• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

On 2/21/2020 at 4:56 AM, Timothy Villalpando said:

Sticking with it too. Other than my 2nd copy of Walking Dead #1 I don’t plan on getting rid of any of the 350+ different WD books I have any time soon. 

For now, it seems the complete The Walking Dead comic collection in English language comprises 663 different comics in the main set + 53 TWD Weekly + 4 Survivor Guides = 720.

I have also updated my Journal on TWD #1 to reflect the full 253 different covers of that first edition - see 

On 2/21/2020 at 12:35 PM, Timothy Villalpando said:

So I've noticed on Ebay that Issue #1 has taken a hit in the recent weeks. The 9.6 especially seem to be hovering around the $1000-$1200 price point. Anyone think that the 9.8's might take a decent hit too? Picked up a 9.6 and listed my 9.2 but don't seem to have much interest at all for it so far. Not that I'd ever sell my full run I just hope that overall I stay close to even and don't take a massive hit.

FYI as per GPA

9.8 blue

2018 ave - $2316

2019 ave - $2013

12 month ave - $1989

90 day ave - $1630

You're welcome.

3 hours ago, eastbayrudy said:

Always trips me out how many Walking Dead "fans" collect for value of the comics lol

I hear ya but no one wants to take a 50% loss on anything they own.   At least no one rational.   I’m talking long term here... not short term ups and downs.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:26 PM, BladeTX said:

I hear ya but no one wants to take a 50% loss on anything they own.   At least no one rational.   I’m talking long term here... not short term ups and downs.

Exactly!  My Walking Dead collection isn’t limited to just the comics. Never bought the books as an investment but as you said it would suck to take a hit like that even though I never plan on selling my collection.

2 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Wow - that was unexpected.  Now to get an order in for the Gold and Silver foil variants!!

2 hours ago, BladeTX said:
2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Wow - that was unexpected.  Now to get an order in for the Gold and Silver foil variants!!

:tink:

I have been working with a few TWD "nuts" (and fountains of wisdom) to create a list of TWD rarities - those limited edition comic runs from conventions and from special boxes (etc). We have a rough draft to share.

If anyone here would like to see it/comment on it/correct it before we post it on here for the world to refer to, please ping me a DM with your email address :-)

45 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Aaaaand the new mysterious "doesn't exist" Ruby Foil Negan Lives as well that Kirkman spoiled on twitter.

Not found any concrete info on it yet other than that brief image and it is on @Key Collector Comics's app already.

Happy Hunting!

I feel sorry for the complete variety set guys who are probably going to have to drop $1,000 on a 9.8 of one of these.   Ouch.

Well I had a shot to buy the Gold and Silver first from my LCS.  They wanted an outrageous $300 for Gold and $100 for Silver - both far above eBay prices right now.  The know-it-all shop owner said he found 11 sales on eBay and that was the average but I am sure he missed the fact that the first several all went pre-sale for $500ish.   Kirkman is giving the Skybound revenue back to the shops.  It would be nice if the shops gave back to collectors.  I know someone whose shop was 1/2 eBay prices... essentially splitting any flipping profit between the shop and the collector.  Now THAT seems reasonable!!!   Sorry for the Rant but when I saw those books on the shelf I was ready to take them home 

4 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Well I had a shot to buy the Gold and Silver first from my LCS.  They wanted an outrageous $300 for Gold and $100 for Silver - both far above eBay prices right now.  The know-it-all shop owner said he found 11 sales on eBay and that was the average but I am sure he missed the fact that the first several all went pre-sale for $500ish.   Kirkman is giving the Skybound revenue back to the shops.  It would be nice if the shops gave back to collectors.  I know someone whose shop was 1/2 eBay prices... essentially splitting any flipping profit between the shop and the collector.  Now THAT seems reasonable!!!   Sorry for the Rant but when I saw those books on the shelf I was ready to take them home 

I have seen a few posts on FB collectors where they have said they got em for cover price even.  So the price spread is definitely going to be out there.

I wish you could have gotten them.

I bought my three Negan Lives covers from eBay, and the first one (Silver cover) arrived in the mail today. It presents beautifully.

I'm waiting for a Red logo regular one to arrive so I can read the "Negan News"...

Edited by StephenWA
typo