• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2019 at 10:33 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I do know this, and the fact that any of that is necessary is the problem. It's why this original American artform is dying, and will soon be dead. The average comic sells enough copies to fill a small American town, in a good month. The top selling comics frequently struggle to sell numbers that would have resulted in automatic cancellation even in the horrible years of the late 70s.

But no one cares, so long as the locusts make their $10 or $20; when the artform is dead, they'll move on to the next fad, as they always do. 

Comics will not die, they will just go to a different medium. All media in print form is trending this way as today's youth read books on tablets, but consume much more information and media visually online (e.g. Youtube). I expect this to continue as each future generation is more digital than the last.

3 hours ago, kimik said:

Comics will not die, they will just go to a different medium.

...which is the same thing that I said earlier. The printed comic is coming to an end. So "sequential art" survives in digital format..."digital format" cannot be collected. You won't find conventions with $1 bins filled with digital comics. No racks filled with digital wall books. No sending away to Sarasota for digital slabbing....

And the worst part of all....? No walking into a room filled with the wonderful smell of old newsprint...

FYI for those that ordered the #193 SDCC off the Skybound website. I was told that the top books in the case were damaged and at SDCC they were setting those aside. It was speculated that these were the ones sold online. I received mine today and there is a nice stress right in the middle of the spine. The rest of the book looks nice, just that one point of damage. I feel like it would have been nice if they would have said they would be VF copies on the website.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

FYI for those that ordered the #193 SDCC off the Skybound website. I was told that the top books in the case were damaged and at SDCC they were setting those aside. It was speculated that these were the ones sold online. I received mine today and there is a nice stress right in the middle of the spine. The rest of the book looks nice, just that one point of damage. I feel like it would have been nice if they would have said they would be VF copies on the website.

I ordered my from the Skybound site and it arrived minty fresh and packaged with extreme care 👍🏻

3 hours ago, StephenWA said:

I'm SO excited. My wife and I went to Walton and Forsyth in downtown Atlanta in May 2017, and saw the place where the Season 1 pilot / episode 01 finale was filmed (Rick/tank/walkers).

Today, I have just booked for May 2020 for us to go back to Atlanta and Senoia (we have a hotel booked in 'Woodbury') to see some of the other TWD locations. I can barely contain my excitement :-)

That's awesome! I love it down there. Be sure to stop by the Woodbury Shoppe and Nic and Norman's.

I have been thinking about the overall timeline for the TV shows. I have found this apparently well-researched link to the 3632 days (the whole TWD story so far is about 10 years) between the Wildfire virus first reanimating corpses / 3500 days since the "global outbreak" (this latter being 59 days before Rick wakes up in season 1, episode 01) and the end of season 9.

For example, from the global outbreak, which is suggested in real-world time as either 7 August or 14 October 2010, the CDC self-destructs on day 64, on the fifth day after Rick woke up. Abraham and Glenn die on day 598. Rick and Jadis depart by helicopter on day 1207 (3 years and 4 months). The pikes are on day 3407 (9 years and 4 months). It really helped me to start to understand the "time jumps".

The second link is to the FTWD timeline, which is of 994 days (just over 2.5 years) from Season 1, episode 01 up to the Season 5 mid-season break.

TWD: https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline

FTWD: https://walkingdead.fandom.com/wiki/Fear_The_Walking_Dead_Timeline

It is not always clear how the two stories occur in parallel. It seems however reasonable to me to assume that the timelines are concurrent, as the global outbreak would likely be the same day across the US (+/- a day or so).

On 7/29/2019 at 2:12 PM, bigclutch said:

That's not the case at all. We don't sell damaged goods. If you want to send me a pic of the book, I'll take a look and let you know if there's anything we can do. Also, the guys who do fulfillment do their best to make sure we sent out good looking copies. That being said, some things do slip through when you're doing the volume of sales we do during SDCC. 

-shawn

^^^this times 3000- im only chiming in because on the rare case that i received a damaged book from Skybound it was fixed immediately- also- every box-set variant i ever received from Skybound looked like it should have graded 9.9 or 10- probably the cleanest Walking Dead books ive ever got in the mail-  their copies always seem to be fresh and minty clean-

On 9/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, StephenWA said:

Thats cool that they are making a hard copy of this story.  Guessing I need to see if my LCS can get it for me.  

On 8/16/2019 at 10:32 AM, StephenWA said:

I'm SO excited. My wife and I went to Walton and Forsyth in downtown Atlanta in May 2017, and saw the place where the Season 1 pilot / episode 01 finale was filmed (Rick/tank/walkers).

Today, I have just booked for May 2020 for us to go back to Atlanta and Senoia (we have a hotel booked in 'Woodbury') to see some of the other TWD locations. I can barely contain my excitement :-)

I was a Zombie in that scene (the scene with the horse falling, tank etc). It was suuuuper hot those days we filmed, but it was a fun experience. 

I hear there is a "Last Wine Variant" of TWD #1. It is (apparently) sent with deliveries by the Last Wine Company which produces Walking Dead Wine. I sent them an email to enquire, but (sadly) did not receive the courtesy of a response. Does anybody know anything about it?