• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Just a heads-up to all that the pages of Issue 192 have already been leaked and are on the Facebook Group TWD Spoilers.   There was a headline which I won't put here and then a full page but I only caught a glimpse and quickly looked away.  At any rate, if you want to enjoy any surprises with 192, heads-up to be wary of social media today.   Unfortunately I am on a business trip to Denver and Toronto so can't get my books until Friday evening.   :tonofbricks:

3 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Just a heads-up to all that the pages of Issue 192 have already been leaked and are on the Facebook Group TWD Spoilers.   There was a headline which I won't put here and then a full page but I only caught a glimpse and quickly looked away.  At any rate, if you want to enjoy any surprises with 192, heads-up to be wary of social media today.   Unfortunately I am on a business trip to Denver and Toronto so can't get my books until Friday evening.   :tonofbricks:

Yep, I saw it already.  Appreciate the head up though. Hope TM holds you the best looking copies!

Yikes. It says something when an issue like this is met with a fizzle. 

And after reading it, yes I am curious what’s to come (that’s a win!), but wow - such disappointment, not from what occurred but from how the issue was written and the character moments. 

Eye opening really. 

10 hours ago, RPcnuwm said:

Yikes. It says something when an issue like this is met with a fizzle. 

And after reading it, yes I am curious what’s to come (that’s a win!), but wow - such disappointment, not from what occurred but from how the issue was written and the character moments. 

Eye opening really. 

Spoiler

- maybe i am just a robot now-  but after finishing the issue--- i felt nothing...is something wrong with me? 

Spoiler

I’m pretty surprised that people aren’t  losing their minds over this issue. Maybe people accept it because Rick was older but he wasn’t old. He got a little preachy like a politician in the end. Certainly didn’t reflect who he was the majority of the story.

I’ve seen ads for future issues. I feel like if any book ever needed a Volume #2, this is it. The Walking Dead is Rick’s story in my mind. They need a new hero. No one left to be that unless they introduce a new player. ☹️

Don't click this link unless you've read #192.

https://www.facebook.com/planetcomicsandgames/photos/a.10151759490602739/10156657106852739/?type=3&theater

I cannot believe these tools. THE BOOK CAME OUT TODAY, AND THIS IMAGE WAS JUST SITTING IN MY FACEBOOK FEED. 

Luckily I read the issue before seeing it, but COME ON. 

Spoiler

A fitting end to have Carl be the one to put walker-Rick down. The two pages of sad headshots was hokey as were many of the other images in this issue. The Carl/Sebastian scene was a callback to  similar ones between Rick/Negan, so it just came across as lesser than what had gone before, for me.

Not awful, not great. Not a hero's end IMO.

Looks like a good spot to hop off the floppies bandwagon and we'll see about continuing on in trade form. It just won't be as compelling now that the remaining supporting characters are being asked to fill the starring role. Sorry, not sorry.

And a heartfelt thank you to Kirkman, Moore, Adelard and the gang for a wonderful comic over these past whatever years. Truly a labor of love for them and it showed. Kudos!!

3 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Don't click this link unless you've read #192.

https://www.facebook.com/planetcomicsandgames/photos/a.10151759490602739/10156657106852739/?type=3&theater

I cannot believe these tools. THE BOOK CAME OUT TODAY, AND THIS IMAGE WAS JUST SITTING IN MY FACEBOOK FEED. 

Luckily I read the issue before seeing it, but COME ON. 

unfollowing those guys, wtf.

Spoiler

I enjoyed the cell scene and I hope that Sebastian and Carl get some one on one time out of the jail at some point...

So I saw in the Letter Hacks that RK said Negan isn't coming back.  Then at the very end he hinted at Negan coming back.  Not sure which to believe...but I really hope it's the latter.  Negan has SO much potential in both the show and the comic and with his last appearance in the comic having him saved by Maggie it would be so cool to see issue 200 be the re-introduction of him as either a redeeming character.  Or just have him return to his bad Lucille-wielding self, too...both would be equally entertaining (of course with a new 'Lucille', however, as she's dead)!  Think about it ... from issue #100 to #200 the changes in that one character alone are drastically different...

Making it 100 issues for any character at this point is a long time nowadays...

#RIPRickGrimes:sorry:

Spoiler

Being one that has read very little of the comic but has followed the show (in the good and bad).  I am happy to see Kirkman pull essentially a Game of Thrones where anyone is in the crosshairs.

Knowing that he had plans for nearly 20 months to have that person do the deed is even better.  And not on a true milestone issue to boot, it is the end of a volume though (right?).

While I disagree with what Planet Comics did, they are only trying to advertise the commemorative cover, they definitely could have handled it better.  Though they only have until next week to order it though I believe as orders have to be in along with orders for #193.

48 minutes ago, Phill the Governor said:

This is pretty great.

Hide contents

It is poetic how Rick's story started and ended in a bed. 

You've got one foot in this world, and one foot in the next.   [FYI...these are FOR REAL spoilers!!!]. Don't open if you haven't read WD #192.]

Spoiler

image.png.9384d0dd8771410670732a9070ba444c.pngimage.png.87618d8024246fb7658bb54cf4215648.png

Edited by Sideshow Bob
spoiler alert!

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:03 PM, EvilAsh said:
  Hide contents

I thought it was great! And I loved the fact that his death really came out of nowhere! Kudos to Kirkman for not waiting for a milestone issue like #200 :headbang:

Spoiler

Just got back from my business trip so late to the party.   I thought the issue was as expected.  Of course it is somber. Their beloved leader, Father and more just died.  Not a time for fireworks and tequila shots.   And I’m OK with how it went down.  Because I knew Rick would be a Walker and either Carl or Michonne would have to put him down.  But I would love to see Carl Kill Sebastian one day.  That deserves revenge IMO.

Spoiler

Oh and props to Charlie - I thought the artwork in this issue did justice to our loss of Rick

Edited by BladeTX