• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Not sure if any of you have checked out my Comics Vault Live streams in the past. We've got one coming up for our Halloween Xpo on the 30th. I'm going to have something special for that stream. If you get a chance, please check it out.

I will do my best to check it out, you made me a believer from the Xpo Vault back in July. :)

27 minutes ago, bigclutch said:

So glad we can finally announce this. This is very limited and we're only going to be selling it as a CGC 9.8.

-Shawn

Next time you can always secretly tell me about it.  I can keep secrets..... promise.... lol

On 10/23/2020 at 7:02 PM, bigclutch said:

So glad we can finally announce this. This is very limited and we're only going to be selling it as a CGC 9.8.

-Shawn

Hey @bigclutch, Since you're amongst (probably) the most-committed collectors of TWD here, is it possible Skybound might consider offering a pre-sale to us of this rare lovely (as well as future TWD special releases)? Though I love the live "Vault" events, their timings for me in the UK can make it a very late night!

Thank you for your consideration,

Kind regards, sir

Stephen

6 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Hey @bigclutch, Since you're amongst (probably) the most-committed collectors of TWD here, is it possible Skybound might consider offering a pre-sale to us of this rare lovely (as well as future TWD special releases)? Though I love the live "Vault" events, their timings for me in the UK can make it a very late night!

Kind regards, sir

Stephen

It's something I'll look into. For this coming Xpo, the CVL will be at noon, so that's a little better for y'all in the UK. Also, I'm going to open up the sales for longer than the stream, at least through the weekend.

-Shawn

7 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Kind regards, sir

Stephen

That is a good idea.  I have seen one of the variant facilitators on FB that actually pre-sells to their group for anyone that cannot make the live sales events.  I always thought that was pretty awesome.  Now I am sure they won't sell every copy in that manner but still a cool way to thank the true fans or collectors.

@StephenWA You could also try to befriend someone in the US to be your proxy buyer.  "if it is below this price, pick me up one and I'll pay you back" or something of the like.  (not it)

1 hour ago, bigclutch said:

It's something I'll look into. For this coming Xpo, the CVL will be at noon, so that's a little better for y'all in the UK. Also, I'm going to open up the sales for longer than the stream, at least through the weekend.

-Shawn

Thanks for being active over here, Shawn.  It is appreciated.

Comic Vault Live is happening now.  Better head over if you are interested!

@StephenWA They limited purchase of the sketch to 3 per person and they are $99.99 and only 250 available.  At the end of the CVL there were only about 20 left.

And of the 250 sketch covers he is randomly going to swap some with 9.9s.....  man to be that lucky I would die.  I would be ok becoming a walker at that point.

Also the Mystery Boxes for the Xpo.  @bigclutch let the cat outta the bag that they could have #foilfever.  But this one is a little different.  It could have a Negan Lives Red Foil or a newly unreleased Walking Dead Deluxe Red Foil.

Now I am curious how many were 9.9s!

8 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Comic Vault Live is happening now.  Better head over if you are interested!

@StephenWA They limited purchase of the sketch to 3 per person and they are $99.99 and only 250 available.  At the end of the CVL there were only about 20 left.

And of the 250 sketch covers he is randomly going to swap some with 9.9s.....  man to be that lucky I would die.  I would be ok becoming a walker at that point.

Also the Mystery Boxes for the Xpo.  @bigclutch let the cat outta the bag that they could have #foilfever.  But this one is a little different.  It could have a Negan Lives Red Foil or a newly unreleased Walking Dead Deluxe Red Foil.

Now I am curious how many were 9.9s!

Thank you for the note. I did join in, and bought a TWDD #1 Finch BW Variant (hope to get an u/g to a 9.9) and an Invincible FCBD #1 9.8SSx2.

I also bought a 34" Lucille baseball bat.

I was goofing about paying that I missed the point about the TWDD Red Foil. What was said?

Kind regards

Stephen

Just now, StephenWA said:

Thank you for the note. I did join in, and bought a TWDD #1 Finch BW Variant (hope to get an u/g to a 9.9) and an Invincible FCBD #1 9.8SSx2.

I was goofing about paying that I missed the point about the TWDD Red Foil. What was said?

Kind regards

Stephen

TWDD Red Foils are randomly inserted into mystery boxes. ;)

13 minutes ago, StephenWA said:

Kind regards

Stephen

Yeah what @bigclutch said, they are randomly inserted into the boxes.  My guess is it is exactly similar to the last box, so the foil, if you get one will be under the raw comic but above the slabbed book.

Thanks for another great show @bigclutch!

26 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Got one!! Thanks Brian for the heads-up.  I skipped out of a work meeting to join 😜.  Totally stoked to get the book and if it’s upgraded to 9.9... wow!!! 

Thanks for joining! These TWDDLX books printed so nicely that we have a lot of 9.9s. So Robert suggested finding a way to treat our fans, so we're going to swap out a few of the 9.8s for 9.9s. I hope people don't get upset.

28 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Yeah what @bigclutch said, they are randomly inserted into the boxes.  My guess is it is exactly similar to the last box, so the foil, if you get one will be under the raw comic but above the slabbed book.

Thanks for another great show @bigclutch!

Yes, the red foils were put into mystery boxes just like with the Negan Lives. Actually there's a chance that either of those foils could be in the boxes as we had some Red Foil Negans left over.