkingDead said:

Where is everybody stashing all their Walking Dead books?  Those Anniversary books are gonna take up a lot of space

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2871.JPG

Did you have those boxes custom made, or build them yourself?   Where did you get the art for the box tops?  Very cool.

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

agreed

Spoiler

It's a comic book so anything can happen... we could learn Rick is immortal.  Someone proposed the idea that the bullet hit a rib and saved him.  Here is what I know.  The entry wound was directly over his heart.   Seconds later he is leaning over with blood dripping from his mouth, so some sort of major internal injury causing that.  I just don't see how he gets out of that.  And what is with the weird new Sheriff on the cover of 194?  Is recreational marijuana legal in Kentucky?  Seems like Kirkman has been hitting the bong lately.  doh!

1 hour ago, MrWalkingDead said:

I built the boxes- made the decals- and sent the lids off to different artist to paint on-  the insides of the boxes are lined with carpet samples from GM intended for Camaros-- I have 6 full crates at the moment-- gotta keep the Walking Dead books from escaping-

True devotion - love it.