• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Older labels are now retired. We're working on new labels.

Sad Panda!  Would have been nice for them to have lasted until after Negan Lives was out and done.  My Bronze and Red foils are both at CGC now, was hoping there would be an added push for them, a death throe if you will.  But I guess not.  1st Print, Gold and Silver will have to be Lucille'd and 2nd, Bronze and Red will not.

On 8/31/2020 at 3:57 PM, bigclutch said:

Older labels are now retired. We're working on new labels.

Ugh 46 of first 50 in Custom TWD labels (all Sig Series).  I guess I'll have to hold off on CGC until the new labels debut.  I wish someone had done some better planning here so that there was not an inventory gap out.  Any push you can give @bigclutch would be greatly appreciated.  I have 5 more waiting to go in for reholders with custom TWD labels.

5 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Ugh 46 of first 50 in Custom TWD labels (all Sig Series).  I guess I'll have to hold off on CGC until the new labels debut.  I wish someone had done some better planning here so that there was not an inventory gap out.  Any push you can give @bigclutch would be greatly appreciated.  I have 5 more waiting to go in for reholders with custom TWD labels.

We did it intentionally just to mess with you!

Finally got around to reading Negan Lives. Even reading 174 beforehand couldn't make this dud sing. It added nothing to the franchise, the story, or the character. Hopefully it served its stated purpose of providing a sales boost to LCS because there was nothing else there.

:tonofbricks:

On 9/4/2020 at 7:28 PM, bigclutch said:
On 9/4/2020 at 2:27 PM, BladeTX said:

We did it intentionally just to mess with you!

I am going with you did it to mess with Blade and for us foilfevers that now cannot complete our Negan Lives with Lucille labels.  My life will never be complete..... EVER......  *sobs*

7 hours ago, APDallas said:

With the cancellation of the series on AMC do anyone think it will move to another streaming service? If it is for good how do you think it will affect prices?

There are 2 spinoff series being proposed.  TWD Deluxe is going to be published until 2028.  So lots of TWD yet to come.

The popularity has waned since the best episode aired, IMHO, and Glenn and Abraham met Lucille. That turned a bunch of people off the show, and as more of the original cast has left the interest has waned further. Basically, TWD has had its run for now. I expect the comics to follow the TMNT pattern - after the late 80s/early 90s spike due to the first round of movies and cartoons, TMNT was dead. Fast forward to the mid 00s when the next wave of movies came out and the late GenX and GenY kids that grew up with them were now gainfully employed, and there was an increase in demand and prices again that has continued to accelerate since then. I can remember doing shows in the early to mid 00s where no one even asked for TMNT.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, bigclutch said:
On 9/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, BladeTX said:

There are 2 spinoff series being proposed.  TWD Deluxe is going to be published until 2028.  So lots of TWD yet to come.

BTW, I talked to my contacts at AMC. They said this was your fault too!

Wait so the TV Series AND the comic is all because of @BladeTX????????

So it isn't because I added WD to my pull starting with 192..... lol