• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Thanks Crops :insane:.   Yeah of 3 shops in our area, only 1 knew to order them and they only received 8 out of 22 ordered as they were on allocation.  Crops and I cherry picked 1 each from the best of the lot and another guy helped us buy one for Sensei Ryan as none of his local shops were ordering it.  Will be interesting to see the distribution figures on this one in a couple of months.

5 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Not sure if everyone is aware but the formerly digital only one-shot The Walking Dead - Alien comic released last Saturday.

I know in my area only 1 shop ordered any.

Interesting:

Vaughan says that The Walking Dead: Alien is "exclusively" on PanelSyndicate, which would rule out any print edition.

https://www.newsarama.com/28935-brian-vaughan-opens-some-surprising-continuity-door-in-the-walking-dead-the-alien-one-shot.html

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Interesting:

Vaughan says that The Walking Dead: Alien is "exclusively" on PanelSyndicate, which would rule out any print edition.

https://www.newsarama.com/28935-brian-vaughan-opens-some-surprising-continuity-door-in-the-walking-dead-the-alien-one-shot.html

Originally, that WAS the case. You could obtain it for a donation (including $0) from Panel Syndicate.

NOW, it is definitely a real comic which was released for the 5th annual Local Comic Store Day (LCSD) on 23 November 2019.

12 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Not sure if everyone is aware but the formerly digital only one-shot The Walking Dead - Alien comic released last Saturday.

I know in my area only 1 shop ordered any.

image.png.b984bf20348a64269e384efb64e188ef.png

Set in Barcelona, Spain - Marcos Martin's home city

14 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Originally, that WAS the case. You could obtain it for a donation (including $0) from Panel Syndicate.

NOW, it is definitely a real comic which was released for the 5th annual Local Comic Store Day (LCSD) on 23 November 2019.

I am well aware of that. The point of my post was that it was not going to be printed. Now, low and behold, it is.

They did the same thing with the Negan story in the Image Firsts magazine.

Edited by ygogolak

On 4/27/2019 at 8:53 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

I hope something monumental happens in the anniversary issue and not a random on leading up to it like 197 or 193.

Just re-reading some of this thread, Ryan. With hindsight, how prophetic you might have been seven months ago with regard to #193...

On 11/28/2019 at 9:18 PM, StephenWA said:

Just re-reading some of this thread, Ryan. With hindsight, how prophetic you might have been seven months ago with regard to #193...

Hey Stephen! It's crazy because that #193 number in particular stood out to me because it seems like the very beginning of each new 48-issue run brings about a shift in focus in the overall storyline...had I only known how big of a shift, though, the news would have been easier to swallow.  Sigh...I miss the series very much.  Still holding out hope for a follow-up or companion series to come to fruition.

#TWDFOREVER

On 10/20/2019 at 5:36 PM, StephenWA said:

I hear there is a "Last Wine Variant" of TWD #1. It is (apparently) sent with deliveries by the Last Wine Company which produces Walking Dead Wine. I sent them an email to enquire, but (sadly) did not receive the courtesy of a response. Does anybody know anything about it?

Apparently they are low print run for this.  Not a lot of people know much about it...but looks like Chris Burnham had a limited supply of "INSANELY RARE" copies at his booth while at NYCC.....  I just picked one up as well CGC 9.8.... might have overpaid, but this seems like a grail to have....

19 hours ago, JLam1127 said:

Apparently they are low print run for this.  Not a lot of people know much about it...but looks like Chris Burnham had a limited supply of "INSANELY RARE" copies at his booth while at NYCC.....  I just picked one up as well CGC 9.8.... might have overpaid, but this seems like a grail to have....

A little more info on these. They were promo items for the company that we did the TWD wine with. They gave them out to shops that carried the wine. I don't know the exact details on who/how/where they gave them out, but that's what they did.

-shawn

On 1/7/2020 at 12:05 PM, bigclutch said:

A little more info on these. They were promo items for the company that we did the TWD wine with. They gave them out to shops that carried the wine. I don't know the exact details on who/how/where they gave them out, but that's what they did.

-shawn

That is a great mystery around how many are out there and the channels to get one of those....  I just received mine just last week.... gonna see if I can hunt for more...

TWD.thumb.jpg.6b9c3bcc3d69825e51770b77ebc665d6.jpg

4 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Nice looking book!

I was able to find out that the wine company sent the promo copies out to local wine distributors in CA, CO, GA, KY, OH, IL, LA, OK, TX, SC and WA. I believe the distributors would then send the books to their accounts that would carry the wine. So if you see the wine out there, then maybe check with the store owner to see if they have the comics.

-shawn

Thank you sir!  

So I've noticed on Ebay that Issue #1 has taken a hit in the recent weeks. The 9.6 especially seem to be hovering around the $1000-$1200 price point. Anyone think that the 9.8's might take a decent hit too? Picked up a 9.6 and listed my 9.2 but don't seem to have much interest at all for it so far. Not that I'd ever sell my full run I just hope that overall I stay close to even and don't take a massive hit.

3 hours ago, Timothy Villalpando said:

So I've noticed on Ebay that Issue #1 has taken a hit in the recent weeks. The 9.6 especially seem to be hovering around the $1000-$1200 price point. Anyone think that the 9.8's might take a decent hit too? Picked up a 9.6 and listed my 9.2 but don't seem to have much interest at all for it so far. Not that I'd ever sell my full run I just hope that overall I stay close to even and don't take a massive hit.

Well it’s anyone’s guess.  If Kirkman launches a new series.. it could take off again. I’m sticking with it.